Suggestions For Related Text - Common Mod: Text and Human Experience (1 Viewer)

amdspotter

HSC
Hey there, I have an upcoming multimodal to do for the common module. Schools doing 1984 by george orwell but the multimodal needs to be on a related text, with some connections to 1984. If possible can anyone provide suggestions for a related text?

quickoats

HSC
Metropolis (Fritz Lang) used to be paired with 1984 in the old syllabus but tbh it’s best if you do a poem or something lol

notme123

HSC
pedestrian is a short and sweet short story. if you want to do a movie v for vendetta is good. the unknown citizen by auden if you want to do poetry

Last edited:

DheerChoudhury

HSC
Hey there, I have an upcoming multimodal to do for the common module. Schools doing 1984 by george orwell but the multimodal needs to be on a related text, with some connections to 1984. If possible can anyone provide suggestions for a related text?
The Color Purple (film) was a nice and easy related text that I did with 1984.

yanujw

HSC
Is it true that it is recommended to do a related text that is a different medium to the prescribed text? I've heard that it allows for more technical analysis.

DheerChoudhury

HSC
Is it true that it is recommended to do a related text that is a different medium to the prescribed text? I've heard that it allows for more technical analysis.
Yeah, that's what my tutor advised. Personally, it was enjoyable to revisit filmic techniques, as it had been a while since I'd done them, and because it's certainly easier than a book.

amdspotter

HSC
pedestrian is a short and sweet short story. if you want to do a movie v for vendetta is good. the unknown citizen by auden if you want to do poetry
Oh thanks a lot m8 for the suggestions really appreciate it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)