• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying over the holidays (yr 11 exams) (1 Viewer)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Re: how far is everyone through holiday hw and study?

foram said:
Also i've revised Projectile Motion, Rate of Change, Growth and Decay and Simple Harmonic Motion all at the 3 Unit level for math.

I'll be starting on Inverse Trig, and Binomial next week, after I finnish the remaining two modules for Chemistry. I also intend to get a head start on 4U math next week as well. :D
I'm just going to pretend that I know what you're talking about. :uhhuh:

adidasboy

weee
HSC

Studied through 4 chapters for 2unit maths. Hoping to finish all of 3U by the end of the holidays. Still need to do HEAPS of other h/w + study. Need to stop procastinating lol.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC

bored of sc said:
I finished off permutations and combinations worksheets with the help of BOS (thanks guys) and have begun with random bable for a speech due second week back (epp!).

As for revision/syllabus summaries haven't done a bit. There's goes my rankings in religion, Chemistry and PDHPE :( oh well, I'll study tomorrow *wink wink*.

Give me motivation please :read: ...

P.S How's everyone else fairing?
I need motivation too. I feel dead from the studying. I don't even feel like myself anymore. I need to study more chemistry. :( sigh. I'm so tired, and sick, and ill, and i'm loosing a lot of weight (in %, because i don't have much to start with). Maybe it's possible to die from studying too much, the same way people die from playing WOW 4 days straight or something. Its so hillarious how people can die from playing WOW too much. Do you think i'll die if I study 4 days straight?

bored of sc

HSC

foram said:
I need motivation too. I feel dead from the studying. I don't even feel like myself anymore. I need to study more chemistry. :( sigh. I'm so tired, and sick, and ill, and i'm loosing a lot of weight (in %, because i don't have much to start with). Maybe it's possible to die from studying too much, the same way people die from playing WOW 4 days straight or something. Its so hillarious how people can die from playing WOW too much. Do you think i'll die if I study 4 days straight?
No - you've obviously built up a decent immunity to studying for long periods of time. Just take breaks every so often - even if that includes whole day breaks. Its worth it. If you are sick yo should not study too much.

P.S How's your diet and exercise levels? If you don't mind me asking... its important.

jirwin

HSC

Foram, why are you studying ahead so much? Its only been one term and you've already finished the entire prelim course for physics? and nearly chem... and then you plan to start the 4U course :eek:. I wish i had your motivation for the one lonely subject i'm currently doing at uni!

Amused

HSC

i've finished all my homework, now i'm doing my study notes...kind of.
boooorring.

p.s- Foram, i think you're overloading yourself. it's the holidays, just take one day studying, one day recreation and bludging. it works.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC

jirwin said:
Foram, why are you studying ahead so much? Its only been one term and you've already finished the entire prelim course for physics? and nearly chem... and then you plan to start the 4U course :eek:. I wish i had your motivation for the one lonely subject i'm currently doing at uni!
If I do more work now, It's less work later. :D

adidasboy

weee
HSC

Foram, you too suffer from an "asian metabolism?" :p How tall are you?
I've been lifting weights almost everyday for 1hr, eating as much as I can, drinking protein shakes. I'm still 65kg ==" Been trying hit that 70kg, for ages.. losing my motiviation to work out.. and that protein shakes are soo expensive.. ($50 per 2weeks) Might as well just stop working out and save myself $$.

Studied for like 2hours this morning.. kind of lost track after eating breakfast and watched some TV.. It's like 2.30 now.. haven't accomplished much. lol. Got to fight this procastination!

lisarh

HSC
Only one week left of holidays =(
My half yearlies is exactly in one months time. Need to stop delaying everything before week 3 approaches. ><

bored of sc

HSC

lyounamu said:
Hahaha... I know.

I didn't know sushi had fat! I love sushi and consume large amount once a week....

oh no!!! it says under your name that you just broke down!!

what's happened? procrastination? lack of motivation?

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lisarh said:
Only one week left of holidays =(
My half yearlies is exactly in one months time. Need to stop delaying everything before week 3 approaches. ><
Okay, this is bs. I had my half yearlies before term 1, in weeks 10 and 11. Assessments kept piling up and I didn't have enough time for revision and study but instead, I perfected my assignments and assessment tasks, receiving high marks. Now, I'm shitting myself due to the exams because I believe I didn't do so well, and I'll have to anxiously wait for my marks.

Just do your best NOW. Don't be in a situation like me. Use these holidays to your ADVANTAGE. I wish my half yearlies were in say week 2 or in a month, so I'd actually have the time to study efficiently.... I spent too much time on assessments worth zero, owning everyone.

For some reason, I do really well in assignments and assessment tasks, but when it comes to exams, I go down. Anyone else in the same situation?

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

bored of sc said:
oh no!!! it says under your name that you just broke down!!

what's happened? procrastination? lack of motivation?
Yeah. Today was absolutely full of procrastination. My body is not operating very well today.

I woke up at 4 am (which is perfectly abnormal for me, by the way) and I felt so tired. I totally ruined my study plan and started going to BOS from 4 am and started talking with another boser from 4 am to 8 am!!!!

It just doesn't finish here. After 8 am, I started watching stuff from youtube till 11 am. I started talking with summerroxx on msn from 11 am to 1 pm. From 1 pm to until now, all I did was talking with people (chatting is a better word).

I don't know. I hope to change the name to "operates again" as soon as I get back on track to my study plan. Thanks for your comment, though!!!

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC

lyounamu said:
Yeah. Today was absolutely full of procrastination. My body is not operating very well today.

I woke up at 4 am (which is perfectly abnormal for me, by the way) and I felt so tired. I totally ruined my study plan and started going to BOS from 4 am and started talking with another boser from 4 am to 8 am!!!!

It just doesn't finish here. After 8 am, I started watching stuff from youtube till 11 am. I started talking with summerroxx on msn from 11 am to 1 pm. From 1 pm to until now, all I did was talking with people (chatting is a better word).

I don't know. I hope to change the name to "operates again" as soon as I get back on track to my study plan. Thanks for your comment, though!!!
Sounds like me as well, except that I sleep and wake up late. :(

Bah, gotta get out of this habit. :(

bored of sc

HSC
Razizi said:
For some reason, I do really well in assignments and assessment tasks, but when it comes to exams, I go down. Anyone else in the same situation?
yer, sometimes - hand in tasks are so much better than exams cause you have the advantage of time and asking for help etc

bored of sc

HSC

lyounamu said:

don't worry - it probably did you good to have a day without study

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

bored of sc said:
don't worry - it probably did you good to have a day without study
The problem is, today's routine is exactly same as yesterday's when I basically did NOTHING...

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
bored of sc said:
yer, sometimes - hand in tasks are so much better than exams cause you have the advantage of time and asking for help etc
Yeah :) That's why I think I'll have the advantage of doing exceptionally well when the internal assessments start crawling in during the HSC. When it comes to the final exam, I have to do well and rank top, otherwise if I perform really well in the internals and perform low in the externals, my mark would get scaled down badly, especially how I go to a non-selective school.

MsStrawberry

HSC

foram said:
Come study with me foram. :)

bored of sc

HSC

lyounamu said:
The problem is, today's routine is exactly same as yesterday's when I basically did NOTHING...
oh, i see, still - at least its now and not the weekend before your HSC externals :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

bored of sc said:
oh, i see, still - at least its now and not the weekend before your HSC externals :)
Thanks, bored of sc. You are a true champion, man. I better come back to my hard-working and serious mode. I cannot allow myself to go lower than this...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)