• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Staying a virgin until marriage (guys) (1 Viewer)

RANK 1

HSC
u know that once the human brain has a set idea on something, the more that evidence against that set idea is shown to it, the stronger the brains conviction becomes of that set idea being true becomes

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Again the onus is on you to prove that there is no God.
and I did

with logic

several times

Also you said before that if one made a claim about something then they'd need to prove it. Then by your own "rule" since you are making a claim that God is not real then you'd need to prove it. And this is just going by what you're saying.
yeah dude

and I fucking did
I also refer you back to Fermat's last theorem. It wasn't proved until 1995. Are you saying that before 1995 one could claim that it was false?
Yes, they could if there wasn't logical inference or proof for it. But Fermat gave a case that proved his theorem correct for that case, therefore there was logical proof or inference for it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
u know that once the human brain has a set idea on something, the more that evidence against that set idea is shown to it, the stronger the brains conviction becomes of that set idea being true becomes
This is why I didn't come out for 17.5 years. :/

IamBread

HSC
Well you could start by defining "everything".
Everything, everything in the universe, the universe itself. I don't know how to explain it more then that.

First of all there is "evidence" for Christianity. For example, the bible. So Christianity isn't based on anything without "a single shred of evidence".

I think you've missed my point. People in this thread were saying that Christianity is outright false without providing any justification. I never said that it should be taken as true. All I was saying is that you cannot say that it is false.

It all depends on perspective. A christian would obviously testify that God is real and so forth. But a person against Christianity would say that there is no God. The latter cannot say that without proving conclusively that there is no God.

One thing that's worth noting is that a christian too cannot conclusively prove that there infact is a God. Of course they can believe that there is still one and can be justified through their own personal experiences and this is where faith comes into play.
I wasn't arguing about the validity of Christianity, or whether there was a God, I was arguing that the onus of proof is on the person making the claim.

IamBread

HSC
Again the onus is on you to prove that there is no God.
Can you just stop and think about what you're implying here. You are saying, that we must believe that EVERY different type of god, and EVERY religious belief is FACT until we can prove it isn't? You are saying that everything single idea, theory and belief, is to be assumed as fact until and can be proven wrong. This can create a lot of paradox's. For example:

Person 1: God exists!

Person 2: There is no God!

We now have to take both these statements as fact until one of them is disproved? I don't think it works like that.

RANK 1

HSC
really think about it, dragons are prevalent in pretty much every single civilization and assume that they're extinct and that their bodies evaporate into nothingness the moment they die or that they can go invisible at will and can only be seen through the use of heroin. how do u go about proving that dragons arent real?

inJust

HSC
really think about it, dragons are prevalent in pretty much every single civilization and assume that they're extinct and that their bodies evaporate into nothingness the moment they die or that they can go invisible at will and can only be seen through the use of heroin. how do u go about proving that dragons arent real?
In order to prove dragons don't exist, you have to prove monkey king didn't exist... which I don't really see happening.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
ANYWAY

to contribute to the thread

while it's nice to stay a virgin until marriage

i have recurrent day (and night) dreams that one day, i'll be at some sort of party

and some really hot girl will corner me and beg me for sex and be awfully persistent

and somehow that'll be in a bedroom

and then... i won't be a virgin anymore :(

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
yeah and MLK had a dream that one day his children would not be judged by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character

that aint happening either

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
ANYWAY

to contribute to the thread

while it's nice to stay a virgin until marriage

i have recurrent day (and night) dreams that one day, i'll be at some sort of party

and some really hot girl will corner me and beg me for sex and be awfully persistent

and somehow that'll be in a bedroom

and then... i won't be a virgin anymore :(
LOL why does this post end with a sad face?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)