Study (1 Viewer)

HSC
Thats like me kinda. Today I had to clean and wash down all the bathroom and do the dishwasher and tidy up my room. If I dont I get in big trouble and dont study. Plus I am doing as much study as I can as I have so much homework I have been given.

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I just did my homework and assignments during the week. I would try get all my homework done in class. Of a weekend I would do some summaries...sometimes... I really didn't study very much...but when exams came I would study about 3-5 weeks before

passion89

HSC
My weekdays were always for homework and assignments (and catching up, if I wasn't there for that class) and my weekends were reserved for study. That said, I still had a social life :p

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
3 hours avg a night on weekdays in term 4. Going to push it to 4 hours a nigh on weekdays. Weekends probably relax a bit probably 10 hours in total, unless if there are assessment tasks to complete...

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
agentcheeseball said:
Currently now on the holidays I am working for 5 plus hours a day.

When school resumes, my entire Sunday is dedicated to homework and any chores that I have. So I am able to do a large chunk on Sunday if need be. Though I try and study as much as I can throughout the week as well.
Wow, that's an incredible amount for the summer holidays, and in your sig it says that you intend for a UAI of 83 or so. That amount of work will get you to 90+ if you consistenly worked hard throughout the year.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Unless there was an assignment on the next week, the most I would have spent on schoolwork would have been around 5 hours a week, and pretty much nothing on the weekends. This year it will be bumped up a bit, but I don't think I'll go anymore than 15 hours a week, and maybe up to 20 hours for exams.

redom

HSC
i know this may well be a stupid question, but what is considered study, and what is considered hw? one of my teachers told me to break up my study from my hw, but i didnt really get what he meant. I dont think i 'study' that much.
Say if a teacher gives you hw and says read and highlight pages blah blah. Which takes people like half an hour, but i kinda write notes on the whole thing whilst highlighting?....Is that hw or study:S...Otherwise i do very little study relative to the rest of the bos ppl.

On the whole hw and study makes up alot of my time. most weeknights are around 5hrs+ depending on what time i come home, whilst weekends will be closer to ten (coaching takes up 6 on one of the days). And come exam time more, and in the holidays abit more.

kathrynso

HSC
I really don't study now that I think about it. Well not as much as other people. I probably study and practise for maths which is about it....
I want to get a book case for my room to put all my books in. I've forgotten what the initial post was... so, in my first term of year 12, I didn't really study, I just work on the tasked set out by my classes and do them at home.. and then at the end of a couple of weeks, i'll look over them.
But it really varies, depending on whether I want to study or not.

Hero Of Time

HSC
N/A
yoakim said:
Wow, that's an incredible amount for the summer holidays, and in your sig it says that you intend for a UAI of 83 or so. That amount of work will get you to 90+ if you consistenly worked hard throughout the year.
True, agentcheeseball will get a much greater UAI than 83.15.

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
redom said:
i know this may well be a stupid question, but what is considered study, and what is considered hw? one of my teachers told me to break up my study from my hw, but i didnt really get what he meant. I dont think i 'study' that much.
Say if a teacher gives you hw and says read and highlight pages blah blah. Which takes people like half an hour, but i kinda write notes on the whole thing whilst highlighting?....Is that hw or study:S...Otherwise i do very little study relative to the rest of the bos ppl.

On the whole hw and study makes up alot of my time. most weeknights are around 5hrs+ depending on what time i come home, whilst weekends will be closer to ten (coaching takes up 6 on one of the days). And come exam time more, and in the holidays abit more.

hmmm thats rather confusing, correct me if im wrong - homework is the set work youre given to complete, but study is more of your own work. Its you going through your notes & doing what you can to make yourself remember content, practise questions etc. Just extra work, apart from your 'homework', that will further your understanding of your school work.
..or was that not the question?..:confused:

I think what youre doing is great, either way if it works for you & its helping you learn, then dont worry about it. Just type up summary notes when you have spare time or something so when it comes to exams its much easier for you to study your work. :)

HSC
yoakim said:
The lowest UAI I can get to do architectural course is 83. However, there are plenty of differing Architectural courses I would love to do as well, though they require a lower UAI. There is even Bacherlor of Architecture/Bachelor of Laws which requires a UAI of 99.20. So I decided since I'm doing my HSC I may as well work as hard as I can in a hope I may be able to recieve a scholarship or go to a higher course in Architecture.

Of course you would think that Hero of Time and what UAI are you going for? As you study as much as me.

G

gaoOO

Hero Of Time said:
I plan to study for a total of thirty two hours a week during school right up until the end where I do just a bit more for the final exams.
do you plan to sleep? :eek:

I do about an hour a day, probably 2 on Saturday and nothing on sunday and then seem to go for the entire night on the day before an assessment :eek:, possibly without sleep in the case of a major project.

HSC
gaoOO said:
do you plan to sleep? :eek:

I do about an hour a day, probably 2 on Saturday and nothing on sunday and then seem to go for the entire night on the day before an assessment :eek:, possibly without sleep in the case of a major project.
Hero Of Time doesnt sleep very much at all.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Hero Of Time: "I plan to study for a total of thirty two hours a week during school right up until the end where I do just a bit more for the final exams."

That's about 3 hours study each night on weekdays, and then 8 hours on saturday, and then another 8 hours on sunday.
Or
4 hours study each night on weekdays, and then 6 hours on sat and then 6 hours on sunday.
That's possible :p

kloudsurfer

HSC
dr baby beanie said:
It's really worthwhile to have a 'break night' where you just chill, relax and do nothing, or have a night out with friends and enjoy ur last yr that you'll definitely be all together while it lasts. You don't want to study the whole year and wake up at the end of the year and go 'wow, that's all, I did..." (this could be esp at ur formal when you're all together and realise you hardly know anyone.)
I usually go out or do something with friends on friday night, but in the afternoon before I go out ill usually do some homework/study. So yeah, I dont really have an entirely study free day.

And to whoever asked, I classify study as homework and your own revision and other schoolwork related stuff.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Well some people have unrealistic expectations, but if you can meet with them all the better.

To everyone else just do what works for you. Don't worry about how much other people say they are doing because everyone works differently and everyone studies differently.

The real test for working out how and when to study and then on top of that organising your time to complete assessment is during the major exam periods; half yearlies and trials then the hsc where it is nothing left but study for the next exam.

As I said in another thread it will be interesting to see who will actually stick to what they say. My guess is not many people will as you will see the hsc becomes one big juggling act and something has to give eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)