subject selection regrets.. (1 Viewer)

Reubics Cube

HSC
i wouldnt have done hospitality....its such a waste of time...we miss 2 weeks of school -1 in yr 11 and 1 in yr 12 coz of work placement which has taught me absolutly nothing....i would have done society and culture instead!

HSC
N/A
Nah, I love all my subjects. Which makes it incredibly difficult to find one to drop. So I find myself simultaneously trying to juggle 13 units and a life, but kicking myself for doing it all the same. And unable to decide on which to drop. :(

Pretty stupid, I know.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
-WaxingLyrical- said:
Nah, I love all my subjects. Which makes it incredibly difficult to find one to drop. So I find myself simultaneously trying to juggle 13 units and a life, but kicking myself for doing it all the same. And unable to decide on which to drop. :(

Pretty stupid, I know.
I reckon I will be placed in your situation next year by the look of my results. :mad:

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
Literally, I would have considered / definitely chosen;

- Chemistry (perhaps).
- Japanese Continuers / Extension (definitely).
- Mathematics (definitely).
- Extension 1 Mathematics (definitely).
- Extension 2 Mathematics (perhaps)

Last edited:

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
If I could go back in time I would have NEVER selected IPT.
It's deceptive.
It seems easy but there is just so much content + a major work, and I can't be effed learning about the different ways files are transmitted and stored.
I don't know what I would have picked instead, though.

HSC
i'm thinking i should have done economics instead of ancient history, italian extension and english extension 1 (and maybe two) rather than business. it kinda sucks that i'm irritated with 2 of my 5 subjects, but it's not like i can change it now...

zoeanne

HSC
I would go back and Drop Biology in a heart Beat.. I totally Hate the subject.. (and yer i guess it doesnt help the stuff around we have had with science teachers at out school)
ARGGG :bomb:

crankDAT91

HSC
iM PRETTY HAPPY WiTH MY SUBJECTS.
COS THERE SO EASY.
BUT iF i COULD GO BACK.. iD DROP ANCiENT.
AND DO..HMM..DNT KNOW!

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

MTP

HSC
i kinda regret not going to general maths earlier on in year 12, as well as not dropping economics. I also shoulda dropped to general english as well... ohh well.

blueskies

HSC
If i could go back, I'd absolutely SCRAP Society and Culture and do Japanese Beginners instead. I'd probably also consider Senior Science (or try to gather a class because we didn't have enough people for it).

Other than that, all i can do now is just try my best.

TSBRAH

HSC
DROP SOCIETY AND CULTURE!!!! its the devil seriously :angry:
Id be living life broo if i didnt do it
the assignments are a pain in the ass especially the PIP
also ancient kinda sucks as well

jaggy snake

HSC
I applied for Extension 2 maths and would've got in, but decided not to at the last minute because of workload. Every now and then I think I maybe should have done it... but then I remember how I'd have to have done it after school since they do it when I have ext.english, and how freaked out I get when I don't get something in extension 1 :)

captain planet.

ELLLEBAMO.
HSC
i wish i knew more about scaling etc before i picked.
i hate community and family studies. its a bull subject where you learn worthless crap. and it scales badly. i also wished i picked up extension english 2, and am regretting it extremely right now. i only didnt do it cos i only had 2 frees a fortnight and i wanted them. totttal regret as i love the course my schools doing now and i know i would went ok.
frustrating lol.

HSC
blueskies said:
If i could go back, I'd absolutely SCRAP Society and Culture and do Japanese Beginners instead. I'd probably also consider Senior Science (or try to gather a class because we didn't have enough people for it).

Other than that, all i can do now is just try my best.
OMFG im exactly like you!!( except im an oh9er lol) I absolutlety HATE society, it sucks, i wish i didnt listen to the bad people who told me to do that over jap beginners...i wish i was doing that :( :( :(
and im stuck doing physics coz we couldnt have senior science either!!

Oh well, i think its too late to swap now for me too...:(
Good luck with society in ur HSC this year!! :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
madd-eh? said:
Physics is the best.
So much better then so many other subjects.
karnage said:
Interesting stuff in physics aye.
Because HSC Physics is now a joke compared to decades ago.

TSBRAH said:
DROP SOCIETY AND CULTURE!!!! its the devil seriously :angry:
Id be living life broo if i didnt do it
the assignments are a pain in the ass especially the PIP
also ancient kinda sucks as well
HSC has been creating dodgy subjects and has modified subjects to sub-standard levels.

jaggy snake said:
I applied for Extension 2 maths and would've got in, but decided not to at the last minute because of workload. Every now and then I think I maybe should have done it... but then I remember how I'd have to have done it after school since they do it when I have ext.english, and how freaked out I get when I don't get something in extension 1 :)
If you want to be an Engineer or an Actuary then it would help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)