• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Starting HSC work? (2 Viewers)

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Re: Have you started hsc work yet?

Aerath said:
Technically, we learnt a bit of 4U Maths (Polynomials) at the end of Yr 10. But it was just as filler, as we had nothing to do after the School Cert.
Yeah - we did a bit of year 12 work in year 10 as well... same thing... polynomials - but I think it was 3U work.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A

Yeah it's I think you can choose from Logs, Circle Geometry, Polynomials, and one more topic that I can't recall.

Aplus

HSC
N/A

Aerath said:
Technically, we learnt a bit of 4U Maths (Polynomials) at the end of Yr 10. But it was just as filler, as we had nothing to do after the School Cert.
Mathematics is nothing like any other subject. People are going to learn by themselves, at tutoring and with extra materials. I don't think the syllabus or policy can really apply for Mathematics. It's just something that students just learn themselves.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

the-derivative said:
Yeah - we did a bit of year 12 work in year 10 as well... same thing... polynomials - but I think it was 3U work.
Polynomials is part of the year 10 syllabus cause it was in the textbook. Other senior topics in year 10 include Curve Sketching, Circle Geometry and Functions.

SimonLee13

HSC

Started yr 12 eco. My god its huge >.< rougly 350 pages and im up to page 9 currently.

AnandDNA

HSC

im hoping to start with HSC mathematics next week. This week is my relaxation and stress-free week :)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC

jellybelly59 said:
lol chemistry in jacaranda is longer... 436 pgs... >.<"
I had this really awful Chem textbook (Spotlight I think it was called) last year which was over 400 pages, which were larger than A4 size. In Year 11 Chem we used Conquering Chemistry, which was much better.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

ajdlinux said:
I had this really awful Chem textbook (Spotlight I think it was called) last year which was over 400 pages, which were larger than A4 size. In Year 11 Chem we used Conquering Chemistry, which was much better.
Why didn't you repeat Chemistry and get much higher mark this year or something?

I reckon you could have easily got Band 6 if you did it again...same story for your other accelerated subjects.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC

lyounamu said:
Why didn't you repeat Chemistry and get much higher mark this year or something?

I reckon you could have easily got Band 6 if you did it again...same story for your other accelerated subjects.
Probably because he doesn't want to put in the effort - because he doesn't want Chem to count for his UAI.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
We finished the prelim exams a week or so before the end of term so we could do subject finalization and preparation for the year ahead. My school seems to like to look ahead and not waste HSC time mucking around with selection finalization etc. during the first one or two weeks of term four. Good idea really.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC

I'm going to have 5 major works, so ive already started researching, journalling, writing and doing assessments for my ee2 (as i decided this would require the most time) so i can have it finished early, and only have 4 to worry about.

I doubt that will actually happen, but at least i'm trying to start early.

I'm afraid my teacher will take one look and tell me it's a piece of shit, but eh thats the risk im taking!

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
AusBluesMan said:
We finished the prelim exams a week or so before the end of term so we could do subject finalization and preparation for the year ahead. My school seems to like to look ahead and not waste HSC time mucking around with selection finalization etc. during the first one or two weeks of term four. Good idea really.
That's pretty clever of your school. At my school, every department is stuffed except for the English who have experience and prepare us for Year 12.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
That's pretty clever of your school. At my school, every department is stuffed except for the English who have experience and prepare us for Year 12.
All our departments are pretty good in my opinion - except for the religious education department - funny enough. They're really good with organising religious stuff but when it comes to preparing us for exams and stuff - they're our worst department.

Lyly

HSC

OMG 5 major works... :jaw:

Well good luck with them - all I can say is that I'm sure you'll be fine, I can see you've started orgainsng - that's a good sign :p

jellybelly59

HSC

alex.leon said:
I'm going to have 5 major works, so ive already started researching, journalling, writing and doing assessments for my ee2 (as i decided this would require the most time) so i can have it finished early, and only have 4 to worry about.

I'm afraid my teacher will take one look and tell me it's a piece of shit, but eh thats the risk im taking!
hahaha thank goodness i don't have any major works.... too unorganised and lazy... trying to change that but :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

alex.leon said:

OMG 5 major works. I would fail due to my extreme procrastination.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

the-derivative said:
Probably because he doesn't want to put in the effort - because he doesn't want Chem to count for his UAI.
I don't know. I would have repeated a subject if I could do much better...

But meh, that's just me. My mate is repeating Economics this year so he can get 95+ (he got 90 last time) and I think that's bloody smart in his part.

4theHSC

HSC

lyounamu said:
I don't know. I would have repeated a subject if I could do much better...

But meh, that's just me. My mate is repeating Economics this year so he can get 95+ (he got 90 last time) and I think that's bloody smart in his part.
I think thats stupid, because he already got a reasonably good mark, it will be a waste of time and stress to tell you the truth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)