Study (2 Viewers)

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
Dear lord....
So in my past school career i barely did homework and crammed my butt off for exams. ANd suprisingly it worked miracles [ie, i get first place in subjects at the end of semesters]
Unfortunately ive found that in prelim, it hasnt worked as well!
theres just wayyy too much content for me to over in the night before or even 2 days before.
[not to mention the prelim yearlies where i would wake at 4 am and begin to study for the exam on the day...]
i still go quite well [ranked top 10 in most subjects] but not as well as i could...
So this year, ive decided to take up the hi5 song as a motto, the 'lets get to work work! lets get to work!'
[and at this stage ur undoubtedly thinking - 'JEEZ, she blatently admits she doesnt study and watches Hi5..']
but thats me =]
Although i think its unrealistic of me to think that i will be able to complete the 30 hrs of homework a week that my school recommends... after beign so apathetic about it over the past few years. [i actually care about school alot, its just that ive always gotten by doing so little, and i tried studying weeks in advance, but to no avail... so i guess its better to stick with the devil u know?]
So i;ve decided to be realistic and step my homework and study times up in small increments so that by the time the HSC arrives, im doing a decent amounts study per night.
HSC 07 we can do it :)!!!
p.s it'd be good to hear from some HSC 06 members yuh??? [thanks lottox, gotta love the nsb kids!]
pps. how much does ur school recommend/

cupcake08

HSC
pfft should you really have to do ridiculous amounts of study (ie. 30+ hours) for a high 90s uai?? :eek: its doesn't seem sustainable. my brother completely bludged around in yr 12 and only knuckled down after half yearly exams where he was getting shocking results. he still managed to get 94 uai though.

if I start doing 5 hours a night i'd give it about a week before i gave up and was back on bos again

lottox said:
Maybe 1 and a half hours.
ohhh i don't know, thats pushing it!:p

Last edited:

Sofstar

HSC
I don't know. 1-2 hours on school nights. It's usually do what's due this week. Anything that can be left til the weekend is left til the weekend. Weekends, i just make a list of what i need to do and do them. Exams include studying to and from school, in ad breaks and takes priority. But everything stops at 11pm latest and time for sleep.

nichhhole

HSC
lottox did i tell u i was doing both 4U math and eng? or are u just telepathic. i never remember what info i give out on the internet [despite MSN's constant warnings] haha...
well im doing alot of engext2 atm... progressing quite well...
and ive decided that ill have to start doing maths.. [i probably neglected to mention the 7.5 hrs a week i spent at tutoring... so i guess that counts as hmwk kinda??]
hmm... i think we;ve all gotta be realistic...most of u are on the right track. I guess we all know ourselves... but seriously... going from minimum hrs to max is a big expectation...
its kinda like druggos/smokers tryingto quit cold turkey..
success rate? 5%?
nevertheless...BOSHSC2007 shall succeed!
[and also.. if uve looked at the HSC forum where they post their makrs, majority are quite high... im hoping its not just faux hope:(!]

nichhhole

HSC
11! dear girl, where is ur dedication! hahah
just kidding :) if uve studied that much in advance its good that u go to sleep early and rest up!
who am i to talk of dedication.. haha studying on the day.
but then again.. i do wake at 4 ^^....

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
nichhhole said:
just kidding :) if uve studied that much in advance its good that u go to sleep early and rest up!
Meh, if I was going to do that, the I might as well sleep in the afternoon, wake up at 10pm and stay up all night :eek:

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Thats an even more scary amount of study than dr_baby_beanie's. But, good on you for staying motivated.
Lolz Gangles don't you mean:

Hero of Time said:
I plan to study for a total of thirty two hours a week during school right up until the end where I do just a bit more for the final exams.

or

agentcheeseball said:
I am looking at doing 22 plus hours a week including weekends.

HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Thats a scary amount of study. I could never do it, maybe.
Well scratch that. I have actually made up a time table for myself now. I am looking at doing a min of 24 and a max of 38 hours a week. Although it will be over 38 hours near exams.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Right now I do about 22 hours, but im trying to bump it up a bit.

I was reading this crappy study guide we got from school, and it says that you should do a minimum of 20 hours a week!! And im trying to get a 95+ UAI, so it makes me feel as though i should be doing more.

But I dont know how I could fit it in. I work 6 hours a week and although i dont plays sport anymore, I go for runs and stuff, but I cant cut any of that out or Ill go crazy.

Do you guys do the 'one study-free day a week' thing? Ive been told that it is really important and everything. I (am supposed to) have fridays off, but if i dont go out or anything i usually end up studying.

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
It's really worthwhile to have a 'break night' where you just chill, relax and do nothing, or have a night out with friends and enjoy ur last yr that you'll definitely be all together while it lasts. You don't want to study the whole year and wake up at the end of the year and go 'wow, that's all, I did..." (this could be esp at ur formal when you're all together and realise you hardly know anyone.)

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
I was reading this crappy study guide we got from school, and it says that you should do a minimum of 20 hours a week!!.
is that including homework? or is that just study alone?

Sofstar

HSC
nichhhole said:
Ergh 4am!. I wasn't talking about exams time, 11pm latest on school nights.:eek:.

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
What about weekends
do you guys do alot of study on your weekends or do you mainly leave that for during the week?
orrrr a bit of both?

HSC
Currently now on the holidays I am working for 5 plus hours a day.

When school resumes, my entire Sunday is dedicated to homework and any chores that I have. So I am able to do a large chunk on Sunday if need be. Though I try and study as much as I can throughout the week as well.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
Oh my, I haven't done much at all, if any work as of yet. My room still needs cleaning and until it's cleaned, no study is going to be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)