Suicide (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
If you really wanted to show your condolescences you wouldn't do it over an internet forum, half of you have no connection to her whatsoever and are trying to provide justification for suicide. I agree with Bookie it's stupid and personally I find it selfish.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Re: How sad...she committed suicide yesterday :(

misstoyou said:
How can you presume to know what is inside another person? You have never even met Lily but you saw fit to post this without due consideration to the people who knew and loved her, who browse this site and could come across your arrogant views. Every person has their breaking point; that does not place you above or below Lily, she reacted to her situation as she saw fit, we will never know what prompted her action but it is not for you to judge. This is a terrible time for the people who knew Lily without you publishing your self-righteous opinions.
You my friend are a very arrogant individual. Just because someone is dead doesnt mean we shouldnt criticise them. The arguement that we dont know about her motivations doesnt hold water either, the same is true for lots of things in life so we make our assumptions. If he is to have consideration for her family, why didnt she have some consideration in the first place? she musnt have given a shit about her family to just end her life like that. Think about how they must be feeling.

In my opinion, if you cant cope with the HSC then you probably should kill yourself, because if you are stressing out about a couple of little exams you will find the real world far too intimidating. Uni basically has the HSC exams twice a year, there is heaps more at stake in job interviews and stuff, atleast with the HSC if you bomb out you can do it again.

Life is tough, get over it or get out of the race.

sasquatch

HSC
I agree with both Serius and sunjet, which i guess is obvious from my other posts. But wm_abusef, if your your so "preisty" you should be shunning her actions - god gave her life, and she ungreatfully took her own life. So your very much a hypocrite.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Guys, please be careful with what you say on this topic.

This is not an abstract or hypothetical situation. Real people are involved.

The friends and family of this girl are completely distraught and are still grieving.

It happens to be the case that they are aware of this thread and have unfortunately been further distressed by some of the comments made.

Please keep your posts in this thread to expressions of condolence and try to shift any substantive discussion to other threads.

It would be a kindness to the people affected if you could treat this matter delicately and with respect.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC

It is her profile, someone could have just gone on her computer and it logged her in automatically (i have my password saved on my myspace).
Elizabeth was a beautiful girl and I only really remember her as a great Irish dancer.. but she had alot to live for and I'm sure the HSC was not the sole cause.
My prayers go to her friends and family.
Gosh that grade has been through alot.. my friend who has a sister in that grade at the school.. had her father die recently and I saw around 20 of girls from the grade at the funeral. And also someone mentioned about someone else leaving because of cancer..
Hope OLMC Year 12 06 finds strength in each other to keep going.

taxitonowhere

HSC

^^^^ Totally, they've really had it stacked against them. The end is in sight at least. Then there will be some much needed time to de-pressurise.

Tubmiester

HSC

they said there were two suicides, was there second somewhere else, or was i misinformed?

neva~endn~story

HSC
it is such a shame that lives are lost at such a young age i remember finding out that my friend had past away it was very hard for me at the time as it was the first of many funerals i attended now every couple of months i hear someone has died... the only thing we can do is pray for her soul to rise in heaven and be with god, and remember that they are in a better place now and that they will always be in our hearts and thoughts no matter what life throws at us... so to all of the people that have recieved bad news about a person that has past away just remember people are always there for you in needy times

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Lazarus said:
Guys, please be careful with what you say on this topic.

This is not an abstract or hypothetical situation. Real people are involved.

The friends and family of this girl are completely distraught and are still grieving.

It happens to be the case that they are aware of this thread and have unfortunately been further distressed by some of the comments made.

Please keep your posts in this thread to expressions of condolence and try to shift any substantive discussion to other threads.

It would be a kindness to the people affected if you could treat this matter delicately and with respect.
whatever laz, i respect your opinion but i DO NOT respect suicide. I will however be as delicate as i can.

What are we supposed to do? dance around the issue like it doesnt exist? alot of us have experienced depression before, and a few of us have friends who have killed themselves. Ignoring it is like saying it doesnt even matter but depression kills, plain and simple.

I feel bad for her friends and family and i am sure in the long run they would prefer us to help others deal with reality rather than just sugar coat this and let what it means fade into obscurity.

if the issue is about only expressing condolences rename the thread to something more appropriate, everyone is under the impression it is about suicide during the HSC.

If you ever need help dealing with something, dont be afraid to ask

rainbow.

