Subject choices for yr12 (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i am potentially doing:

matt' ex2 (yay!)
matt' ex1 (damn, maths ex1 is jealous...but seriously it's very likely that I won't repeat)
engis (yayayayayayay!!! best subject out there)
busty (my fav)
bigy (it will be bloody awesome next year!!!)
sor i (highly phun subject)
cosie (when the hell is the form coming???????!!!!!)

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Doctor Jolly said:
How on Earth do you get a 90+ in MX2? That's like .. :burn:
90+ in mx2 is not that difficult. My year 12 mate got about 90/120 in mx2 as in raw mark and he pulled off 93 in mx2.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
Doctor Jolly said:
I'd say keep Software Design. What's your motive for dropping it?
LOL - mainly because I find the subject boring, and also I think I can benefit more from study periods - especially because I'm picking up MX2. Nothing to do with my ranking - I'm 1st or 2nd (not too sure - but I know I'm top 2).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
LOL - mainly because I find the subject boring, and also I think I can benefit more from study periods - especially because I'm picking up MX2. Nothing to do with my ranking - I'm 1st or 2nd (not too sure - but I know I'm top 2).
drop sdd then. That seems like a logical choice and you said that your school only allows 11 units but I am pretty sure you can still do 10.

My school has that same policy but if there are particualr situations where that can be excepted - as long as you are decent in sor 1.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
lyounamu said:
drop sdd then. That seems like a logical choice and you said that your school only allows 11 units but I am pretty sure you can still do 10.

My school has that same policy but if there are particualr situations where that can be excepted - as long as you are decent in sor 1.
Yeah - they reccomend us to do 12 units - however I'm pretty sure 11 would suffice. SOR1 is the best subject - in terms of effort - so I'd never want to drop SOR.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
I still iffy about my extension choices (ext2 maths, ext German or ext History). I think I'd excel most in ext German, but both ext2 maths and ext history would increase my performance in maths and history respectively, as well as my overall UAI prospects.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Probably Extension 2 Maths, Extension 1 English, Physics and Chemistry.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
Aerath said:
But it's so stereotypically asian. :p
QFT.

All asians (generally speaking) in year 11 do: 3u eng, 3u math, phys, eco and chem. Then (generally speaking again) in year 12 they do: 2u eng, 4u math, phys, eco and chem.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
the-derivative said:
LOL no it isn't... asian people don't like learning other asian languages... so most cases its chinese/viet only :p

Also Chemistry will help you in achieving the asian dream...
having all your children become doctors.
LOL but chemistry is like 50% asian (excuse my poor statistics) whereas japanese is like 90% asian. I reckon japanese is more asian.

And there are more asians in commerce than medicine. lol

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
lyounamu said:
LOL but chemistry is like 50% asian (excuse my poor statistics) whereas japanese is like 90% asian. I reckon japanese is more asian.

And there are more asians in commerce than medicine. lol
Check out UNSW. Asian Galore.

Lyly

HSC
I'm Asian but I'm breaking the trend by studying Biology instead of those finance subjects most Asians do... LOL :p

And I'm not smart enough to do MX2, so that's another subject against the trend :D

Man, I'm such a rebel... lol :rofl:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)