STAYING OR going (1 Viewer)

jayjay lol

HSC
N/A
Hi fellas, i go to a selective school and am doing advanced english and got 76% in preliminary. however i came to australia 3 years ago from a non-english speaking background and therefore i m entitled to do esl english. so i m thinking about going back to my local comprehensive school now in order to do esl since my school (in fact most selectives) doesnt offer it. im pretty sure i can easily get a high band 6 in esl but have to work a lot harder if staying with advance. i want to study medicine/dentistry in uni but im not sure if esl prepares me for that.

should i leave the school? can anyone please help? i really need to make a decision right now :)

Verify

HSC
Stay in your current school. 76% isn't a bad score at all, from now on work on improving that mark :)

madharris

HSC
N/A
Is there any possibly of doing ESL out of school and staying at your current school?

However 76% is a really good mark, you should consider keeping it! :)

iJimmy

not dead
HSC
N/A
if ur doing 12 units in hsc im pretty sure english wont count? not sure though

jayjay lol

HSC
N/A
Is there any possibly of doing ESL out of school and staying at your current school?

However 76% is a really good mark, you should consider keeping it! :)
i dont think so :( it s only available through correspondence which isnt that ideal for me...

OMGITzJustin

HSC
N/A
I would definitely go back, what's the point in disadvantaging yourself?
99.9% guaranteed you'll do the same in your other subjects, going to a selective school doesnt mean better marks

couple of kids from my school moved to girra, and I ended up doing better than both in a 200+ lower rank school

jayjay lol

HSC
N/A
I would definitely go back, what's the point in disadvantaging yourself?
99.9% guaranteed you'll do the same in your other subjects, going to a selective school doesnt mean better marks

couple of kids from my school moved to girra, and I ended up doing better than both in a 200+ lower rank school
thanks!!!!!!! that really helps!!

rated

HSC
Do they offer Standard English atleast? You could consider Standard English, the modules will be more understandable, however it'll share the same Paper 1 with Advanced.

jayjay lol

HSC
N/A
Do they offer Standard English atleast? You could consider Standard English, the modules will be more understandable, however it'll share the same Paper 1 with Advanced.
they do. however standard scales far worse than esl :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)