Summer Holidays Chatter Thread 09-10 (1 Viewer)

Uncle

Banned
HSC
does the food court at mathews open in summer?

It's quite annoying to see every tutorial slot I want already filling up when my enrolment doesn't open until the 16th. Looks like I have to jigsaw the undesirable times into something acceptable...
THIS.
people just pick the first tutorial slot even though the other tutorial slots are held at the same time for no reason.
i havent had a chance to enrol in a certain course and my desired tutorial slot only has 2 places left since enrolment opened yesterday.
holy shit 3rd years are fast.

onholidays

HSC
@OJ: Well, my term WAM fell short of the threshold by 1 mark. :( However, I spoke to UNSW asking them to consider that my last sem's wam was almost a credit. I probably have a chance and if they decide not to, well, I'm still going to fight for it because I feel that it is unfair. I have some arguments backed up.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yea uncle, matthews food court should be open during summer sesh courses (which are currently running).

and onholidays, you fell short, so you may not make it, BUT you do day that you have misadventure stuff, so there may be a chance, so keep fighting for it and hopefully you'll make it!

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Graduated this year and finally got my first job with my industrial design degree....it's for a packaging design company. The pay is not that good but I just want the experience :D

onholidays

HSC
Congrats! What do you want to ultimately do in the future?

Are job prospects good for Industrial design graduates?

click here

to see my profile
HSC
Well some of the areas I would like to work in are exhibition design, toy design, clothing, and designing electronic products. It's a pretty diverse field, that's the good thing about the course.

But unfortunately, yeah it is pretty hard to find jobs (especially in Australia as our design industry is crap) so yeah I got lucky. My marks at uni weren't that great either lol.

hero.

HSC
N/A
Well some of the areas I would like to work in are exhibition design, toy design, clothing, and designing electronic products. It's a pretty diverse field, that's the good thing about the course.

But unfortunately, yeah it is pretty hard to find jobs (especially in Australia as our design industry is crap) so yeah I got lucky. My marks at uni weren't that great either lol.
Were you extensive in extra curricular activities?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
boo to the employers who haven't gotten back to me yet.! >.<

onholidays

HSC
Hey guys!

I know noone really cares but Update with my academic issues: I got a PC in the subject I was pining for! And I passed everything else, so I don't have to repeat! Although repeating wouldn't have been that bad either since they offered to wipe my Fail from my transcript if I repeated. I was like no thanks, i'll take the PC!

whew, what a close call. Never making such a big mess of my semester again!

As for enrolments, I get to enrol tomorrow. on the last day. how much does that suck? Hopefully since it is the last day, traffic won't be as congested.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
i just enrolled and had no problems with traffic at all

Justina

HSC
I haven't been able to enrol yet! I don't even have an enrollment appointment up...
I called the student center the other day and they said I should be able to enroll on Monday (yesterday) but it hasn't worked.
I think it's too late to call today, I'll try call again tomorrow.
Hope all the good classes don't get filled up! One of the subjects I want to do has less than 10 places left! >.<

If there are no classes up on the handbook for a certain subject does that mean the subject is not running next sem? I'm kinda screwed if that's the case b/c I can't do any other subjects for that major because of prerequisites...

Last edited:

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
MY enrolment took less than 15 minutes!:) though i planned the timetable beforehand.
Previously it can take up to 3 hours before completing enrolment.
And congrat onholidays!!

Justina, if you're doing Bcomm wouldn't you have to do gened? and I think you have some free options too? Why would you be screwed?

Last edited:

missanonymous7

Secretive Member
HSC
If there are no classes up on the handbook for a certain subject does that mean the subject is not running next sem? I'm kinda screwed if that's the case b/c I can't do any other subjects for that major because of prerequisites...
It might depend on the message that's shown when you click 'View Timetable'. If it says "The selected course is currently not recorded as offered in 2010", then yeah, it's probably not running next semester. (I have experienced this way too many times to count, in terms of 'planning' my degree over the full three-and-a-half years :mad1: They keep cancelling half the courses I wanted to do!)

If it says it's offered in S1 next year, but there are no actual lectures / tutes listed, then I dunno what's going on there, and perhaps you should email/phone the head of the school offering that course to ask them what's wrong. Since people are enrolling in courses now, there should be a list of all the available classes in the handbook now.

Edit: UNLESS the course in question is a relatively unpopular / unique course that very few people enrol in. I found the handbook was basically never updated for science communication courses, for example, and had to be manually enrolled.

Last edited:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
haha i love how this 'summer holidays chitchat' thread has essentially turned into a 'enrolling into S1 '10' thread.

woo! hope you're all enjoying the lovely sunshine!!!!!! *JEALOUS*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)