State of Origin Thread (1 Viewer)

who is going to win the state of orgin??

• blues

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • marrons

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Discuss all your origin opinions and rants here. Who's favourite this year? Im looking at the QLD squad and it looks promising.

QLD 22 man squad: Shaun Berrigan, Matt Bowen, Paul Bowman, Tonie Carroll, Petero Civoniceva, Michael Crocker, Chris Flannery, Dallas Johnson, Darren Lockyer, Steven Price, Scott Prince, Ben Ross, Matt Sing, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Jason Smith, Brent Tate, Brad Thorn, Jonathan Thurston, Willie Tonga, Carl Webb, Rhys Wesser.

NSW : Yet to be named

My ideal squads for both sides:

1) A.Minichiello
2) L.Lewis
3) M.Cooper
4) M.King
5) L.Rooney
6) S.Hill
7) B.Kimmorley
8) L.Bailey
9) L.Priddis/Buderus
10) B.Kite
11) C.Fitzgibbon
12) N.Hindmarsh
13) B.Kennedy

Interchange:
14) A.Watmough
15) A.Ryan
16) T.Waterhouse
17) C.Wing

QLD:

1) R.Wesser
2) M.Sing
3) W.Tonga
4) S.Berrigan
5) B.Slater
6) D.Lockyer
7) S.Prince
8) S.Price
9) C.Smith
10) P.Civoniciva
11) M.Crocker
12) C.Webb
13) T.Carroll

Interchange:
14) M.Bowen
15) B.Thorn
16) C.Flannery/J.Smith
17) B.Ross

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
copious said:
Discuss all your origin opinions and rants here. Who's favourite this year? Im looking at the QLD squad and it looks promising.

QLD 22 man squad: Shaun Berrigan, Matt Bowen, Paul Bowman, Tonie Carroll, Petero Civoniceva, Michael Crocker, Chris Flannery, Dallas Johnson, Darren Lockyer, Steven Price, Scott Prince, Ben Ross, Matt Sing, Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Jason Smith, Brent Tate, Brad Thorn, Jonathan Thurston, Willie Tonga, Carl Webb, Rhys Wesser.

NSW : Yet to be named

My ideal squads for both sides:

1) A.Minichiello
2) L.Lewis
3) M.Cooper
4) M.King
5) L.Rooney
6) S.Hill
7) B.Kimmorley
8) L.Bailey
9) L.Priddis/Buderus
10) B.Kite
11) C.Fitzgibbon
12) N.Hindmarsh
13) B.Kennedy

Interchange:
14) A.Watmough
15) A.Ryan
16) T.Waterhouse
17) C.Wing

QLD:

1) R.Wesser
2) M.Sing
3) W.Tonga
4) S.Berrigan
5) B.Slater
6) D.Lockyer
7) S.Prince
8) S.Price
9) C.Smith
10) P.Civoniciva
11) M.Crocker
12) C.Webb
13) T.Carroll

Interchange:
14) M.Bowen
15) B.Thorn
16) C.Flannery/J.Smith
17) B.Ross
QLD does look like a good side, and I think thats the side selectors will pick for QLD, except for Smith cause he retired from rep footy.
As For NSW, who gets picked for the 2nd hooker should be interesting, cause I think Buderus will be first choice. Rooney and Lewis dont look too good so far this year compared to last year, and i'd prefer Barret at 5/8 and Hill at lock

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
ive got box tickets to the sydney game!
i love having rich friends who's parents are life members!

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
I think it'll be close, but on paper it seems that the Maroons have a better side.

But go the Blues!

gna

HSC
copious.......do you go on Whirlpool forums?

HSC
Jason Smith just retired from Rep football tonight .... I like your NSW line-up Copious, Matty Orford is left out of another Origin series again? Clinton Schikofske wouldn't get a look in at fullback?

Who would be the other contenders for the NSW Number 1 jersey?

matt#1

HSC
N/A
That maroons side looks very strong indeed. The bookies have them listed as favourites at this point. NSW will still win though :D

gna

HSC
copious said:
yup, and yes the squad was based on the nrl thread :)
lol you stole my squad =P

me = Cok3 =D

whats your username?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Italian Hotshot said:
Jason Smith just retired from Rep football tonight .... I like your NSW line-up Copious, Matty Orford is left out of another Origin series again? Clinton Schikofske wouldn't get a look in at fullback?

Who would be the other contenders for the NSW Number 1 jersey?
Schikofske got injured didnt he? Whats his status?

I think, Kite definitely needs a start. Barrett, hmm dont think he deserves a spot on the team, not at this point.

Gonna be weird not seeing the running brick wall that is webcke, always loved seeing people bounce off that guy.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
gna said:
lol you stole my squad =P

me = Cok3 =D

whats your username?
same username heh

As with the halfback, I'd love to have Orford but reality is I doubt he'll make it, even if Storm are a top 4 side. Kimmorly didnt have the best anzac test but if he keeps it up with the Sharks he'll be locked in no doubt. QLD have so many fullbacks, Schikofske would be ideal for his kicking however when you have Whesser and Slater at your disposal its hard for him.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
All i can say is the back 5 should be a good lineup no matter who they choose.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
copious said:
same username heh

As with the halfback, I'd love to have Orford but reality is I doubt he'll make it, even if Storm are a top 4 side. Kimmorly didnt have the best anzac test but if he keeps it up with the Sharks he'll be locked in no doubt. QLD have so many fullbacks, Schikofske would be ideal for his kicking however when you have Whesser and Slater at your disposal its hard for him.
as long as he doesnt do stupid kicks on the second tackle :D

m_isk

HSC
N/A
i read that slater wants to be fullback this year...but wesser is not only awesome, but he's in awesome form!! the selectors have a problem...and how about anasta over hill, or poor preston: he's one of the most underrated players today :(

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Based on anasta's current form, i doubt it. He'll probaly be looking more at city vs country, same as preston unfortunately.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Anasta has been playing crappily...he'll be lucky to get a city-country jumper. But I don't know if Hill should get the no. 6 either. I'm finding it hard to pick NSW wingers as well! I don't think Rooney and Lewis should be picked. Lats year it felt more of a "Penrith did well here take a jersey" type thing to me. Maybe if Cooper, Gasnier and King are picked one of them can move to the wing (probably King).

Go the Blues :D.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
cross should be picked ahead of gasnier, he out played him in a losing team on monday. and have been in consistently good form. but neither would make it past those 2 centres.

i agree with rooney, cooper and king for 3 of the backline spots, lewis's spot is till very much up in contention i reckon. another option is to play mini on the wing and have hornby or steward at fullback, but then u would lose one of the greatest assets of the team

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
Anasta hasnt been playin crappily, he's havin 1 of his better seasons imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)