Student Walkout - Sept 5th (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

benilic

HSC
I have to say for a thread this has become rather stupid.

George Bush is the leader of the most influencial country in the world. Now having said that you can like him or hate him for his policies, you can feel you need to protest or worship, whatever the case we as Australians have the right to do so.

Those who believe that protesting will achieve something have the full right to that opinion and to inact upon it. For those who view protesting as a waste of time, granted, but you yourselves are forming a basis for protesting. not against bush but in this case against band wagons, politcal hippes, free loaders, day of schoolers, whatever you like to call them. So have your opinions and voice your issues but keep in check.

Action for actions sake is still progress, but hypocracy is a detriment of society. whether something is achieved is not a measure of whether or not it is important... social conciousness has a way or rearing its head in many ways.

take your stance, accept or dont accept others but realise that you are just one view... not a million.

Evilo

HSC
We had an anti war protest thing in my year 12 - people walked out of class and went to protest down in sydney. It was pretty lame because those people were drop-outs and had to show up to school to walk out again. Stay at school - a student protest is lame. Especially over crappy politics - my 2 cents

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
Anyone pro-bush here? Or anyone sympathetic to his causes?

curious

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I agree with some of what he does, though broadly disagree with his foreign policy.

K

katie_tully

I'm not "pro-bush", I'm just not "I HATE TEH AMERICAS BECAUSE EVERYBODY STARVES UNDER CAPITALISM" and such.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Triangulum said:
Blocking off the city is not about getting rid of the right to protest. You'll notice that the police are allowing protests. The blocking off of the city is about preventing high-profile, democratically elected leaders of key Australian allies from being harmed or threatened.
*preventing high-profile leaders of key Australian allies from viewing said protests.

Not all APEC countries are democratic. Brunei, China, Thailand, and Vietnam are not democracies. Thailand may be one soon, but not yet.

iamsickofyear12 said:
Anyone who protests at APEC is an idiot. I will be watching the news and laughing at all the morons who get belted by the police and arrested.
I always laugh at these "anyone who <insert action here> is an idiot" remarks. I always wonder whether the person saying it is trying to reword the phrase "the world would be better off if everybody thought like me."

wuddie said:
let's just dessert his puny pale ass and leave sydney for a day or something, so he knows no one gives a fk that he's actually here.
That's actually an interesting idea. Leave them alone and let the world know that we don't give a shit about their shitty leaders. We're too busy wondering whether or not it's time to change our own.

Protesting isn't my thing, my form of campaigning for things goes as far as writing to my local member and writing to the minister responsible. If I'm lucky, I'll get a reply. If I'm not, I'll be denied.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I wrote a letter to my local member once, and recieved no reply. It made me very angry. So angry, that I'm going to take it out on miscellaneous officers of the law in riot form.

mountainman

HSC
now I'm 17 and still at school, so probably shouldn't be saying this but Fuck me dead teenagers and students are as a rule fucking morons. Most of you that are going to be protesting have nfi what Bush has done, you probably think you do, but the fact of the matter is you have seen 10 minutes on the news and think you're some ultra sofisticated left- wing protester doing something "Way out there man". I may be but a simple person, but I still can't see why the bad guy is the one that over threw an evil dictator and is pouring god knows how much money into some shit box waste of space of a country to try to make it a habitable place, while the good guys just blow them selves up and are hell bent on destroying western society and anyone who doesn't wear rags on their head. I mean, no war is good, but some things have to done. Its us or them, and I know who I'd rather go.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
mountainman said:
now I'm 17 and still at school, so probably shouldn't be saying this but Fuck me dead teenagers and students are as a rule fucking morons. Most of you that are going to be protesting have nfi what Bush has done, you probably think you do, but the fact of the matter is you have seen 10 minutes on the news and think you're some ultra sofisticated left- wing protester doing something "Way out there man". I may be but a simple person, but I still can't see why the bad guy is the one that over threw an evil dictator and is pouring god knows how much money into some shit box waste of space of a country to try to make it a habitable place, while the good guys just blow them selves up and are hell bent on destroying western society and anyone who doesn't wear rags on their head. I mean, no war is good, but some things have to done. Its us or them, and I know who I'd rather go.
So you're telling me if I were to walk into your house, tell you I was repossessing it for the betterment of your family when all I really wanted was a property to my name, you would feel no anger?

His basis for invasion was "WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY HAVE LOL, NOW I CAN'T GO TO SLEEP". Everyone's entitled to an opinion no matter how stupid it is, and I'd like to think i'm not left wing, nor am I a rabid Bush supporter, in fact I strongly dislike the guy. What he did was plain stupid, lying to his own country for oil, and I'm not too sure how anyone could defend that. Maybe you could also explain how the invasion of a country with little political affiliation with America is one of some things that have to be done.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Doubt it's a troll, just a complete moron. I e-beat his ass up once, and he disappeared from the forums for a while.

lol Armidale. Must be inbred.

PrinceHarry

HSC
N/A
CharlieB said:

curious
I am pro-Bush and I hope the next President will be like Bush with progressive and aggressive foreign policy with zero tolerance on leftist hippies and muslim terrorists.:bomb:

gsfjgnslkjgbsdl

HSC
Guys STOP!

all of you talking about the fence the water cannon the police gaols being cleared out WHATEVER! IT DOESNT MATTER!!!!!!

none of this has a thing to do with the protests or the APEC summit

how about instead of focusing on the hyped up bs about the fence the cleared prisons etc you actually take a second to consider what it is were protesting for!!!!

its not to stick it to the cops or whatever or to start a riot

its to show howard and bush that we are opposed ot the war, his stance on climate change and his attacks on civil liberties!

THIS PROTEST SO CLOSE TO THE ELECTION HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRING HOWARD TO HIS KNEES

protestors arnt a violoent threat they are a POLITICAL THREAT and that is why the govt is going to such lengths to discredit them (interestingly check out this http://prorev.com/2007/08/canadian-police-admit-provocateurs-were.htm) and the lazy media just focuses on all this sensationalist garbage (Water cannon FENCE CLEARED OUT CELLS! etc) instead of actually pointeing out what hte protests are about!

hands up here who actually knows what the apec summit is about? and no its nothing to do with fences water cannons snipers on rooftops

who know what the protests are about? and no its not rioting and activists are no just a bunge of "Ferals" nor are they the same people the rioted at cronulla

i suggest we stop with the

"i hope all these protesting hippies die" and the "im gonna smash that fucking fence" and actually discuss what this protest is about!

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
gsfjgnslkjgbsdl said:
THIS PROTEST SO CLOSE TO THE ELECTION HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BRING HOWARD TO HIS KNEES
No it doesn't

It can't influence the outcome of the Federal Election at all

Like think about what you just said for a second there, do you really think some middle aged, middle class people in some marginal seat are going to change their vote because anarchists destroy public property during APEC? :D

EDIT: Not that I'm not uncomfortable with the whole civil liberties being trampled on thing myself, though.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lolz. stupidest protest ever. i would predict that a large percentage of those protesting don't actually know what they're protesting for, further than 'howard and bush are bad!'. They merely want to be part of a protest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)