SRC Elections 2005 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
pigs_can_fly said:
woah, she actually offered u guys two NUS spots? are u sure? cos thats a lot, given that she wouldn't offer unity any at all.
That's because Unity lack the numbers to make a significant impact. She was afraid of the far left possibly being powerful enough to take president.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
well obviously that fear was unfounded...and i dun think choice realli got the numbers this time to make an impact either

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I'd like to think Everything I've said here has been Sensible. Even though I criticise a lot of the work of my representatives, I try not to accuse them baselessly. I claim that most student politicians are inherantly corrupt, but I qualify this by saying that within the contexts of the different political factions, "corrupt" takes on a different meaning.

In the case of Keep Left, their value system is corrupted, where they will hold a protest against Police Brutality because one of their members was arrested for beating up police officers. I don't doubt that that They believe they're right, but that doesn't mean I agree.

In the case of Action, it's the other way around. They have the discipline and training to win elections (the fact that Rose Jackson, NOLS matriarch came first in Drama for our HSC year sort of sets the tone for the rest of this particular discussion) - but they don't have the ethics good representatives Should have. They put electoral success ahead of ethics, and while this wins elections, this almost inevitably means inefficient and corrupted representatives.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I think we all knew that Choice would be weak in this election, despite fervant hopes to the contrary. While for the Left, there was only a choice between Keep Left and Action, for everybody else there was a choice between Choice/Resolve and not voting at all. To not vote sends the message that they don't want to be part of the SRC or its processes, and would be as effective in sending the message that they don't like the work of the SRC as voting for Choice/Resolve.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
You may call them excuses. I call it looking at the carnage, and analysing the damage before formulating suggestions and policy to address the situation.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Actually come to think of it they did do a deal with Unity, because they declined to run a candidate for president and instead went for Nick Wood.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
withoutaface said:
Actually come to think of it they did do a deal with Unity, because they declined to run a candidate for president and instead went for Nick Wood.
yeh they did
unity were offered sec and vp, contingent on certain conditions being met, but weren't offered any NUS delegate positions

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
GO!!! wasn't actually an independent ticket, was it? You sure don't sound like an independent. Your campaigners sure sounded uncertain about what it was you guys stood for - half of them wondered why they were supporting Action. My guess is that You're that reason.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
well i dun think u were any more independent than we were, so u really can't say much about that.

and even if some campaigners weren't as knowledgeable as they might've been, they sure pulled more votes than u did - says something about u and ur policies doesn't it?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
I was the only truly independent candidate in this election.
i'm sick of this thread of phanatical telling us how good/moral/holy he is. :rolleyes:

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Phanatical said:
I was the only truly independent candidate in this election.
i darno how u can keep asserting that u are independent, when u quite obviously made a one for one preference deal with choice. in the eyes of the voter, u were clearly not independent.

if we assume ur logic, then GO!!! was also another independent ticket, since we dealt off only our presidential preferences and nothign else.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It was a preference deal, and nothing more. I don't defend their policies (except for those that we share). Besides, GO!!! is such a Stupid name.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Phanatical said:
It was a preference deal, and nothing more. I don't defend their policies (except for those that we share). Besides, GO!!! is such a Stupid name.
:rolleyes:

says Andrew Quah and Resolve. Come on. People probably didn't vote for you because your name is so self conscious.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
Phanatical said:
not content in whining about his own failed campaign, Phanatical tries to defend his dignity by criticising another ticket's name - classy, very classy

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Phanatical said:
Besides, GO!!! is such a Stupid name.
merely swapping one verb for another does not improve your greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)