Suicide (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
taxitonowhere said:
Why indeed? Very sad stuff -- even moreso because of the untapped potential there. I think suicide in general is very frustrating, because the killer and the victim are both in one, and you can see that in this topic people are seeing her as one or the other, or both.

I know personally, I could never do it, because I look forward too much to seeing what tomorrow holds. Regardless, my condolences to the family and friends....

Mmmm I agree with you. I share the same sentiments. It is indeed something really tragic and upsetting. No one knows why really... these things happen but they do and it's something that does need to be further addressed, particularly in our adolescent years... when we're most susceptible to emotional influence.

I had a look at a few comments on her myspace, she'd made plans for schoolies and new years.... :(

All my condolescences with Lily's family and friends.
Rest in Peace Lil
xxx

Last edited:

Desi_kudi

HSC
May her soul rest in peace.....this is sooo horribleee ***cries***

=smashly=

HSC
that is terrible...:(
last yr my friend fell victim to suicide right after our yr 11 exams...
its a horrible thing to do and its not worth it over stupid things like exams when theres so much more out there in the world. the impact it has on students and people in general is massive, but we will all grow in time and it will make us stronger than we were before.

my sympathy's to the girls family and friends..

Zephyrio

HSC
Okay.

Every one here, bar a few, should stop assuming that Lil committed suicide because of the HSC. I think that it is very rare for some one to take their own life solely because of the pressure of the HSC.

Secondly, every one should stop judging her, saying that she's "selfish". Until you have put yourself into her shoes and any person who has committed suicide's shoes, then you should not be so insensitive as to call her selfish. This is simply unfair. Sure, some of you may think that committing suicide is the most selfish thing a person can do, but, opinions differ and she reacted in a way which she thought best, and we must do our best to respect her decision.

I'm by no means saying that suicide is right - I think that all those who are going to consider that option should seek help immediately. I think that every one needs to see the big picture and see that the HSC is but a mere, little obstacle in the grand scheme of things.

To Lil:
I didn't know you, nor will I ever. But no hard feelings okay? I'm sure you're hurting just as much as those who love you. Rest in peace.

And for those who are really upset... My friend died too, last year... just let it all out... please...

cagedflame

HSC
lil was such a great person. Nobody ever expected for this to happen, our school was devostated.

She was pretty, much loved and very popular.

I can remember her in year seven. Always fun, loving and easy going.

It was shocking to turn up to school that morning to hear the errie silence the whole school was under.

I heard the news from my brother the night before. the news travelled so quickly i thought it was some sort of sick joke, i didnt want to beleive it. can you imagine getting to sleep that night?!! right before this exam that i had been working towards all year, it seemed almost worthless. fucking hsc the fucking root of all problems, nobody deserved to be put under so much pressure. it does NOT determine the rest of your life.

as soon as i walked into school, i saw people crying. so many people in the school were affected by her death she was well known around the school.

We all lined up to go into the exam, it was hard to concerntrate when one of your classmates for six years just went like that. you sort of expect them to walk into the exam room late, but it never happened. walking out of the exam room, some of the girls broke down. it was just too much to take.

afterwards, we all prayed for lil and her family. some of the other schools sent councillors yo help out with everyone.

i never thought anything like this would ever happen to our school.

our grade has gone through so much already, with another of our students leaving due to cancer.

it pains me so much that this has happened. lil i wish you could come back. i wish there was something any of us could have done to stop this from happening.

lil, rest in peace babe. you know you will always be missed, always much loved forever.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
goodrobo said:
Pay your respects to a great person that didnt deserve to leave us ilke she did.
The Board of Studies makes me sick making profits off tens of thousands of kid's misery each year. Way over half of each years HSC candidates will be dissapointed with their marks, the system is corrupt and barbaric. I'm not going to go into it and i dont want any moron quoting me.
The board of corruption doesnt do anything effective to help kids out with their angst towards the HSC; honestly who the hell ever read those magazines?
Shame on the board of studies for what they have created - each decade of HSC precedes itself in competitiveness. Why not get assigned to universities like so many countries do around the world?
Im not making any edits and not replying to any quotes im too furious with this whole thing. Look at her! Did she deserve to die? f.uck the board of studies to hell
lol

HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
there should be no hsc.

just an iq test. dumb people go where they do, and smart people where they need to. simple and efficient.
But people would still suicide. There will still be an enormous amount of pressure on some people to do well in such a test. It will still be a test which, in some people's minds, will determine the direction of their long term future/career. It could possibly be even more stressful if it was just one exam. If you stuff up one exam in the HSC you still have a decent chance to do well in the rest of your exams...whereas if it's just one, you're under a lot more pressure.

Anyway. This is sad, but it happens every year.

