• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Student Activity Fees... (1 Viewer)

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Hahah. Go get the Bureacracy:

"Excuse me, I've come to blow up at the fact that I haven't got a semester two inv-"
"Right. Fill this form out. Remember to sign and get approved sections A4, A8, B9, and F23.893.A82.B, which refers to abuse of any random memebr of staff. Please make sure all sections are completed, photocopied, and verified by a JP with the last name starting with "Y"."
dude theyd prolly think im a terrorist if i gave them that line...
either way i called them and i was like... please send me another one...
didnt want to blow up since it was prolly the unis fault and not theirs

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
choco said:
i just rang up student services and they said that we have to pay by 29th july, she said that they have posted the invoices, we should have gotten it and if you don't have one you can come to casheir and they'll print one for you..but yeah its $178 SAF and the reference number is the student ID, ..

if i want to do a bpay then what other info do i need?
you also need the number to call to bpay... and im sure you need another number before the student id... like some macquarie number

flyin' said:
What do you expect? At least everyone here has no excuse.
that wasnt my point... my point was that for the people who said it was due 29th this month its wrong cuz on the site it says august something...

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
macquarie...the innovative university :D

*hopeful*

HSC
hahah this a joke
im also another that didnt get the invoice.....the trend i noticed wuz that all 1st yrs got it and the 2nd yrs didnt

if we go in, then we dont need a invoice, rite ?

Last edited:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I havent got anything from them either, which is odd... Maybe someone could try pleading ignorance and say that they thought voluntary student unionism was introduced over the hols? ;)

Just call them for their BPay details... OJ is right- there is some ID you need from MQ. Its much easier doing it that way then lining up for 3 hours. Learnt that the hard way.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ive asked for them to send me my invoice again... ill post up the details for bpay when i get em

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hang on some of u guys didnt get invoices?! I got 2 invoices for some reason...and theyre both exactly identical

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
the bpay details are as follows...
reference number is our student number and the biller code is 50443 thats all you need..

GoodToGo

HSC
N/A
chocolate_chip said:
Hey are union fees compulsory. My brother goes to UNSW and he doesnt have to pay any union fees this semester.
I'd double check that if I were your brother... Is he studying as a distance student? ADFA?

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
chocolate_chip said:
Hey are union fees compulsory. My brother goes to UNSW and he doesnt have to pay any union fees this semester.
USyd and UNSW pay all of theirs at the start of the year.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
you can pay all ur student fees at once at mq too...thats what I did in feb/march...
I still dont know how that money directly benefits me though...

bex

HSC
student fees go to the running of your uni's student facilities... without them there wouldnt be any student media, bar, student building, no conception day, market days, bands etc

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i think all of the money goes to student services, libarians and CONCEPTION DAY

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Supra said:
you can pay all ur student fees at once at mq too...thats what I did in feb/march...
I still dont know how that money directly benefits me though...
Most of it doesn't, it goes to corrupt student politicians who funnel it to the PLO.

X

xeuyrawp

Orange Juice said:
i think all of the money goes to student services, libarians and CONCEPTION DAY
Student activity fees have NOTHING to do with the university itself. Yes, conception day would be (partly) funded by them, but most of the money goes to the operation of SAM, which is in turn invested in shops and staff. Hence SAM is funded by us buying food there, really. Your fees are 178 a sem, but a lot of people would spend more money than that in the food court alone.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
CrashOveride said:
These fees should be optional.
and if that was the case ppl who decide not to pay shouldnt be allowed to use the facilities that get funding from these fees

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)