Stereotypical Asian Parents (1 Viewer)

William kamel

HSC
I wanna be asian so bad. Then I'll get all the pasty, round faced chicks who only wear chuck taylors.
Please gtfo of my country, trolls like you are obviously not Aussie, coz Aussie don't fucken give a shit about, things that aren't freaken important. GOSH just relax and go for a skate or hit the surf or something mate.

Crestwood's_G

In Elegance
HSC
i dont knwo if myparents are typical.

like, they lecture me but
like they dont push me into studying.
If i do well, they congratulate me
if i dont, they tell me itll be okay and that next time will be easier.

but then when if comes to guys,
they dont really mind if i like someone.
o-o'

my friends are so restricted, and because of their restriction, they're so much wilder than i am.
what like they play mah jong at 12 at night and drink out of their parents favourite most expensive tea set?

HSC
I thought other people might have similar parents since I saw one post saying "Asian parents should be charged with child abuse."

I have ran away before at the spurs of the moments but they catch up to me and pull me back home =\ and if I did, I wouldn't have anywhere to go. I'm too shy to call the police and my mother says if I do, we would be living on bread and carrots.
Wow.
That's... fucked.

lonely-lass

HSC
N/A
Hahaha.... it's almost related to my last blog!

You're saying parents, I feel that every single person here is stereotypical.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
My parents are so not typical it isn't funny =="

I rejected a proposal to James Ruse - my mum was somewhat disappointed but she supported me. My dad was actually happy because i was "going to enjoy what's left of my childhood" in his words XD

They'd like me to get the highest UAI possible, but they aren't forcing me to study/get tutored or anything. I simply ask them when i want to do anything - the only pressure for the HSC comes from myself XD

I listen to rock music, go to concerts and go out with mates - no problems there.

I have spaghetti, lasagne, BBQ, steak + mash for dinner etc. I have noodles about hmm twice a week perhaps but that's only because i like it hehe.
OMG! EXACTLY the same thing here except for the steak and mash and lasagne that is. :)

perkelerakkaus

HSC
N/A
thankfully my parents are pretty chill about school, which is good for me bc i'm a lazy asian. i'm content with my grades but i dont study a lot.
i knew one guy who had a complete mental breakdown and had to take a year off for psychiatric treatment
another girl i knew apparently studies 10 hrs a day in the hols. what the actual fuck
i think it's cruel and selfish to live vicariously through your kids
it's not just asian parents, but any parents who have a controlling agenda for their kids- sports, pageants, music...
they've had it beaten into their heads from a young age that "failing" equals placing shame upon the family
well i don't see the parents stressed and fatigued due to getting tutored for every subject then staying up til 2am studying bc they have to get 100% in an exam
my friend sticks up for her parents saying that they just want her to be financially stable
well i think that's a croc of bs since plenty of people with lower UAIs and tafe qualifications still manage to earn a living
they should just admit they only care about status and prestige by encouraging their kids to only aim for the most life-consuming professions there are
we don't live to work, we work to live.
the mainstream education system is so uninspiring with all the rote learning and narrow choice of subjects
hard work devoid of meaning is just not worth it.

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
My parents used to be so uptight but now they're not bothered arguing with me any more. The HSC is my responsibility and mine alone. If i get a good mark or a mark im happy with my parents will be happy too, but to them my hsc is just bragging rights. When my mum asked me what i wanted to do in uni/i grow up i said psychology, she was like "what? i don't understand what that is, why not become a doctor or lawyer?"

x3Batman

HSC
the top 5 jobs recommended by asian parents
- doctors
- lawyers
- dentists
- accountant
- pharmacist
at least its something like that

- - - - -

my mum gives me a whole lecture about teenage pregnancy
every time she sees me talking to guy o_O

MaryBee

HSC
wow I feel sorry for you CecilyMare :(

& damn I feel bad for those with stereotypical asian parents!
My mum is becoming more understanding since my dad has left etcetc.
(goddam my dad was a traditional-ish asian, kinda glad he i'snt around even though he was NEVER abusive or anything)

My mum supports me to follow my passions.
(since there was mistakes for pushing my older brother to studystudy do this do that course etc.)
And since that was a terrible outcome, I'm lucky I don't have to go through that!

Learning from mistakes.

rundotop

HSC
N/A
- doctors
- lawyers
- dentists
- accountant
- pharmacist

- - - - -

my mum thinks I'm going to get raped by every guy I see, look, or talk to.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
- doctors
- lawyers
- dentists
- accountant
- pharmacist

- - - - -

hey angel. you da sexeh, maybe he a lil cornny maybe he lil bit horrnyy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)