T

Testpilot

The_Apprentice said:
But people would still suicide.
f3nr15 said:
Did she suicide because she devoter literally her remaining time to study ?
Please people stop using suicide as a verb. You COMMIT suicide.

yal14h

HSC
Suicide is selfish.

Suicide is the easy way out: instead of trying to work out their problems, they kill themselves. If your dead you don't have to deal with any problems.

There is always hope.

The Board of Studies is not to blame. There are much, much more strenuous exams in other nations. The HSC is optional. Stop whinging about it.

You only stress as much as you let yourself stress.

If you want to kill yourself just over the HSC, then fuck you. You don't deserve to live, you selfish cunt.

Personally, I find the other student who passed away due to cancer as a real tragedy, because they stood no chance. This chick could've done anything and everything to solve her problems, but she disregarded the preciousness of life and threw it all away. She stood a chance- the cancer patient didn't.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Think about that one, then contemplate suicide.

madcat939

HSC
Bookie said:
there should be no hsc.

just an iq test. dumb people go where they do, and smart people where they need to. simple and efficient.
that would be the day i would be glad to go to school

^^And 'laughter' to the person who said suicide was a verb and getting served by the user below his quote. Though i can't express laughter at this moment in time.^^^

ANd i do agree with the user who called the board of studies, the board of corruption. It's all true they are trying to push people into different industries by lowering or highering the standard of each paper every year 'competitiveness'. You never have the choice to choose your career. You may want to be a builder, a doctor or even a peace keeper. But not only is your choice determined by what UAI u get, but how much does that job pay in comparision to another and when you do go into that industry are you satisfying your ambitions in life.

Todays, Saturday the 21st of October we have at least 6 exams remaining. I reckon in recongition of "lil's" death we should write at the end of our exam papers.

R.I.P Lil... 19/10/06

this will be noticed by the bored of studies and they will recognise that a person's life is worth more than a UAI..
If u think its lame think about it, you can't get marked down for it if its not on the lines of the boardofstudies paper and its only a few letters, plus wat happens if it happens to someone you know how would you feel. Maybe your thinking your friends aren't that stuiped to do it, but how well do you know your friends.

yal14h

HSC
Mate thats the worst idea I've ever read on the internet.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
madcat939 said:
Todays, Saturday the 21st of October we have at least 6 exams remaining. I reckon in recongition of "lil's" death we should write at the end of our exam papers.

R.I.P Lil... 19/10/06
She died on my friend's birthday, whose party I will be attending tomorrow.
My bday today, and totally not in the mood to celebrate in this thread.
Maybe your thinking your friends aren't that stuiped to do it, but how well do you know your friends.
It's always safer to look over your friends regardless of how close they are to you. Setting aside extra time for them and knowing they're well is much better than knowing that you could've done more, as a friend they can lean on when required.

madcat939

HSC
yal14h said:
Mate thats the worst idea I've ever read on the internet.
yeh maybe we should change the hsc to an IQ test.
But for u ....there won't be any difference between ure IQ and ure UAI

madcat939

HSC
all government bodies are linked even council bodies. Our country was in top 20 for most corrupt.

studd693

HSC
reading this bulletin would have to be the lowest point of the year.
I feel so upset but i didn't even know the girl. I feel for her family and friends.
A person young and so much to offer the world gone. My Prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends.

bickie

HSC
yal14h said:
Suicide is selfish.

Suicide is the easy way out: instead of trying to work out their problems, they kill themselves. If your dead you don't have to deal with any problems.

There is always hope.

The Board of Studies is not to blame. There are much, much more strenuous exams in other nations. The HSC is optional. Stop whinging about it.

You only stress as much as you let yourself stress.

If you want to kill yourself just over the HSC, then fuck you. You don't deserve to live, you selfish cunt.

Personally, I find the other student who passed away due to cancer as a real tragedy, because they stood no chance. This chick could've done anything and everything to solve her problems, but she disregarded the preciousness of life and threw it all away. She stood a chance- the cancer patient didn't.

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Think about that one, then contemplate suicide.
you are an asshole who has no idea what they are talking about, get your facts straight then come back with some other stupid opinion.

R.I.P Lily
I hope you find what you were looking for and realise how much everyone loved you
you'll never be forgotten
oxox

~Sw33ti3~

hate uni.... but why :S
HSC
condolence to her family and friends.
it is horrible. she is so pretti, and she is gone...
screw the hsc... does BOS know wat it does to ppl now???????

i swear there is so much stress.....
stop saying bad things about her, if a person has walked to the end of a road and sees nothing and could only take their life, it is a very sad and horrible thing.

whereever u are, although i dunno u and never will know u, but RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)