• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

SRC Elections 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
wikiwiki said:
but the fact is, you are still not ugly enough for me to vote for.

I'm sorry to say you are the most sensible candidate.

That is exactly why I am not voting for you.

You don't deserve to be destroyed by the devils of politics.

Leave politics to the damned.
I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not...

jellybeenz

HSC
Keep Left are a bunch of loonies. Violence is never an acceptable reaction. I'm actually kind of shocked, its one thing to hear of personal attacks, politics after all is a dirty business but violence is just taking it waaaay too far.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Or vote for waf because of the sheer coolness of his attempt to pervert the course of democracy.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Andrew Quah for SRC President
RESOLVE for NUS
Ecologically Sustainable Campus for SRC.
CHOICE for Honi

Preference according to the RESOLVE How to Vote (printed on our behalf on 100% recycled paper by our dear friends at Choice), and your preferences will flow back to Tom when I am inevitably eliminated from the count.

Last edited:

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's a good arrangement. I don't look like such an idiot with no votes, and Tom gets all the votes that originally went to me. Of course, if people wish to preference Spencer instead, that's their democratic right.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I've had so many requests for my guys to go do professional gigs, and even more students asking to join the society, to get music lessons from society members etc. It's been great for business over at SECS.

is a roflcopter
HSC
heard its been a NOLS domination once agai

VOTE 1 Go?! for pigs_can_fly

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's always a NOLS domination. There aren't any other students on campus who can be assed to vote.

Plebeian

I just feel sorry for anyone who voted Choice because of the promised $20 rebate, without realising that Choice will get at most 9 seats out of the 48 on Council, and hence that such a measure will never come to pass. I'm also eagerly anticipating the fee reduction that Simon and Jackson promised during Union Board election, but I can't help wondering if it will go the same way ... :rolleyes:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Techie said:
I just feel sorry for anyone who voted Choice because of the promised $20 rebate, without realising that Choice will get at most 9 seats out of the 48 on Council, and hence that such a measure will never come to pass. I'm also eagerly anticipating the fee reduction that Simon and Jackson promised during Union Board election, but I can't help wondering if it will go the same way ... :rolleyes:
Well maybe we need more of the forty something percentage of 18-25yo's who voted Howard in the last election to get out there and vote for SRC.

Plebeian

The figure may not be that high for university students, considering the Government's approach to tertiary education.

My point is that Choice was not even standing enough candidates to win a majority under any circumstances (even if they got as many votes as they wanted to), so there was never any chance of a rebate considering no-one shares their position. When I posted 9, that was accidental and wrong, it's more like 12 or 13 on the Choice ticket. But still far short of ever hoping to have a majority.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Choice + ESC + Asian ticket = enough candidates for a majority, but yes you were probably right the first time. I tip us to get 8 SRC reps and 1 NUS delegate.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
melbournian said:
Was it Tim (ie. the biggest champ ever)? he was using the word 'revolutionary' a lot in his seminar presentation today.
Tim is the biggest fuckwit of them all. He can't be fucked running a positive campaign to get himself up, so instead he resorts to violence.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nfi, the count starts at Hermann's in an hour or so. I'll go there when it starts cause atm most of the Libs have gone home to get changed.

jellybeenz

HSC
This might sound like a stupid question, but who counts the votes?

And is it like federal/state elections where everyone sits around on baited breath waiting to find out who won?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You get a couple of scrutineers from each major group and they head downstairs and count them. Well that's what happened for Union elections anyway. And yes everyone sits around getting pissed while they're waiting.

jellybeenz

HSC
withoutaface said:
You get a couple of scrutineers from each major group and they head downstairs and count them. Well that's what happened for Union elections anyway. And yes everyone sits around getting pissed while they're waiting.
Hah.

I get all passionate and self-righteous about politics when I've had a few drinks, I hate to think what the Keep Lefters would be like... or everyone involved in student politics for that matter.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Phanatical, you really suck at getting elected. Really. You lost votes if anything. I walked by you and some guy didnt take your leaflet and you screamed out "hey everyone! look! this guy doesnt like democracy"
That said i voted for you in 2 ballots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)