Stuffed Up - Still Got A Chance? (1 Viewer)

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Due to various reasons, I've ended up really screwing up the first couple of my internal assessments in a few of my subjects. Not to the point of failure, just average marks, and I'm really hoping to get a good UAI (90-95+ if possible). If I work my arse off for the rest of the year, get much better assessment marks and do really well in the actual HSC, do I have a chance of getting that level? Or have I already blown it?

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
You should have no problems getting that if you feel you can do it.

A couple of poor assessments also help increase your motivation to study for the bigger ones such as the trials/half yearlies. I'm sure if you put the effort into improving your marks you can still get above 90 UAI. It's still very early in the year, you have a lot of time to change things.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
if you go to a good school[ that regularly ranks well]
and have decently scaling subjects, its highly possible

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
remember that internally ranking is more important than the mark...so how good/bad are you ranked atm ?

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Between about 3rd to 10th depending on the subject. I'm not exactly sure. But it's a small school.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Sam. said:
If I work my arse off for the rest of the year, get much better assessment marks and do really well in the actual HSC, do I have a chance of getting that level?
As long as you are willing to commit yourself and put in the hard work for the remainder of the year, I'm sure you can achieve that UAI. Forget about those assessments that you may have stuffed up, they are no where as important as your trials and final exams. Good luck. ;)

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
Sam. said:
Between about 3rd to 10th depending on the subject. I'm not exactly sure. But it's a small school.
im sure you can pull off some quite high ranking by the end if you work hard

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Thanks guys, I'm a little more confident now!

up all nite

HSC
hey guys, im kind of in the same boat as well... in my half yearlys i got most subjects in the 50's.. one in the 70s.. will this affect my uai totally? im hoping to get uai around 80.... is that still an option?

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
There is always a chance. However that chance only becomes reality if you work extremely hard from now on. I can't stress that enough, having gone through the HSC last year and thinking the same thing.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Maybe... I'm in the same boat.. haven't got exactly what i wanted... but hopefully it'll even out by the end of the year... (if i work hard at it; )

FeelBare

HSC
*blink* ......i'm doing my half yearlies at the moment, perchance i get a half-arsed mark for 3U (probable and probably 50-60%....eugh) and do reasonably well in my other topics.. say.. 75%-90%....would it still affect the overall UAI later on?............

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Look at the aggregate contribution.
A FINAL HSC 3u Math mark of 60 (which is low and im sure you can achieve higher)
equates to higher aggregate contribution then 80 in the following subjects:
IPT
Legal Studies
Modern History
Business stuffies
Music
Etc;
Etc;

So, Even if you just manage 30... for 3u... its better then 80 for the final... for other subjects;

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
The marks i put into the calculator was 80 for all the other subjects and 30 (which is 60% for 3u)

RNN-A-MUK

HSC
i dun get it who gives a fuk what uai u get as long as u get into the course u want... ppl aim 4 uais in the high 90z n end up wanting to get into a course that requires 80z i dun get it

rama_v

HSC
RNN-A-MUK said:
i dun get it who gives a fuk what uai u get as long as u get into the course u want... ppl aim 4 uais in the high 90z n end up wanting to get into a course that requires 80z i dun get it
People just want to see what UAI they can get if they study hard. It's also useful in case you don't exactly know what you want to do in uni, and also in case you wish to transfer to another degree later on if you don't like the one you are in. Your high UAI will be of help then.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Hey bro... listen... its like when you're playing archery or darts...

What do you aim for?

You aim for 100!
Imagine you played the same game and aimed for the second circle... the 80... what do you think you're gonna get?

RNN-A-MUK

HSC
yeh but y stress urself if u wna get into an 80z course wats d point of fukn losing half ur hair n stressin 4 a whole yr jus relax cuz feel me

dunch

HSC
Jeez, Rnn- A Muk, you may struggle to get in 80's with English like that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)