State Rankings (1 Viewer)

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
lyounamu said:
yeah but ruse will top the state every single year...it was already 99% given that ruse tops it unless something happened to the school.
Yes, but the thing is, somehow he knew exactly what the other school ranks were (at least the top 5 anyway) BEFORE they were made public. Bobness (an 06er from Ruse) apparently retrieved the information from Quinlan and posted it up on one of the threads, the day before the school rankings were released. Sure enough, he was spot on...

dp624

HSC
Rhanoct said:
cuz their median is 99.40 and they got 6 100s.

ruse ownz mang omgad:jedi: :jedi: :jedi:
and how do you know this?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
Yes, but the thing is, somehow he knew exactly what the other school ranks were (at least the top 5 anyway) BEFORE they were made public. Bobness (an 06er from Ruse) apparently retrieved the information from Quinlan and posted it up on one of the threads. Sure enough, he was spot on...
then i don't know...

that's just weird then..

dp624

HSC
Quinlax is hax. 'nuff said.
lol, he was really good.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
haha, let's just wait till wed :) (though I think those with 100 already know by now)

dp624

HSC
Timothy.Siu said:
so does dp know
no i don't.
plus the stats seem a little low tbh, i was expecting more like 7-9 100s and median of ~.45 to .50

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A
Rhanoct said:
i have a source, my friend.
mate, no-one ever knows your UAI except yourself and UAC

even schools don't get them unless candidates voluntarily disclose

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Enobarbus said:
mate, no-one ever knows your UAI except yourself and UAC

even schools don't get them unless candidates voluntarily disclose
he didn't know the other peoples uai's he just knew the number of 100's and the median

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Just for your information (and also because I'm bored....lol)

http://community.boredofstudies.org/569/general-discussion-2006-hsc/127782/top-schools-2006-a/7.html
The DAY BEFORE the school rankings and UAIs were released...lol (sure enough, it was accurate)

Bobness:
"I just got off the phone (don't ask me why) with Ruse principal Michael Quinlan and the top schools of 2006 are:

1) JRAHS: median uai is a smidgen below 99
2) Hornsby girls: zomg congratz esther
3) Sydney Girls: i did not see that coming. <3 sweetsweetcandy (my fellow clana supporter in the SV threads)
4) Baulkham Hills: yeah pat on the back for me too

That's in terms of the % of students who scored a DA (distinguished achievers) or 10 subjects above 90.

Ruse scored exactly 68 of these this year, which is a drop from the year before. However, supposedly, each school has considerably less because the 2006 hsc was moderated more harshly than the previous 4 years (2001 was the worst, lol). Expect to hear about that soon from the UAC.

And the above results should be published in the daily telegraph tomorrow, it's already in print. SMH does something different which is the % of students who score 90 in each subject taken (i.e. it's more evenly spread, than distinguished achievers) so expect baulko and maybe sghs to maybe jump up that list a bit.

Final thing, the english standard/advanced/esl hsc was marked the hardest this year, as confirmed by the ETA. True story, any band 6s this year were very hard to score"

Anyone able to do get that kind of information before it is released to the public? lol

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
this is really fishy you know. argh.

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
Trebla said:
Just for your information (and also because I'm bored....lol)

http://community.boredofstudies.org/569/general-discussion-2006-hsc/127782/top-schools-2006-a/7.html
The DAY BEFORE the school rankings and UAIs were released...lol (sure enough, it was accurate)

Bobness:
"I just got off the phone (don't ask me why) with Ruse principal Michael Quinlan and the top schools of 2006 are:

1) JRAHS: median uai is a smidgen below 99
2) Hornsby girls: zomg congratz esther
3) Sydney Girls: i did not see that coming. <3 sweetsweetcandy (my fellow clana supporter in the SV threads)
4) Baulkham Hills: yeah pat on the back for me too

That's in terms of the % of students who scored a DA (distinguished achievers) or 10 subjects above 90.

Ruse scored exactly 68 of these this year, which is a drop from the year before. However, supposedly, each school has considerably less because the 2006 hsc was moderated more harshly than the previous 4 years (2001 was the worst, lol). Expect to hear about that soon from the UAC.

And the above results should be published in the daily telegraph tomorrow, it's already in print. SMH does something different which is the % of students who score 90 in each subject taken (i.e. it's more evenly spread, than distinguished achievers) so expect baulko and maybe sghs to maybe jump up that list a bit.

Final thing, the english standard/advanced/esl hsc was marked the hardest this year, as confirmed by the ETA. True story, any band 6s this year were very hard to score"

Anyone able to do get that kind of information before it is released to the public? lol
wow.
why would the Ruse principal tell a student all that anyway?

dp624

HSC
OK, that's it. I'm going to try and get a friend to call the principal and wring her of all the info. I'm not talking to Treskin, argh.
But this deserves attention

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
fallenstar said:
wow.
why would the Ruse principal tell a student all that anyway?
No idea...:confused:
It's quite remarkable how he managed to get hold of that information in the first place.

Another remarkable thing was how they found the top raw mark was 118/120 in Maths Ext2 for 2006, which kinda disproved any speculation that full marks was achieved in 2006 (as Steph got 100 in it)...despite the Board of Studies now refusing to give raw marks...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)