Study (1 Viewer)

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
Hey guys..
Just wondering... On average, how many hours (not including school hours) do you/ or did you study per week during the school year?
How many hours per normal school day did you commit to study, && how many on the weekends, or during the holidays?

Just sorting out how im going to manage and balance my time between everything & school-work this year..

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
It depends on your subjects.

The most homework comes from my maths so I spend like 2 hours on it even if it extends to midnight.

Well holidays I go over any work I missed or I am not clear about.

Both weekends altogether I spend about 6 hours on homework and revision.

redom

HSC
It really depends what type of mark your looking for and what you need to get into uni. People that want to do medicine have to study alot, whilst someone that decides uni isnt for them wouldnt study much. 2-3 hours a night is a good way to get you through the hsc comfortably. But if u want to do something like medicine or law, i recommend alot more study.

P

pLuvia

Study (as in no homework) probably less than an hour, with homework 2-3 hours, usually includes procrastination :D

HSC
I do varying amounts of time, as in last year where I spent alot more time during assisgnmets and exams etc. Although for the rest of year 12 I am looking at doing 22 plus hours a week including weekends.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Probably around 1 hour per day, if at all, except on assignment nights, when it goes until I'm done with the assignment.
Sitting down and doing your assigment until it's done, sounds like a really good idea but that is some major :read: which eventually leaves me :hammer: :mad1: :bomb:

But then again it's better doing it early rather than leaving it until later when everything builds up. The hours I study will hopefully increase as the momentum and motivation of year 12 kicks in. :)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I work quite well under pressure ;)
Me too, but so far :confused:...I'm hopping stess and pressure will have the same effect on me in the HSC as it did in the prelims, but I was doing heaps then.

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
I used to do basically no study at school. Just the bare minimum for assignments and homework which was always done the night before.

Lately, I've been doing a few hours a day, although I tend to do nothing some days.

I plan to study for a total of thirty two hours a week during school right up until the end where I do just a bit more for the final exams.

Beege

HSC
It all really depends on the subjects you do and how many subjects you do really

w00dy.

HSC
my study generally works around what kind of week ive got.

whether im working, and what days im working things like that.

but i generally try to spend an hour or 2 each day, with a whole day on a weekend. but that varies sometimes more sometimes less.

its enough for me, and enough to get pretty good marks

a.durbidge267

HSC
i was told the board of studies recommends a minimum 20 hours a week im still tryin to figure out a suitable timetable for myself

cupcake08

HSC
ohh yeah boz time is essential to attaining a high uai.... post count is directly proportional to uai scored :uhhuh:

hmm yeah i have no set amount of time i study. some days i won't have time for anything, other days ill pull an all-nighter finishing assignments. i find the spontaneous erratic approach works better than trying to schedule everything or writing out timetables for every second of the day.

a.durbidge267

HSC
wht uai are u hoeping to achieve
i need like 93 94 higher would be good but

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)