studying 8-10 hrs a day during STUVAC (1 Viewer)

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
Group study sessions wednesdays and saturdays+sundays.
I have a group study session for Ancient tomorrow, whole class and teacher are getting together, so I need to come up with any questions for Ancient between now and tomorrow afternoon.

Thursday, my friend and I have planned a trip to officeworks. Its kind of sad, I know, but I'm just a *tad* excited. Oh well, the simple things in life.

tau281290

HSC
Kirsty Xx said:
My principal is freaking out that our grade will fuck up the HSC and he told us to do 100 hours of study a week. I'm serious. He's a complete fucknuckle. One teacher said his heart was in the right place, he was just being highly unrealistic. Then when the principal got all our grade together on the last week of school and stressed that 3-4 hours of study a day "AIN'T ENOUGH, IT JUST AIN'T" and that some people in the state are doing 15 hours a day. I was like, fuck off, find me these people!
15 hours a day? That's like that freaky Abraham Lincoln...

I can't even push myself to do more than 8 hrs.....sigh

akadaka22

HSC
mm its not about how much you study or what you study i believe its more about the way in which you are studying like i dunno ill give an example i do modern history and like im not really covering the courses content more about just learning 4 essays on national study and 4 on conflict study its more or less obvioius what is gonna be asked in most subjects but dont think serioiusly that doing 10 hours means anything lol u gotta turn up on the day and nail it all ur doing by studying more than 4 hours a day is pschying urself out in the long run

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
akadaka22 said:
mm its not about how much you study or what you study i believe its more about the way in which you are studying like i dunno ill give an example i do modern history and like im not really covering the courses content more about just learning 4 essays on national study and 4 on conflict study its more or less obvioius what is gonna be asked in most subjects but dont think serioiusly that doing 10 hours means anything lol u gotta turn up on the day and nail it all ur doing by studying more than 4 hours a day is pschying urself out in the long run
My modern teacher, whos been a hsc marker for years was telling us under the marking guidelines they used to have a statement along the lines of

"A prepared answer can received no mark greater than 12/25"

So.
Know your content, not 4 prepared essays.
Of course, do practise essays. In 2unit its quite easy to guess the general areas your two optional questions will come from..
But yeah. Dont just prepare four different answers. Theres also no way you can remember 8 essays.

kinka11

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
My modern teacher, whos been a hsc marker for years was telling us under the marking guidelines they used to have a statement along the lines of

So.
Know your content, not 4 prepared essays.
Of course, do practise essays. In 2unit its quite easy to guess the general areas your two optional questions will come from..
But yeah. Dont just prepare four different answers. Theres also no way you can remember 8 essays.

i beg to differ. I have used the same journey essays and paper 2 essays for in class pracs and trials and they have always been 14 or 15. but 4 essays for one essay is a bit excessive

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
But I bet you adapt you basic framework to answer the question.

When I say 'prepared answer' I mean a word for word replication (or an attempt at) that makes no attempt to answer the question posed in the exam.

Not a rewording of a basic framework.

erm

HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
From the way our idiotic teachers mark, you'd think the converse was true.

tau281290

HSC
How can teachers ever know your answer is prepared or not if you're answer the question so precisely. I think what your teacher meant is that bland essays will receive no marks greater than 12/25.

kinka11

HSC
teachers know a prepared answer
trust me
the trick is getting a prepared answer that you can maniuplate to the question

akadaka22

HSC
i didnt say i woudlnt manipulate it to the question im talking about the topic of the question thats what matters look at past HSC papers you can work out what there gonna ask most likely and the ways they can actually ask worked for me in trials and half yearly exams didnt drop below 23 for both exams on national study and conflict

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
tau281290 said:
How can teachers ever know your answer is prepared or not if you're answer the question so precisely. I think what your teacher meant is that bland essays will receive no marks greater than 12/25.
Even I can tell a prepared answer
=\

My teacher meant what he knew from years of marking. And that is that a prepared - that is an attempted replication of a generic or otherwise essay that does not fit or address the question - essay will do poorly.

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
akadaka22 said:
i didnt say i woudlnt manipulate it to the question im talking about the topic of the question thats what matters look at past HSC papers you can work out what there gonna ask most likely and the ways they can actually ask worked for me in trials and half yearly exams didnt drop below 23 for both exams on national study and conflict
As long as you realise that knowing content is more valuable than know essays
*Shrug*

akadaka22

HSC
i didnt mean 4 essays on 1 topic i.e just on say USA consumerism or something like that 4 essays on 4 differnt topics that i think they will ask trust me it works u have max 45 mins 2 write an essay if u wanna get above 23 u need 2 have an anwser that fits that topic with historians quotes stastics and info in which seperates u from 99% of all other students best way 2 do it

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
Ohhh, I get you now.

Like generic essays on the entire module from which you can pull useful bits of info?

akadaka22

HSC
lol thers no point on knwing all content coz u look in 7 years of modern history they have never asked the same questions on dot points 2 years in a ROW therfore ur wasting time, this only applies 2 certain subjects though for example in Biology u cant guess the questions or chemistry doesnt work like that but in modern if u dont take take advantage of knwing what their gonna most likely ask ur gonna lose time trust me

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
akadaka22 said:
lol thers no point on knwing all content coz u look in 7 years of modern history they have never asked the same questions on dot points 2 years in a ROW therfore ur wasting time, this only applies 2 certain subjects though for example in Biology u cant guess the questions or chemistry doesnt work like that but in modern if u dont take take advantage of knwing what their gonna most likely ask ur gonna lose time trust me
And of course you cant know everything. You'll know some bits better than others, but.
Better to be safe than sorry.

I agree that you can to an extent guess the questions though.

dee777

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Timetable didnt work for me, made me more stressful that i wasn't studying when i should be.
LOL samme! im sO Over school since trials even though im aiming for 90+ UAI =/

samwell

HSC
studying 8 hrs is humanely possible but with a relaxed brain. dont study for 24 hrs and then try studying. if studying is ua routine u will find that 8 hrs is very possible

Sangfroid

HSC
adnan91 said:
this is cliched but anyway. Its not how much u study, but how u study.
Guess that's true to some extent, but there's still a certain amount of study that you'd need to complete exams to a satisfactory level.

Right now I'm looking at 6-7 hours a day, yessir. :/ Trying to, anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)