st andrews application? (1 Viewer)

TrophyBuyer

HSC
Benno's - College is not just a place to stay. It's a place to party and get shitfaced. And then two weeks year you have exams.

If you're looking for a place to stay go to SUV: That's Poor cunt Central. They have good internet connections at SUV so maybe you can add to your 1000 posts.

1080 s/c for:
- Mcfish could pull a 1080 with McSchitnzal
- Remember the tabby's comp: Those were the days
- Step up step in - gotta pay to play gotta play to win
- You gotta be in it to win it

sydgrammarian

HSC
I go to Drews and am going into second year this year.

Not sure who trophy guy is but is sorta right. Although you really need a balance to pass your subjects. I didn't really go out much this year and was sorta soft, but it helped me with my grades.

BTW - Is that you Jugs?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
TrophyBuyer said:
Benno's - College is not just a place to stay. It's a place to party and get shitfaced. And then two weeks year you have exams.

If you're looking for a place to stay go to SUV: That's Poor cunt Central. They have good internet connections at SUV so maybe you can add to your 1000 posts.

1080 s/c for:
- Mcfish could pull a 1080 with McSchitnzal
- Remember the tabby's comp: Those were the days
- Step up step in - gotta pay to play gotta play to win
- You gotta be in it to win it

yeah i know what college is and i dont just wat it as a place to stay. i want full involvement in all the college stuff and be a competitor and supporter at rawson, go to parties too. im good at balancing my time so i can try my best to do both.

i'd hate suv for the very reason youve stated. i dont need a good connection to add to my post count when i barely post more than 5 times each day. i probably wont post much at all when im at uni. id actually have better things to do with the hour i spend on the internet each day.

and really, it is great you can tell im a poor cunt cause i post on a forum. good on you.

better yet good on me. i post 5.62 posts per day. WOW what a poor cunt. youve done pretty well today with 5 posts. you shud be congratulated on reaching poor cunt status. you get a trophie.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
hey melbs. you not been around for a while.

im on a special short list for a place if a withdrawl occurs. ive called like 6 times and 4 of those porges has not been available and hasnt returned my calls. im going away for 2 weeks so ill talk to him in the morning maybe. he took my mobile number down incase he needs to call me over these next couple of weeks. im hanging on by a thread i think. there were an unusually high number of people returning this year apparently so it made it hard for me

Last edited:

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
i got my letter from the students club guy the other day about paying for social stuff. queries - the o week harbour cruise? informals? what's it all about melby?

AGB

HSC
welshi said:
i got my letter from the students club guy the other day about paying for social stuff. queries - the o week harbour cruise? informals? what's it all about melby?
yeah... and also in that letter i think it said something about paying for o week accommodation.. is that rite? do all first years stay at the college for o week?

TheBear

HSC
Guys,

All frs stay at college for o-week. It is the way everyone gets to know each other and it is one of the best things about college. There are activities organised every night eg. cruises, functions with other colleges, pub crawls etc. and during the day there are some things with other colleges on as well. You will be split into groups of people doing the same or similar courses and have 2 mentors from older years. Make sure you pay promptly for the o-week stuff because you don't want to miss out, or get in the bad books financially either. Hope this answers some of your queries.

welshi

HSC
ok melby (this is going to be so weird when you and me and luke and everyone meet up and start living together, i'll have to call you melby then as well...i can't call u sam), how much stuff should we bring? how much room will we have? what's the deal with the first of march, when we move in? do we get a letter about it telling us that kind of stuff? am i asking too many questions? am i? am i? huh? huh????

berghousemaa

HSC
welshi said:
how much stuff should we bring? how much room will we have? what's the deal with the first of march, when we move in? do we get a letter about it telling us that kind of stuff? am i asking too many questions? am i? am i? huh? huh????
I just got the letter from Paul's telling me basically what I should bring and as I assume both colleges have similiar policies and room sizes I'll quote parts of it.

"4 towels, blankets and bedspread or doona as required, personal crockery (eg coffee mugs, etc), powerboard with overload protection
"In addition a fan, reading lamp and small barfridge (maximum height 1m) may increase a man's comfort.
"large domestic fridges, radiators and double adaptors are not permitted in college
"Rooms are fully frunished. Small items may be brought to college, however large items (eg futons, lounges, large arm chairs) are not acceptable."

Maelbournian, does that mean we can bring in a proper 3 piece stereo system, not those junky mini systems, a real one?

berghousemaa

HSC
Why would you have 7 speakers for music? I've just got the normal 2 speakers, receiver and a cd player system.

berghousemaa

HSC
Fair enough.
You mentioned O-week as being the "best ever", how does it compare with schoolies, I take it there is plenty of drinking, but is it as heavy and do we college people still go to the general o-week stuff.
Heaps of people from my old school are at Paul's and I imagine they'll all want to make initiation as hard as possible

berghousemaa

HSC
melbournian said:
Lots from your old school? So Shore or Canberra Grammar? :D
Cranbrook. There are three going to Paul's from my year, two from the year above, two or three above that and I think the trend continued above that.

Do you know Tom Nolasco from Paul's. He was the captain of the 1st XV when i was in it in yr 11 and I just know he'd want to make my initiation as tough as possible lol.

Last edited:

berghousemaa

HSC
I know 5 this year applied but none of them got the early acceptance so I don't nkow how many are going. I know it's not too many but it's still nice knowing that there will be a fair few people there that I know. It's better than your situation having none.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Hey everyone,

ive been away on holidays.....................and guess what?.................................I GOT IN!!!!!!!!!

Dr Porges called me a week ago and said they had a vacancy and he asked if i wanted the place and i said "yeah of course i do!!!!"

it made the rest of my holiday. i know where ill be living now so im very happy!!! :D

so now melby and welshi will have to put up with me for at least a year hehe :p

oh and btw. with o week fees (?) i havent been told about that yet. i got a calender etc in the mail and thats it. do we pay for o week on our arrival day. and also do they pay for drinks and stuff too. im going to be broke by the end of o week i think. but my parents are going to give me $100 allowance. im getting a job too if i can find one. basically just for spending money and stuff.

Last edited:

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
Templar said:
Congratulations.
thanx.

i really wasnt expecting it. the principle's assistant said it was unlikely id get in this semester (a week before my offer).

im going to have such an awesome year. just hope i can afford all the grog lol

welshi

HSC
melbournian said:
General O-Week stuff is crap. Drews goes to the stalls (to sign up to clubs, sports and socities etc) for a little bit, but thats it.
really? i was reading all the revel stuff that came in the mail today and i want to be around for manning sleepover, bands during the day, lots of the uni stuff. do we get involved in that?

and the other thing - what's the "foundation dinner" thing in the calendar in fri 4th march? do we have to go to that? no way is some shitty dinner making me miss MGF at manning.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
nah i get $100 each week but that covers all my stuff other than grog aswell. i have to budget. i have about $150 bucks atm and will get $50 bucks more for doing gardening

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
welshi said:
and luke dearie, big congratulatory hugs from me. i'll see you in two weeks.
yay. what do you know about college o week? did you get sometihng in the mail i didnt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)