Street racing kills elderly couple (1 Viewer)

jimmayyy

HSC
THREE cars were drag racing when two of them hit another car in Sydney's west, killing an elderly couple, police say.
Two Holden Commodore sedans travelling west on the Great Western Highway hit a Toyota Camry as it was turning into Charles Hackett Drive, St Marys, at about 7pm (AEST) yesterday, police said.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22156495-953,00.html

-------

should be noted that the third car has since been cleared.

i wish the fuckers could hang. i hope they both get charged and convicted of murder and do life. makes me sick that the innocent elderly couple are the ones who pay for these bogans' behaviour. fucking scumbags.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
why the fk would you drag race?? just why? is this to impress your mates? if it is, you got some freaken dumbass fks as friends.

they need to get real tough on drag racing, i suggest 5years behind bars.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
cant believe habib did a burnout at maccas after hitting them. habib is so crazy!!! uleh brah

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
jimmayyy said:
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22156495-953,00.html

-------

should be noted that the third car has since been cleared.

i wish the fuckers could hang. i hope they both get charged and convicted of murder and do life. makes me sick that the innocent elderly couple are the ones who pay for these bogans' behaviour. fucking scumbags.
murder? try manslaughter. Nothing all that wrong with street racing [ok maybe there is, but it isnt that bad] its not like they purposefully went out there to kill people. Imo racing is fun, but if you want to race, do it on a track or at least on private property or an unused road with people at either end looking out[thats not just for safety, its also to keep an eye out for cops]

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Further proof that the elderly are a public hazard and should be locked up away from society. I just hope the poor guy didn't get any dents on his car, they're expensive to fix and it's farken hard to match the paint just right.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Forgive me for failing to realise how easy it would have been to judge the speed of vehicle travelling in excess of 30 Km/h over the speed limit in the opposite direction.

Speed limits exist for a reason, and one of those reasons is to assist in the decision making process when making turns across traffic, and assist the driver in assessing safe distances in relation to oncoming traffic. The tyres of the approaching vehicles blew when braking, such was the speed at which they were travelling. That fact itself reflects the degree of speed that was involved in the incident.

One of the drivers has been charged with two counts of Dangerous Driving occassioning Death, and one of Negligent Driving occassioning Death. The culpability has been rightfully placed upon the actions of the accused, and no person with a right mind would attempt to defend their actions.

Last edited:

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
kols_kebabs said:
Before this gets too heated, I'll just point out that I'm playing the role of devils advocate.

I feel very sorry this has happened, and the speeding drivers are awful people.

I just wanted to raise a point that hasn't been made with all the effigy burning of the street racers, that the deceased weren't perfectly blameless, and the mistake they made, when made in the wrong place at the wrong time, is of the kind that causes far more accidents than speeding.

But in this case, obviously the street racers are responsible, and totally deserve whatever they get. To be honest I have no beef with the deceaseds actions, and just wanted to raise a valid point that the eldery made a mistake, which the media seem to be avoiding mentioning in their haste to lynch the speeders.
stop posting.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
kols_kebabs said:
Why?

I read my own posts and thought "god I sound like a cunt",
Saying that they "were in the wrong place at the wrong time" is simply shifting the blame from the idiots racing to the victims. You're not playing Devil's Advocate at all; the couple who were killed were doing nothing wrong as opposed to the racers who caused the accident who were illegally racing. To be Devil's Advocate you need to show they were doing something wrong, and if being in the wrong place at the wrong time counts as a crime, then we should all be locked up for something becuase we've all been in the wrong place at the wrong time at some stage in our lives. You're effecitvely saying that it's not the fault of the racers who were doing something equal parts illegal and potentially fatal (as they proved).

kloudsurfer

HSC
kols_kebabs said:
the deceased weren't perfectly blameless, and the mistake they made
Wtf? Did I miss the part where they flung themselves in front of the street racers cars?

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
ObjectsInSpace said:
Saying that they "were in the wrong place at the wrong time" is simply shifting the blame from the idiots racing to the victims. You're not playing Devil's Advocate at all; the couple who were killed were doing nothing wrong as opposed to the racers who caused the accident who were illegally racing. To be Devil's Advocate you need to show they were doing something wrong, and if being in the wrong place at the wrong time counts as a crime, then we should all be locked up for something becuase we've all been in the wrong place at the wrong time at some stage in our lives. You're effecitvely saying that it's not the fault of the racers who were doing something equal parts illegal and potentially fatal (as they proved).
Agreed.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
We're not saying you're hated - heck, I'm Public Enemy Number One around here - we're just saying you can't go about shifting the blame for the accident on the innocent victims of it. You were effectively saying that the racers who caused the accident had no responsibility for their actions purely because two people got into the wrong place at the wrong time. If you use that logic, then anyone can get themselves off any crime simply by saying the person they killed, robbed, raped or otherwise was just in the wrong place. It doesn't matter that the guilty person committed the crime; they shouldn't be held responsible for their actions because someone got in their way. That is what we're disagreeing with.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
kols_kebabs said:
Anyone commenting on my comments, should realise that I deleted half a dozen posts from this thread, so all justification for my arguements is gone.

I had a spiritual crisis, realised I sounded like a douche in this thread, deleted all my comments from this thread, and requested my account deleted (which is taking way too long). I've realised what I have to say is of no importance or use to anyone.

Thanks jb_nc. You made me realise what a pretencious cunt I was becoming. I quit BOS because of your minor comment.

I would advise all future Bosers, who realise they're retarded/hated, to follow my example and fuck off.

This comment may be semi-drunk/high. But no less valid for it.
pussy

lengy

HSC
They were taking too long to cross the road. There are way too many senior citizens in this country as it is. What's the death of a couple of old folk mean anyway? They are dragging out economy down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)