Studying at night? (1 Viewer)

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
I'm fine with staying up till whenever if its an assessment, but for general study I don't feel the urgency in staying up to a ridiculous hour. I used to be pretty blasee about it, but then my English teacher told me if I kept up my routine I was going to be so sleep-deprived I'd be disadvantaged for the external exams..

Anyway I don't understand how its possible to function effectively the next day going to bed between 12.30 and 3.30 on a regular basis without changing your sleeping pattern completely...how do you guys do it?!

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
carrots please! said:
I'm fine with staying up till whenever if its an assessment, but for general study I don't feel the urgency in staying up to a ridiculous hour. I used to be pretty blasee about it, but then my English teacher told me if I kept up my routine I was going to be so sleep-deprived I'd be disadvantaged for the external exams..

Anyway I don't understand how its possible to function effectively the next day going to bed between 12.30 and 3.30 on a regular basis without changing your sleeping pattern completely...how do you guys do it?!
umm i go to bed at 1. 30 ish and get up at 7.00 - 7.30
works for me =D

uncomeringue

HSC
I can't study at night at all. I lose my concentration at like 9pm & from then on studying is pointless... I generally study on weekends & just do compulsory homework or study for assessments next day during the week. I wish I could study later though.. how do you guys do it? Or do you think it's just a natural thing for some people?

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
yeh. it works better at night. you are more concentrated with less distractions and the way how everyone is asleep makes you wanna finish studying so you get to sleep as well.

mollycoddle

HSC
uncomeringue said:
I can't study at night at all. I lose my concentration at like 9pm & from then on studying is pointless...
Me too!
Thats why if i want to get some good studying done, i'll get up at 3.30 - 4 am. It only works if I go to bed relatively early though. I find that after the initial waking up stage, my mind is so much clearer and fresher than when i try to work late, and I have a lot better concentration. It's really only something i do come exam time though. I would suggest trying it sometime.

*kate

HSC
I think its perfectly normal, my body is also trained like that but apparently not getting enough sleep isn't good for preparation of an exam

HSC
uncomeringue said:
I can't study at night at all. I lose my concentration at like 9pm & from then on studying is pointless... I generally study on weekends & just do compulsory homework or study for assessments next day during the week. I wish I could study later though..
Thats me as well. If I study past 9.30ish (sometimes earlier) it just has no effect. I just can't concentrate.

Fadiia

HSC
N/A
yessss ofcourse.!! The only times where i find it more efficient is studying at Night!! lol don't worry your not the only one!

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Ive got no trouble studying until about 11pm for a test, from then I start to get really tired and go off to sleep. I then wake up at 6am to quickly go over any notes. But if there is an assignment due I get myself on coke or coffee to finish it off, sometimes 3:30am isnt out of the ordinary.

Muz4PM

HSC
I find that I absorb much more studying at night than in the afternoon/early morning. Anytime between 7-12 is pretty good.

samwell

HSC
the best time to study is afternoon after school. i beleive sleeping is very important to my functioning. 7.5hrs<time of sleep<9hrs if i break this eqn its wrecks my concentration 4 about 2 days in that i get stressed really quickly with insufficient sleep. Anybody tried studying in the morning? [second best time but always too sleepy lol]

dwarven

[SMSHS'08']
HSC
nerdsforever said:
yeh. it works better at night. you are more concentrated with less distractions and the way how everyone is asleep makes you wanna finish studying so you get to sleep as well.
except if ur on BOS and msn

Annalisee

HSC
I usually study after about 7, I cannot go straight from school into study mode. During school I find it really easy to do work, but when I get home it all kinda goes to shit.
Sleep depends, from 4-9 hours
study, on average less than an hour a night, when I have a test or an assignment, all night till I get it done.
There's no way in hell I could get up early to study.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
theshortykatt said:
that sounds good actually.

need to put it into practice.
If I work more than an hour I take the rest of the day off.

When I only need to pass my exams to get D's but need 80+ to get HD's the motivation to work hard just isn't there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)