studying 8-10 hrs a day during STUVAC (1 Viewer)

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Please, please, please, make some sort of physical activity part of your study routine. It will help get you motivated, clear the head and refresh you to sit again.

If you play sport, keep doing it! Don't stop doing stuff just to study.

And you can study for 8-10 hours a day, but if you do it continuously, or without suitable, resting breaks, it will not be a productive 8-10 hours.

Good luck 2008 HSCers.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
as of today, i will be doing 8 hours + a day I feel that 3-4 just isn't enough (well for me personally).

...I'll report back this evening as to how it goes.

@who

HSC
Hagaren said:
as of today, i will be doing 8 hours + a day I
feel that 3-4 just isn't enough (well for me personally).

...I'll report back this evening as to how it goes.
howd u go?

---

Personally, i been getting 6hrs minimum with 9hrs max a day, usually hitting around 8.5hrs although yesterday i hit 9 cause i started early

HSC
Exactly two weeks to my first exam today. A good time to start fresh and promise a good slab of study each day.

(Yesterday my reason was that I had failed to act on my promise the previous day. We'll see how this one goes).

Felix Jones

HSC
Nasonex said:
Is this humanly possible?

Even on a daily basis...

How can this be achieved? cause atm i can only do 2-4 since i was to tired after trials
get a good mate who is intelligent and willing to study, then go library and study together, works for me. im at library on daily basis from like 9.30 ish to 4.30 ish in the afternoon.

Felix Jones

HSC
samwell said:
studying 8 hrs is humanely possible but with a relaxed brain. dont study for 24 hrs and then try studying. if studying is ua routine u will find that 8 hrs is very possible
quite sam!!! loz hey man, havent seen u in a while.

HSC
MФëỹ™ said:
get a good mate who is intelligent and willing to study, then go library and study together, works for me. im at library on daily basis from like 9.30 ish to 4.30 ish in the afternoon.
Yeh libraries are fantastic. i was there from about 9.15-12.30 this morning, absolutely powered through Bio (which is a rare occurence haha)
But then I got up to go and get some lunch, ate, and then came back and had NO motivation to do anything.
So here I am.

samwell

HSC
MФëỹ™ said:
quite sam!!! loz hey man, havent seen u in a while.
lol yh. Library is a good idea especially for doing math{when with mates}. Other subjects u may have a lower concentration span than normal.

blackromanc3

HSC
Yes it is possible. I have 16 hour awake time which 8-10 of those 16 hours are for study. So I basically do 2 hours straight then take a 1 hour break to play bass guitar or watch T.V then do 2 hours again then repeat 1 hour break. Only 2 sessions of breaks go on longer (1.5 hours) which is for dinner and shower.

So its basically, 2+1+2+1+2+1+2+1.5+2+1.5

and when I'm lazy I go for 8 hour days which somehow my hour breaks become 2 hours LOL.

GL!

adnan91

HSC
Dont think of it as hours ppl, set tasks-make a plan-reward urself-eat starbursts while studying :D

Crates

Banned
HSC
adnan91 said:
Dont think of it as hours ppl, set tasks-make a plan-reward urself-eat starbursts while studying :D
Can I lick a vagina after completing say 1 set of maths questions instead of eating starbursts?

Yamaelf

HSC
well. all i have done so far is finish my chem notes...
i havent started actual study. im still working at my part time job. and i still see friends regularly. starting next monday though i plan on smashing out 40min per subject per day and in the days leading up to each exam do a bit of extra work.

and with all this i want 80+ but i wil be happy with 75

HSC
Yamaelf said:
starting next monday
Lol i said that last Friday.

Will do 10 hours next week (Like what i said last Friday also)
Will do 13-14 hours during exams

:sleep:

Last edited:

chaldoking

HSC
tommykins said:
i'm planning 2 past papers a day + revision.
I think thats the best way for the HSC - past papers! By the way I was wandering whether like exercise and sport or fitness affect retention rate or study in any way?

Numbers

Banned
HSC
Hagaren said:
Why?...crates makes good posts.
Thanks mate! I think that some people on this website are just dull and can't handle a joke. Runnable is probably the dullest person on this website.

Tha Wishkah

HSC
I have a timetable, aiming for 8x hours per day.
I do it in 2 hour sessions, with 1 hour breaks. Each 2 hour session is a different subject.

As the HSC comes closer, ill make it 4 hours of one subject per day.

I've done the 8 hours a couple of times, 7 a few, but some days i find it hard to study (only 4-6 hours).

I think that if i go to bed late or whatever it makes it harder.

Get up at 5:50am - finish at 3:30pm, (around about). so i have the afternoon/night for whatever (usually DotA, msn interwebs etc.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)