Studies of Religion 1 or PDHPE please help (1 Viewer)

pooja_kaushal

HSC
N/A
IM GOING into YR 11 my definite subjects are:
-2 unit maths
-standard English
-biology
-business studies
-chemistry
-SOR 1 or PDHPE

For my last subject I wanted to do studies of religion 2 but they aren't offering it at school so i was thinking of picking studies of religion 1 (since that's offered at school) and photography which I will drop in yr12 or i was thinking that ill just do PDHPE but then people are saying that its hard to get a good mark, so I'm not sure, please help me quickly I really need that one subject that could balance out all my subjects and is easy/fun and it will boost my atar in yr12.

Then my science teacher told me to do PDHPE as it will help with biology but then people say its hard, when i just want to do one more easy subject and then on the otherside i want to learn more about religion, so I'm really confused. I also heard SOR 1 scales higher and is easier than PDHPE is it true? Do you guys know the average HSC mark for both of these subjects?

Thanks

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What field are you thinking of going into?
Do you enjoy PDHPE?

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Also think about doing Advanced English, as the aligning is a lot better then Standard English, with similar level of difficulty.

Flop21

HSC
How does PDHPE help with biology...?

Chris_S

HSC
Well I do PDHPE and biology and there is some common links including epidemiology and both talk about anatomy e.g. PDHPE in year 11 but doesn't link with the anatomy in communication. Therefore, apart from epidemiology doesn't really help with biology

Chris_S

HSC
Do something you will enjoy and if you want to drop it in year 12 SLR or photography might be a go as they won't affect your other subjects and are relatively enjoyable and laid back

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
And difficulty of subjects can be very subjective, my so called "hardest" subject, was the one I found easiest and didn't do much study for at all...The one that over 2/3rds of that subject cohort dropped.

pooja_kaushal

HSC
N/A
But I also need a backup unit in case I do bad in one of the subjects which would be better sor1 or pdhpe and if youve done pdhpe for hsc how did u find it or if u did sor 1 how was that?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)