• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying over the holidays (yr 11 exams) (1 Viewer)

bored of sc

HSC
Just trying to keep the morale high!! Be optimistic guys...

selablad

HSC
Razizi said:
For some reason, I do really well in assignments and assessment tasks, but when it comes to exams, I go down. Anyone else in the same situation?
I'm the complete opposite. I find exams a bit easier (used to be a lot easier) because when the examiners/teachers are writing the exams they realise that you have to do it under exam conditions, so they write questions that can be answered in a couple of hours (generally). But assignments/assessment tasks they expect you to live in the library and do research and studying and stuff, and when they write the question/mark the assignment they take note of the fact that you had the chance to ask people about it, had lots of resources, and had plenty of time to write it out and get it perfect. Exam markers don't mind if your exam isn't *exactly* perfect.

That said, assignments are generally a lot more interesting, and I tend to put more effort into things which interest me, so I think it all balances out in the end re: assignments vs exams.

I haven't studied at all these holidays :(. I briefly got inspired by foram's learning-the-entire-year-11-course-in-a-week thing, but then I realised I left all my textbooks in my locker at school. And also, that I couldn't be bothered...

bored of sc

HSC
selablad said:
I haven't studied at all these holidays :(. I briefly got inspired by foram's learning-the-entire-year-11-course-in-a-week thing, but then I realised I left all my textbooks in my locker at school. And also, that I couldn't be bothered...
same ay, motivation in the holidays is as probable as seeing pigs fly under a blue, full moon :uhhuh:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Razizi said:
For some reason, I do really well in assignments and assessment tasks, but when it comes to exams, I go down. Anyone else in the same situation?
I'm the total opposite. I procrastinate and fail all my assessments and assignments because i have to rush it the night before, or the morning it's due. Then for the test, I pwn because i have natural tallent, and it's not so much about studying, It's more skill based or memory based. Usually I listen it class, and even without taking notes, i remember what the teacher said, so tests are very easy and stress free for me.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
selablad said:
It's learn-the-entire-year-11-course-in-4-days.:read: :read: Todays my 3rd day doing chem, and i've finnished chemical earth, metals, and water. :D

The only thing i skipped was the development of the periodic table because I hate reading about ancient people doing ancient stuff. :sleep: I remember falling asleep reading astronomy in physics because they had a section like that. :sleep:

Tomorrow i'll finnish energy, and thus complete the prelim course! :cool: Then I'll do inverse trig and binomial in one day, meaning i'll have revised the entire 3U Prelim + HSC course. :D

And I just remembered I have an english assessment due the first day back. I have no idea how to start it, and I don't intend to start it untill the day before it's due because i hate enlgish and i don't want to ruin my holiday by doing something so horrible. :mad:

Apart from english, i'm quite pleased at the speed i'm progressing through all my courses. :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You guys are crazy....
Have you even gone out these holidays?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
You guys are crazy....
Have you even gone out these holidays?
yeah.... once.... to buy my textbooks....... :mad:

P.S. I accidentally met my friends who were coming from the gym and forced me to take Subway... but I couldn't go because I had to see someone at that crucial moment to buy the books....

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Aerath said:
That is a little crazy. :(
I know. I could have enjoyed the moment with my friends at Subway and at the other places. But I was supposed to meet Steph at 2.00 pm for book purchases..... And it was like 1.55 when I met my friends from the gym.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
foram said:
It's learn-the-entire-year-11-course-in-4-days.:read: :read: Todays my 3rd day doing chem, and i've finnished chemical earth, metals, and water. :D

The only thing i skipped was the development of the periodic table because I hate reading about ancient people doing ancient stuff. :sleep: I remember falling asleep reading astronomy in physics because they had a section like that. :sleep:

Tomorrow i'll finnish energy, and thus complete the prelim course! :cool: Then I'll do inverse trig and binomial in one day, meaning i'll have revised the entire 3U Prelim + HSC course. :D

And I just remembered I have an english assessment due the first day back. I have no idea how to start it, and I don't intend to start it untill the day before it's due because i hate enlgish and i don't want to ruin my holiday by doing something so horrible. :mad:

Apart from english, i'm quite pleased at the speed i'm progressing through all my courses. :)
Learn-the-entire-year-11-course-in-4-days. Hmmm I don't think I can last learning an entire course in 4 days. Probably learning a module or topic ahead for each course will be enough for me :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Jess007 said:
yr 11= no study for me
I wouldn't exactly say that - but you guys need to go out at least once in this two week break.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:
I wouldn't exactly say that - but you guys need to go out at least once in this two week break.
I'll get a break next saturday. A few friends have invited me to something... i'm not quite clear about the details yet though.

selablad

HSC
You realise that that's like a week away??

On another note, school tomorrow for me :( I have to take down the big "It's Holidays!" poster I made for my room...

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
QLD people have school tomorrow?! Ouch, thats harsh. Thats like 4 extra english lessons!

I'll have one more week of studying!
or maybe I can take a textbook with me on saturday...?

selablad

HSC
Yup, Qld people have school tomorrow. I'm lucky, I go to a private school so I still got two weeks. But state school people went back this week, so they only got one week, haha.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You made a "It's Holidays!" poster? That's dedication. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)