Study Plan Discussion for Year 12 Course (1 Viewer)

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
With Year 12 coming next week, how are you guys thinking of handling all the content?
I'm thinking of doing at least 45 minutes per subject a day and then maybe an hour or so per subject as school really begins to kick in.

Not sure if this is a good idea - it seems petty but I know it's going to be pretty hard to keep it up consistently.

Post your plan/commitments below and share your ideas.

Last edited:

Capo

HSC
Re: Study plans for Year 12 course

You might burnout pretty early if you study 7 hours a day until the HSC :L

I reckon 3-4 hours a day should be enough, as long as you are consistent.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Well I'm going to attempt to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC

You might burnout pretty early if you study 7 hours a day until the HSC :L

I reckon 3-4 hours a day should be enough, as long as you are consistent.
Yeah I think you are right... The thing is I don't want to end up realising I haven't put in my best for the HSC :/. The problem however as you said would be overcompensating and burning out before it even gets to January haha.

Well I'm going to attempt to get at least 7 hours of sleep a night
Haha and what would you be doing the 8 hours you get home from a school day :)

bouffant

HSC
N/A

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Well sport takes up a couple of afternoons a week :p

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC

Well sport takes up a couple of afternoons a week :p
Haha do you even study? Lol jokes. For fitness I've sacrificed sport for just gym-ing. Saves so much time.

bluecrisps

HSC

I'm aiming to write my own study notes every day and revising with friends in group studies weekly

chardy2651

HSC

ill be doing 3/4 hours a day doing hw in free periods and study and assessments at night because they are more important and get my hw out of the way so i have more time to study at home to get better results.Each night spending 30-45 min for each sub i need work on.eg
maths 45min,business studies 30min,economics 30 min my main most important and most content subjects and spend little time on geography mostly math

writing notes from the syllabus and textbook everday so im ready to hit the exams and well prepared

do you guys think this is a good plan for term 1?

what are your plans?

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC

I'm aiming to write my own study notes every day and revising with friends in group studies weekly
Good on you, good luck with the dedication. You're lucky to have friends who want to do weekly revision together. My friends are definitely not down for anything like that.

ill be doing 3/4 hours a day doing hw in free periods and study and assessments at night because they are more important and get my hw out of the way so i have more time to study at home to get better results.Each night spending 30-45 min for each sub i need work on.eg
maths 45min,business studies 30min,economics 30 min my main most important and most content subjects and spend little time on geography mostly math

writing notes from the syllabus and textbook everday so im ready to hit the exams and well prepared

what are your plans?
Very good, but do you really have 3/4 hours of free period at school? :0. Definitely a good idea to write notes from syllabus. I planned to do the exact same kind of studying however, I'm worried about burning out.

Is it worth it to overcompensate and risk burning out or to not do as much and risk being unprepared for the exams... Hmm...

bluecrisps

HSC

yea this is sorta what im doing too cept for me it'd be like 2 hr maths 1 hr chem 1 hr business 30 mins english

what are your plans?

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC

yea this is sorta what im doing too cept for me it'd be like 2 hr maths 1 hr chem 1 hr business 30 mins english
Quite an intensive plan, you worried about overworking and getting demotivated after the first term?

chardy2651

HSC

how about my post?

opinions please?

chardy2651

HSC

oh sorry u did me i mean 3/4 during each day 1 hr at school with a free period and 3 hrs at home at night

chardy2651

HSC

how many units are you guys doing for hsc?

im doing 12

lets see which is most popular,people pop your units down

cheers

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC

oh sorry u did me i mean 3/4 during each day 1 hr at school with a free period and 3 hrs at home at night
Haha lol, that's fine. That's a really good idea, I'm planning to do that as well. Whenever I have a free between lessons I'm going to finish homework.
But yeah, aren't you concerned about getting demotivated?

Majorie

HSC
N/A
your iudea is pretty good only but should have sleep of 7 hours daily. Learn one or two subject a day.

chardy2651

HSC

4 hours of work you wont burnout its like if you like 6 everyday

chardy2651

HSC

i will see how i go with the work just dont work too hard at the beginning to get demotivated or burnout 3/4 a day of extra work is good if you can do it if not do 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)