Student Elections / Elections / General BS (1 Viewer)

locu64

HSC
N/A
Why the fuck does UNSW have all these stupid elections? I like to consider myself a cultured and accepting person, but what's with all these faggots hounding me with pamphlets while I try to walk to enter the uni/walk to class. Why should I have to put up with this shit from people who act less sincere then the scientologists in the city? At least they don’t make smart ass comments if you walk by ignoring them. I’m sick of all these egocentric people fucking up my day trying to bring me into some insignificant political bullshit, where I don’t even know the candidates so how am I supposed to vote? What do I get? I thought it was bad enough when I went to vote in the council elections and all the propaganda that was shoved into my face then was bad...

Think of the environment you people, you know that only your friends will vote for you and the rest of the people won’t even bother voting because it doesn’t matter.

To me, university is a place to learn and get away from politics (except for those doing political science, enjoy your time at your local centrelink office) and actually concentrate on learning.

ALSO CBS people please die too, just because you're running out of cash and are below budget doesn’t give you excuse to fuck over other peoples stuff on bulletin boards.

That's how it is, I'm alan jones.

- LOCU

meshy

I don't like how CBS and CSE Review (and others) put their posters over all the other small accomodation offers etc. They literally cover the whole board with their stuff.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If they abuse you or make remarks if you refuse a flyer/walk off, tell them (loudly) to "go fuck themselves" and threaten to call campus security for harrassment

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
why is everyone dissing the guild elections?

u come to uni coupla hundred days a yr.. and u dont have the tolerance to take 5mins to actually learn a bit more abt ppl who are genuinely out there to make a difference because they think they can and who genuinely believe in making uni a better place for us all...

why are u so intolerant of ppl who are campaigning to put a stop to the 30percent increase to hecs.. which ur gona be the one paying... why are u so intolerant of ppl who wants to put a stop to increases in ur union fees... why so intolerant of ppl who wants establish more accessible and stronger representation for indigenous and international students who would not otherwise have an avenue to pursue their grievances otherwise?

why cant u take 5min to think abt the uni whom u are a part of?

fuck these ppl piss me off... why do they think they are the only ppl who are important in this world... like they cant spare 5mins just to hear out ppl who are genuine abt improving this wonderful uni we are all a part of...

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
look dude... most of these ppl whom u call faggots arent even running for a position... they out there taking abuse and rejections because they are passionate abt their causes... and ur sitting on ur fatass saying im so important i cant even spare 5mins of my time to hear them out... u r the bloody faggot u idiot

stamos

sellout
HSC
call me a cynic, but i think all they're passionate about is getting shit on their CV

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
stamos said:
call me a cynic, but i think all they're passionate about is getting shit on their CV
im not gona be stupid and say no to that... yes... some of them are no doubt out there because they want an extra line on their cv...
these ppl are likely to be the "supposedly independent tickets - non politically aligned" like the one vision is running this yr...

but some of them are not out there for their cv... they're out there because they genuinely care abt what they're doing... so the least u can do is hear them out...

otherwise in a coupla yr's time when ur paying thousands of dollars extra for ur hecs... think back and rmb the time u walked past thinking those ppl who are handing u these flyers are faggots... and u will regret it...

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
rukawasan said:
u r the bloody faggot u idiot
u certainly got the homosexual unsw student vote right there

oh and i saw a "power" campaigner tear off some flyers from one of those notice boards that wer obscuring only ONE of the fifty or so sheets that had the "power" candidate on it. there were like 6 of the same sheet right next to it on the board that were visible.

if thats the kind of tactic you people stand for, then we're all fucked

and the fact taht the sheet said "___ for Prez"

im not voting for someone who has Prez on his campaign sheets

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
Nick said:
u certainly got the homosexual unsw student vote right there

oh and i saw a "power" campaigner tear off some flyers from one of those notice boards that wer obscuring only ONE of the fifty or so sheets that had the "power" candidate on it. there were like 6 of the same sheet right next to it on the board that were visible.

if thats the kind of tactic you people stand for, then we're all fucked

and the fact taht the sheet said "___ for Prez"

im not voting for someone who has Prez on his campaign sheets
whoever did that i apologise for it... that is rude

however if u look closely... u'll see that the only posters we poster over are events that have already happened, and in terms of advertisment of rent and sale, etc, we remove them and stick them up somewhere else on the board... we dont tear them off or poster over them like vision does...

i also apologise for use of the word "faggot"... i only used it because the guy who started this slandering thread used it... in fact... the unsw queer collective is campaigning for power in the guild election...

Last edited:

asdf

HSC
The flyers you guys hand out go straight to the bin. What a waste of trees. :(

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
asdf said:
The flyers you guys hand out go straight to the bin. What a waste of trees. :(
it takes us a loooooooong time to make the flyers and alot of abuse to get it into ur hands... if u actually take 2mins and read the flyer then it wouldnt be a waste of trees would it?

asdf

HSC
You can atleast have the backside of it blank. That way, we can use it as scrap/working out paper (seriously). Everyones happy then.

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
asdf said:
You can atleast have the backside of it blank. That way, we can use it as scrap/working out paper (seriously). Everyones happy then.
now you're thinking outside the square

the people handing out the flyers should at least tell you something about it

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
asdf said:
bcos unlike the vision flyer... we want to let u know abt our policies... we are proud of our policies and we want let u know what we are going to do if we are elected into office... we believe in an open and accountable guild which is why we are explicitly stating our policies so that we will be held accountable if we do not abide by our words...

oh thats this week... last week was just handing out flyers... and bcos theres so many ppl... its beter just to hand out flyers so everyone knows who we are... and hopefully if they read the flyer they know what we stand for...

if u want one of us to talk to you more in detail abt our policies... ur more than welcome to approach any one of us... we'll be more than glad to tell u...

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
i think if a person refuses a flyer, it hsouldnt be repeatedly shoved in their face. if a person refuses to talk to you, then simply leave them alone\

edit: i guess its like the amnesty people at central station. they are doing it for a good cause, but 95% of the people simply just cant be bothered listening/doing what they want us to do

Last edited:

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
Exeter said:
i think if a person refuses a flyer, it hsouldnt be repeatedly shoved in their face. if a person refuses to talk to you, then simply leave them alone
brian what party should i vote for o wise unsw guru

asdf

HSC
Exeter said:
i think if a person refuses a flyer, it hsouldnt be repeatedly shoved in their face. if a person refuses to talk to you, then simply leave them alone
yeh that should be one of your policies.
:eek:

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
asdf said:
yeh that should be one of your policies.
:eek:
thats true... i agree we're prolly a bit persistent sometimes... but i guess we have to be persistent... otherwise too many ppl'll just ignore u...

i think its not too much trouble to spare 2-3mins to just hear what we have to say...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)