Study Plan Discussion for Year 12 Course (1 Viewer)

sheep90

HSC
I'll be doing about 2 hours each night hopefully, until the workload gets heavier
for most of my subjects this seems like a good amount to get started with

and how are you planning to study for english each night?
for my other subjects I'm fine but I'm stumped for what to actually do for advanced english

habibi213

HSC
How hard will it be to get a 90+ atar for these subjects i.e., how hard do I have to work to get that 90? (3 - 4 hours a day is ideal?)
Chemistry
Physics
2U and 3U Maths
Standard English
Business studies
Are these subjects a bad choice of subjects in terms of getting a high atar? I'm feeling like they're decent enough to get that golden first digit to be a 9.

Essay Questions

HSC
Simple solution that worked for me. Work in the library. Don't bring a friend with you or any earphones to eliminate all distractions and you'll be amazed in what you can do in 2 hours.

Haruka

HSC
2 hours at my local library after school once a day. I want to do 3, but have to be home by 6 and can't study at home since there are too many distractions. #harukaneedsasianparents

KatrinaHerondale

HSC
So it's October now... how much study are we talking during Christmas holidays?? :(
How many hours per day and perhaps alternating work/no work/work days?:uhoh:

SuchSmallHands

HSC
So it's October now... how much study are we talking during Christmas holidays?? :(
Not planning on doing much as I'll be overseas, just revision on anything I struggled with.

Haruka

HSC
I'll probably spend all the time on the big things - performances for Music and my individual project for Drama, and maybe read through the prescribed texts, possibly for the second time so I can really get a good understanding.

oskarwithak

HSC
You people are scary. With 14U I do my homework, and might consolidate my notes on my laptop when I have the time.

I don't sit down and formally study. I don't have the time, nor the energy for such an endeavour.

If you focus in school and become 20% more productive, then that eliminates study time where little is achieved because of fatigue.

The only way to really succeed is to do subjects you love. It will make you effortlessly better at what you do.

Best of luck.

j12onuzim

HSC
Hopefully write notes beforehand and 3 hours a day e.t.c. BUT
HOW IN THE WORLD DOES ONE STUDY FOR CHEMISTRY?!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Going away snowboarding for most of xmas holidays,however will probably be reading English texts

turnthepageoftime

HSC
Hopefully write notes beforehand and 3 hours a day e.t.c. BUT
HOW IN THE WORLD DOES ONE STUDY FOR CHEMISTRY?!
I personally teach my parents the course... helps me to understand the concepts better by having to explain them. Girls in my year teach their pets, on advice from my Ancient teacher, who teaches her pot plant.

turnthepageoftime

HSC
Going away snowboarding for most of xmas holidays,however will probably be reading English texts
Same, I'm going away over christmas and N/Y, so not much study going to be done. I personally feel that having a break is good though.

Sheep_Stacker

HSC
Is there really one hour of content in each subject to study every night? I usually listen in class, take notes and asks questions and if there is anything I am unsure about (e.g a concept or lingo in Chemistry) I sort it out in either my free period or when I get home. I do all my homework the day it is issued to get it out of the way. I take my hand written notes in class and type them up more summarised and edit them and when I'm finished typing up my notes I lie down in bed and read whatever novel I have for english until I go to sleep. I was top 5 in all seven of my preliminary subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)