Study Plan Discussion for Year 12 Course (1 Viewer)

ataratar

HSC
Guys, 3-4 hours is more than adequate per night during normal periods.

My main advice would be
-get your assignments over and done with asap
-it isn't about studying 10 hrs the day about the exam, it's about studying consistently.
-Do your creative AOS essay during the xmas holidays, you won't regret this
-keep upto date with notes, the further you let it go the less likely you'll ever catch up
-do past papers throughout the year, not just before the exam. Once you finish a topic do some questions to consolidate your knowledge

Goodluck to all, remember the hsc isn't the end of the world though
Thankyou! This was really helpful :)

baslan

HSC
your iudea is pretty good only but should have sleep of 7 hours daily. Learn one or two subject a day.
yea i agree, instead of trying to cram all the subjects into one night, spread yourself so your only doing 2 subjects a day- given that you dont have homework from the others. :)

Morumot

HSC
If you finish every past paper for a subject (let's say 4 unit maths), what kind of mark can you expect to get if you're at an average skill level and the exam is reasonable?

bluecrisps

HSC
If you finish every past paper for a subject (let's say 4 unit maths), what kind of mark can you expect to get if you're at an average skill level and the exam is reasonable?
depends if you're doing it right and looking at sample answers/guidelines/methods to set it out properly and work on your weaknesses then you can reach for the skies

enoilgam

HSC
It isnt really that simple - it depends on so many more factors really. To be honest though, I think a person of true "average" ability in maths would struggle to get above 80 for something like 4 unit even with a very strong effort (even if they did, it would probably come at the cost of everything else).

Makematics

HSC
Another thing is motivation. You gotta get yourself some motivation, as by the end of the course you are required to revise (repeat) concepts, and sometimes this will get EXTREMELY boring.

ZonedOut

Bing bang diggiriggidong
HSC
It isnt really that simple - it depends on so many more factors really. To be honest though, I think a person of true "average" ability in maths would struggle to get above 80 for something like 4 unit even with a very strong effort (even if they did, it would probably come at the cost of everything else).
I agree with this completely.

Another thing is motivation. You gotta get yourself some motivation, as by the end of the course you are required to revise (repeat) concepts, and sometimes this will get EXTREMELY boring.
You make a really good point, I'm so thankful for all these 2013'rs giving us tips from experience. Any tips for consistent and motivated study?

Makematics

HSC
You make a really good point, I'm so thankful for all these 2013'rs giving us tips from experience. Any tips for consistent and motivated study?
No worries :) hmmm, i think someone said it before, but for consistency, youve got to put in a few hours EACH day, rather than cramming before exams, to let your brain absorb more :)
As for motivation, i guess its a good idea for you to set goals. Although competing against other people can often be great motivation, many say that you should 'seek to better yourself'. Other motivators could include reaching your desired atar to get into uni :)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Does anyone here also have concentration problems? Like I'd find myself writing notes and then somehow drift onto social media after 10 minutes :x really hoping to rectify this before year 12 starts (which is tomorrow LOL)

nexusbrah

Harvey Specter of IB
HSC
Does anyone here also have concentration problems? Like I'd find myself writing notes and then somehow drift onto social media after 10 minutes :x really hoping to rectify this before year 12 starts (which is tomorrow LOL)
Yup.

I started taking B12 tablets to help with concentration. As I don't get much red meat in my diet lol.

iEatOysters

HSC
That is also my problem. I'm planning on using ColdTurkey or something like that when I'm making notes/studying.

ataratar

HSC
^ yea same i always seem to end up on instagram after not too long :(

macrazy

HSC
There's some pretty good apps you can use to stop this if you use firefox or chrome. They let yoy type in a list of websites and you can set like a certain amount of time per day you can use them for, set specific times you can use them or block them for a set amount of minutes so you can't use them :) I cant remember exactly what all of them are called but one's leechblocker if you want to have a look :)

goobypls

HSC
Is anyone keeping any of their stuff from year 11? I have a whole lot of papers that I didn't organise properly and I kinda want to start fresh. Wondering if this is a good idea.

My subjects are:

General Maths
Advanced English
Economics
Business Studies
Modern History
Biology
SOR 1

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Is anyone keeping any of their stuff from year 11? I have a whole lot of papers that I didn't organise properly and I kinda want to start fresh. Wondering if this is a good idea.
I went through all of my notes quite thoroughly and did a cull of everything I knew I wouldn't need so it would be easier to access the things I do. For example, I know I won't be doing Civil Rights in modern again so I threw out all of my notes on that.

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
There's some pretty good apps you can use to stop this if you use firefox or chrome. They let yoy type in a list of websites and you can set like a certain amount of time per day you can use them for, set specific times you can use them or block them for a set amount of minutes so you can't use them :) I cant remember exactly what all of them are called but one's leechblocker if you want to have a look :)
Thanks for that! I think I'll be using that soon. Gotta get off Facebook hahaha

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC

My subjects are:

General Maths
Advanced English
Economics
Business Studies
Modern History
Biology
SOR 1
I filed everything away. I don't think I'll be needing most the stuff from year 11 but it's probably good to go over where you went badly. I think I might use my year 11 stuff as as a pick me up if I feel down, and look at it and think about the massive improvements I've made :p

But definitely start fresh because a lot of the content from prelim doesn't apply to HSC :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)