State of Origin Thread (1 Viewer)

who is going to win the state of orgin??

• blues

Votes: 50 74.6%
  • marrons

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
I'll put Barret in, but depends how he goes from now til Origin1. I wouldnt completly forget bout Anasta, see how he goes in City origin and then might consider him as lock

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
hill and barrett would be obvious contenders to pip anasta... i don't think anasta is performing any better than say preston campbell or adma dykes

m_isk

HSC
N/A
hill is one of the most overrated players in the NRL. Orford and slater make him lookl much better than he is.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
well i think slater should get da nod instead of wesser, hes da true over rated player. n i say also that Scott Hill isnt over rated when hes playing wiv Kimmorly since they were together wiv manly(death 2 that club anyway lol :p)

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
If Buderus stays injury free I'd say he'll get picked. I think Luke Priddis should get a go, but if you have Wing in the pack somewhere there's suddenly too many hookers (hehe). I'm predicting a Dragon/Rooster filled team.

I think Thurston should get halfback for Qld. Maybe because the Cowboys have been winning but I think he's outplayed Prince the last few weeks. Still awhile to go though :D.

anton_

revolutionary communist
HSC
i reacon u r smoking weed, cos the bulldogs suck this year... thus the selectors will be overlooking them... it always runs on the fortune of the teams... the top 4 to 5 teams always get well represented in rep footy unless they are wildcards like manly this year! only tinga will prob get in cos cos he is also an international and a superstar in good form...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
buderus if fit should definitely be starting hooker.

it will be priddis vs wing on the bench. wing hasnt been in great form in the beginning of the year while priddis has been great. but priddis only plays hooker and i would not sub buderus for priddis at any moment in the match. wing can cover many positions and is explosive off the bench. he also did his job playing for australia in the last few tests.so despite wing not being at his best i'd stick him on the bench instead of a very unlucky priddis, who'd start if buderus isnt playing. but he's not a bench type player

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
anton_ said:
i reacon u r smoking weed, cos the bulldogs suck this year... thus the selectors will be overlooking them... it always runs on the fortune of the teams... the top 4 to 5 teams always get well represented in rep footy unless they are wildcards like manly this year! only tinga will prob get in cos cos he is also an international and a superstar in good form...
So there are going to be lots of Manly, Cowboys, Raiders and Sharks players? HA. The Bulldogs suck but if O'Meley & Wason were playing they'd be the first picked. What you're thinking are the top 4 to 5 teams are all on the bottom of the table, and it doesn't matter if they stay there, most of their players will get picked. It's stupid and unfair but there will be maybe 5 token selections from the teams that make up the top 8 right now.

Yeah, I guess Priddis isn't really a bench player. Do you reckon if Buderus is fit Priddis will ever get an Origin spot? Because they're around the same age, and they'll probably retire around the same time.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i reckon there will be more cowboys than bulldogs, matty bowen, matt sing, carl webb should make the maroon side.... thurston has a chance too

bulldogs would have tonga and ryan as certainties to be picked(should be anyway) , no other players (not injured) have much of a chance imo... anasta has a very slim one and thats about it.

as for manly, they might have quite a few too...
anthony whatmough have a good chance of amking the bench., ben kenndey should be starting, kite would be in the calculations too.....steven menzies have a pretty slim chance too not much different from anasta

from the sharks, kimmorley will be halfback, other than that, they are just a bunch of pretty solid players who will go through the origin period unscathed and probably very dangerous. i havent watched much of the sharks, is luke covell anything special? he seems to be doing alright.

raiders wont have any picked, cuz their best players... like smiths and schifcoske has better equivalents in queensland, so they might also pickup a few pts during the origin period....

priddis will always have a chance like in the anzac test. its kind of like kimmorley and johns, but i dont think, or at least hope, buderus will be as injury prone as johns

Last edited:

m_isk

HSC
N/A
Tonga is not in good form. Nevertheless, he will be selected. The current system places a greater emphasis on experience rather than form. How many times have you heard the boofheads who run our game say: "yep, he did the job last year.." That's how Tonga got selected for Australia and how he will be selected for Queensland. His class emerges as he consistently rises for the occassion.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well it would be stupid to keep blooding new origin players just because they were in good form. if players have proven that they can perform at origin level and are not having an absolute shocker, they should make the origin side. thats how jamie ainscough kept creeping onto the nsw wing for many years.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
well who could replace tonga? tates injured... bowman, he has experience and has a good defence but i dont think hes better than tonga, flannery isnt a speciallist centre and would be better off the bench - though i doubt he'll make that either, theres no way they can select carrol at centre anymore, hannay? hodges? actually hodges would be good :D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
While Tonga hasnt been scoring, he makes it up in his defense, metres gained and his ability to offload, he's a handy player.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
Yeah, Tonga's a solid player all round (hope I didn't just jinx him). I think Hannay should get a shot too. Hodges IMO has a tendency to crack under pressure. Either way QLD will have a great squad this year...but NSW will still win :D.

When are the City/Country squads annouced?

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
blackfriday said:
well it would be stupid to keep blooding new origin players just because they were in good form. if players have proven that they can perform at origin level and are not having an absolute shocker, they should make the origin side. thats how jamie ainscough kept creeping onto the nsw wing for many years.
and thats why Hodges wont be selected, coz when he played for QLD he had a shocker. Berrigan and Tonga will be the centres coz they've proven they can handle the pressure

Edit: I also should add that I remember Scott Hill not having a good game when he played for NSW

Last edited:

chesseANDbacon

HSC
does ne1 know if state of origin tickets to the NSW game are sold out yet? i wanna go with friends but theyre probably all gone by now- i know that reserve A only have individual tickets left. Is neone actually goin/?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)