"Student challenges ruling on her HSC" (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Lol, who would complain with a mark like that ..... People these days

astroman

HSC
Re: (Old news just found) Someone please explain her logic.

probs though 100 was highest :haha:

emilios

HSC

i think she cops more flak than she deserves, if she really did have the wrist problems she claimed to (doubtful though).

it's not about the mark, it's about the principle. so are we not granting students the provisions they need just because they're high performing students? where do we draw the line? would a student that got 99.00 look silly demanding provisions for a disability? what about someone who got 90.00?

point is that the appeal is independent of her marks, the journalists are just spinning it like she's some ungrateful punk so everyone gets riled up and it's working lol.

granted, if it had been me, i would've dropped the appeal like an ugly baby upon seeing that 99.95. opportunity cost yo

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

it's not about the mark, it's about the principle. so are we not granting students the provisions they need just because they're high performing students?
she did get the provisions needed you dumb idiot

she's just having a sook because she didn't get everything her own way

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

i think she cops more flak than she deserves, if she really did have the wrist problems she claimed to (doubtful though).

it's not about the mark, it's about the principle. so are we not granting students the provisions they need just because they're high performing students? where do we draw the line? would a student that got 99.00 look silly demanding provisions for a disability? what about someone who got 90.00?

point is that the appeal is independent of her marks, the journalists are just spinning it like she's some ungrateful punk so everyone gets riled up and it's working lol.

granted, if it had been me, i would've dropped the appeal like an ugly baby upon seeing that 99.95. opportunity cost yo
she *did* get provisions, she's just whinging about not getting the exact ones she wanted

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

Guys its easy to lash out at her, but just consider this: if you get 99.95, will you really waste your precious time writing complaints to BOSTES when alternatively you could be basking in glory?
No but I'm also not a neurotic asian nerd.

Yeah, she did get provisions. But maybe they weren't ideal?

The simple fact is that its really less fair for people to have to undertake assessments which they may not be able to perform to their potential in, as opposed to getting the provisions which will help them reach their potential. For example, is it fair for someone with a hearing impairment to have to do a listening task and compete with other people who have perfect hearing abilities? I don't think so. And just imagine that task being worth, say, 20%-- and a few marks needlessly lost here could be the difference between that person getting a state rank in French or whatever subject the task was in.
that's not remotely comparable to this situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)