• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Studying over the holidays (yr 11 exams) (1 Viewer)

selablad

HSC
foram said:
I guess you're not going to do acturial studies then.
Why would I willingly place myself under torture??

lyounamu said:
Or Advanced Mathematics degree.
Oh dear, do you have to do lots of statistics for that? I love maths, all areas of it except for statistics...grr. Oh well, the kinds of things I'm interested in probably don't relate to statistics. But then again maybe they do. I hope they don't!!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm dead. Haven't done anything this week. Think I mighta burnt out during the first week. :\

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
Aerath said:
I'm dead. Haven't done anything this week. Think I mighta burnt out during the first week. :\
Mee too! I've been broken since monday. :D Luckily i still managed to finnish phys and chem. :D

mez^-^

HSC
haha
so much for my determination.
i made an excellent study timetable and i was so proud of myself ^^
ha screwed that
concentration span = less than 10 minutes
sleep desire = 10+ hours
part-time work was sporadic
random family dinners
all this ended up screwing with my perfect regime
so now im not following my timetable at all
all it does now is tell me how much time i DONT have left

unlike a lot a lot of ppl, i dont need to go out and party to enjoy myself ^^
not that there's anything wrong with partying but yeah i enjoy the simple things i life

any way after a day of study and/or work i usually hav taekwondo to look forward to so im all good

^-^

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
mez^-^ said:
any way after a day of study and/or work i usually hav taekwondo to look forward to so im all good
OMG! I will get smashed by you if I stay near you. :shy:

Ok, let's get into serious mode.

It's very wonderful that you made the timetable. However, the most important thing is to make it so that you can abide by it at different types of situations. I also make timetable. However, mine appears simple but very complex in nature (I am an accomplished timetable-maker, by the way :p).

For example, I always study Mathematics and English everyday because they are the subjects that I deem to be my crucial strengths (UAI advantages), the most important for me & for my future career as well. What I mean by 'complex' is that I know what to study exactly at specific date and time. Even though I study Mathematics, it is just not Mathematics that I study, I basically know in my head that I study these and that (e.g. Advanced Physical Application of Calculus). By making Mathematics and English as 'daily subjects', all I need to care about is to decide what I am going to learn. Studying like 5 subjects a day is highly inefficient as you will need to divide. So study like 2 to 3 subjects a day and focus on them.

In conclusion, make sure your timetable is ADAPTABLE, SIMPLE TO FOLLOW AND REALISTIC & MEASURABLE. If you need help, I will be glad to help.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
I also make timetable. However, mine appears simple but very complex in nature (I am an accomplished timetable-maker, by the way :p).
Qft :p (Namu made me one :D)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Razizi said:
Qft :p (Namu made me one :D)
I am ashamed by my own creation (the timetable I made you, could have made a much better one). :lol:

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I hate timetables. Everytime I've made myself a time table, i've followed it for half a day, and never looked at it again. :( If I remember something, then it's important enough to do. If I don't remember it, then it's not important enough to do. :D Actually, i'm still burnt out. Back to Warcraft III on Bored Aussie for me. xD

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't believe in timetables. Even the littlest errors can fuck it all up. Maybe it's me just being shit at creating timetables. I just write a list of what I need to do and study off that. :p

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Aerath said:
Don't believe in timetables. Even the littlest errors can fuck it all up. Maybe it's me just being shit at creating timetables. I just write a list of what I need to do and study off that. :p
Yeah same. I just make a priority list, jotting down all the things I need to complete, then completing them one by one :uhhuh:.

dpospination

HSC
Yeh, these priority lists are the way to go, one slight moment of procrastination can offset an entire timetable...

selablad

HSC
Razizi said:
Yeah same. I just make a priority list, jotting down all the things I need to complete, then completing them one by one :uhhuh:.
Mmm. I much prefer doing that, because it doesn't rely so much on time ("I must study maths from 6 - 7" when you might just sit around doing nothing for an hour) but on actual tasks ("I must do this, that and the other" so you actually complete the tasks you've set for yourself). And also it just seems the most logical, doing it all one by one and ticking them off as you go down. This is the method I use when I'm getting really stressed about all the stuff I have to do :uhhuh:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
selablad said:
Mmm. I much prefer doing that, because it doesn't rely so much on time ("I must study maths from 6 - 7" when you might just sit around doing nothing for an hour) but on actual tasks ("I must do this, that and the other" so you actually complete the tasks you've set for yourself). And also it just seems the most logical, doing it all one by one and ticking them off as you go down. This is the method I use when I'm getting really stressed about all the stuff I have to do :uhhuh:
That's why people shouldn't make timetable like 'study maths from 7-8'.

My timetable is very flexible and is very similar to the priority list. Only difference is that priority lists are in the particular time slot. Some people said that their timetables are hard to follow, then don't make them to be like that. Make them as flexible as possible.

I also don't have particular paper that says when I should study. Timetable is in my head and is constantly under alteration.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
I can't study. I'm busy procrastinating by solving my rubix cube many many times. I've gotten down to 2 mins approx. :( I'm so nerdy now.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Only difference is that priority lists are in the particular time slot.
Not even. I just have a list. No times. Just the work I need to do.

Pfft Foram - 2 mins for Rubiks cube? Try harder. :D

adidasboy

weee
HSC
arghh studied to late yesterday night, woke up early to study this morning.. mind is all muddled, feel like crap. Think i'm close to burning out :(

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
adidasboy said:
arghh studied to late yesterday night, woke up early to study this morning.. mind is all muddled, feel like crap. Think i'm close to burning out :(
Don't worry. you can play Hero Line War Lition with me on Bored Aussie if you burn out. :D

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Well if you've studied up to now - you're pretty good. :D I burnt out at the beginning of this week.

adidasboy

weee
HSC
yay spent 3 days on economics. nearly finished. 30 pages of economic notes ^_^ I asked my dad if I could go hang out with friends later. He was like NO. study. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)