HSC
sasquatch said:
How can you not say someone committing suicide is not selfish. Experiencing the pain of somebody elses death, especially someone as close to you, like a child, mother, father, brother, sister, etc. is the worst form of pain you can experience. So inflicting that to those around you is fucken selfish as hell. People need to realise that sometimes they need to go through fucken rough times and that.. Say your mother is raising a family by herself, with little income, etc. obviously she would be fucken unhappy. But for her to commit suicide, without think of the saftey/future of her kids is fucken selfish. Same applies to this girl who decided to take her own life. She didnt stop to think of the impact her death would place on others.

If everyone who felt upset committed suicide, we would have mom, dad, brother, sister, the family dog, all committing suicide after one member of the family commited suicide, because they were "all depressed".

Fuck you to that bitch who said depression is a medical condition, and it is life threatening. Have you ever seen someone die before you from cancer for over a year. Your a fucken retard. Comparing some pissy bitch who would get a UAI of 30, to those dying of cancer.. even if she got abused - physically/sexually, how can you compare that to dying slowly for fucken years you bitch.

She was the one who decided to take her own life, i know the impact of greiving with death, but fuck random fucks like you who dont even know her.. you try to make yourselves look good by saying "oh my heart goes out..blah blah blah" when you dont even really give a shit.

So shut the fuck up you depression bitch, and make sure you know what the fuck your talking about before you make a post.
Actually, I do not what I'm talking about.

I know a few people who have beat cancer, as well as two who have died from it. I've also lost a family friend to suicide. It happened when I was a lot younger and at the time I did think it was incredibly selfish, I mean he had a wife and a young child to look after. I was just a naive little kid though. The reality is he had depression and it destroyed him, he was just a shell of the person he had been before he got sick. When he made the decision to end his life he was very sick, it's not something he would have done if he was in control of his thoughts.

I have a friend who was hospitalised for depression and PSTD this year, she tried to kill herself a number of times. She was in there for months and was only discharged recently, don't try to tell me that it isn't a medical condition when I know the hell she's been through. There is a difference between feeling down and "unhappy" due to problems going on in your life and having Depression. It's a mental ILLNESS and someone who has absolutely no "problems" in life can still suffer from depression. Anyone can get it, just like anyone can get cancer or any of other illness. You can't blame them for it anymore than you can blame someone who is physically sick. I'm chronically ill myself and I know how terrible it is when your body is falling apart and there's nothing you can do about it, I can't even imagine how it must feel when you're out of control of your own mind. Mental illness is equally as real and serious as any physical illness. I'm not saying that suicide is right, it's not, it's a tragedy that anyone should have to experience so much pain that they'd end their own life.

Have a look at www.beyondblue.com and www.ybblue.com.au and www.anikiafoundation.com. Educate yourself a little and stop being so close minded. It's the stigma surrounding mental illness - created by people like you - that as I said before, prevents people from getting help. That's the real tragedy. You just can't compare one person's condition and say its worse than anothers. You're just trivialising a serious medical condition that you obviously know very little about.

blond_e

HSC
tako said:
Being a moron should be classified as a medical condition to make those who are morons (ie: you) feel better.
Tako, you're an idiot. Go back to your E-child raver forum please.

BTW, you're not a "lad" so get over it. you're NOT cool

sallyr

HSC
i didn't know lil, but i know some girls from olmc and just for the record her death wasn't entirely hsc related

so let's all stop blaming the board of studies, cursing the hsc, calling her act selfish and what not.

God rest her soul.

berra

HSC
uhm, dus ne1 noe y she actually did it?
like seriously, therz no explanation, n by the looks of it, shes pretty energetic n positive...

i cnt help but think it was a murder or sumthing...

taxitonowhere

HSC
Let's not turn this into something it isn't, and that's a conspiracy. From the sounds of it, it's well understood that it was exactly as reported, don't try to make it any more dramatic than it already is.

berra

HSC
taxitonowhere said:
Let's not turn this into something it isn't, and that's a conspiracy. From the sounds of it, it's well understood that it was exactly as reported, don't try to make it any more dramatic than it already is.
i cudnt find ne info bout y she actually did it, n thats y i voiced my opinion. im not tryna create conspiracy, and im not tryna make it dramatic.... its already as dramatic as it can get... but ne1 in their ryt mind wud think of such a thing, since she 'appears' to be mentally healthy, but i dnno if thats true.. and im not tying 2 imply that she was crazy, but since they claim that it's suicide... there must have been sumthing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)