Subject not offered at school do it at TAFE? (1 Viewer)

DavidL

HSC
What subject? Just so you know, I'm doing my whole HSC at TAFE next year!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm so mad I didn't know about this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
Btw, for other subjects like physics, chemistry and so on, you would have to see does the timetable at tafe fits your school timetable. Other than that, 3u and 4u maths are definitely offered at night time which doesn't clash with your school hours.

HSCExposed

HSC
Yes you can. Especially for 3u and 4u maths. Please look at the thread posted by me: http://community.boredofstudies.org...tment-not-being-able-pick-up-3u-4u-maths.html

You have to enrol around January for that subject.
WAIT WHAAAAT? I done extension for two weeks at the start of year 11 but had to also do extension english to make it 12 units. So basically, will they still let me in? I mean I just finished first term of year 12 and would like to do extension maths. How are they going to teach me prelim and hsc so fast? Is it possible or am I too late? Honesly regret not doing extension maths. Is it possible for me to pick it up now?

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
WAIT WHAAAAT? I done extension for two weeks at the start of year 11 but had to also do extension english to make it 12 units. So basically, will they still let me in? I mean I just finished first term of year 12 and would like to do extension maths. How are they going to teach me prelim and hsc so fast? Is it possible or am I too late? Honesly regret not doing extension maths. Is it possible for me to pick it up now?
It is not too late. Tafe does year 11 and 12 in one year but at an extremely fast pace compared to school. So you can still pick it up at the start of 2015 although you've missed the whole lot in 2014.

HSCExposed

HSC
It is not too late. Tafe does year 11 and 12 in one year but at an extremely fast pace compared to school. So you can still pick it up at the start of 2015 although you've missed the whole lot in 2014.
No way? So basically I can do the HSC course and do my HSC next year like everyone else? If they do it really fast, would we have time for revision and also actually prepare for upcoming exams? Also, can I do any subject? Or just maths?

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
No way? So basically I can do the HSC course and do my HSC next year like everyone else? If they do it really fast, would we have time for revision and also actually prepare for upcoming exams? Also, can I do any subject? Or just maths?
Yes you can. You can basically do it for any subject. But usually they put 3u and 4u maths after school hours. Whereas the other subjects mostly are doing school hours so it'll clash with school.

DavidL

HSC
Btw, for other subjects like physics, chemistry and so on, you would have to see does the timetable at tafe fits your school timetable. Other than that, 3u and 4u maths are definitely offered at night time which doesn't clash with your school hours.
You can do these subjects through OTEN, as long as you finish the preliminary course before the 28th February 2015.

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
You can do these subjects through OTEN, as long as you finish the preliminary course before the 28th February 2015.
You can do it through OTEN. But it's not recommended. It's really difficult and there's barely any support from the teachers.

DavidL

HSC
You can do it through OTEN. But it's not recommended. It's really difficult and there's barely any support from the teachers.
I will be studying economics through OTEN next year. I will have a one-on-one lesson with an economics teacher at my local TAFE each week. I hope it goes well!

HSCExposed

HSC
I will be studying economics through OTEN next year. I will have a one-on-one lesson with an economics teacher at my local TAFE each week. I hope it goes well!
I really want to do Economics but have not done preliminary or anything. Could I still do it? How would I do it? I've checked the time table for Granville TAFE and have only seen Modern History, SSD and Extension Maths outside school hours. There's not Economics.

DavidL

HSC
I really want to do Economics but have not done preliminary or anything. Could I still do it? How would I do it? I've checked the time table for Granville TAFE and have only seen Modern History, SSD and Extension Maths outside school hours. There's not Economics.
Granville TAFE does not offer economics but there are economics teachers there, I can only assume that there aren't the numbers for an economics class. You can study both the preliminary and HSC economics courses through OTEN, but you must be finished with the preliminary course by the 28th February if you want to do the HSC economics exam in 2015.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think this varies from school to school.

Whenever I have had a student doing a subject through OTEN or any other out of school set up where they also needed an in-school contact my school has ensured that the relevant teacher is giving support and guidance as well so that the student is actually getting two people giving them advice.

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
I think this varies from school to school.

Whenever I have had a student doing a subject through OTEN or any other out of school set up where they also needed an in-school contact my school has ensured that the relevant teacher is giving support and guidance as well so that the student is actually getting two people giving them advice.
That's very lucky of your school. Unfortunately many people who do Oten are ill supported and can't access any help in school. Or even worse for those enrolled full time in OTEN. They just stay at home and have to figure out everything by themselves. The only help they get is to fork out $$$ to get tutors outside to help them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)