Summerland (1 Viewer)

Althea

I watched it... it was average and yes, very predictable.
What struck me was that Ava (?) really only seemed to be affected by the death of her sister when she saw the photo of her... than after that she seemed entirely over it :rolleyes:.
Anyway, it seems OK, so I might watch a few more episodes before I go all judgemental because I have heard somewhere that it was a quite a success in the US.
And yes, how weird does the Aussie accent sound around Americans - so out of place and put on :)!
And to someone who mentioned it earlier - I think that guy is cute... not Vinnie, the other one... at least one good reason to watch... :).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Summerland, haha, its a summer thing, means no ratings, not much faith there :)

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Merethrond said:
I thought it was on at 8:30 PM for some reason, so I missed the first fifteen minutes:(. Could someone please tell me what happened in that time:)? I just watched it for something to do because it didn't really appeal to me in the previews but I thought I would give it a go. I thought it was just OK. It was quite predictable and corny but that may change after the parents death plot has been dealt with. So I will probably give it a go for the next few weeks:).
Just showed Lori Loughlin in her house in california, and the kids with their parents in the farm. Girl gets present from Aunt Lori which are tix backstage and the mother isnt impressed coz its a school night. Basically establishing Lori is the cool aunt, and the parents are a little hostile. Then Lori and her black friend have amazing line designs for clothes, and Lori is being verbally sexually harassed by her boss, and then quits.

Then Parents die. Lori goes to Farm. Lori finds out she's guardian. Kids find out Lori is new mother. They move to California. They have a massive orgy.

A Great eppy :)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Silverstone said:
Just showed Lori Loughlin in her house in california, and the kids with their parents in the farm. Girl gets present from Aunt Lori which are tix backstage and the mother isnt impressed coz its a school night. Basically establishing Lori is the cool aunt, and the parents are a little hostile. Then Lori and her black friend have amazing line designs for clothes, and Lori is being verbally sexually harassed by her boss, and then quits.

Then Parents die. Lori goes to Farm. Lori finds out she's guardian. Kids find out Lori is new mother. They move to California. They have a massive orgy.

A Great eppy :)
Thanks a lot Silverstone:).

pb

Inside The Hollow
HSC
I watched it cuz Jesse McCartney is in it lol
it was good
i told my friend that i think Jesse McCartney is cute
and he laughed at me
lol

HSC
and i didn't like the trailer for the next week. it had no music and was completely silent- it scared me greatly

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't watch raising helen and the trailer was odd

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I watched it, purely for the fact Lori Laughlin is in it (I was a major Full House fan), but unless it gets a lot better extremely quickly, I doubt I will continue watching it.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
raising helen's a movie...kinda recent....one of the millions i havent seen yet lol

i saw the show....the little girl is such a snob! just caus her parents are dead doesnt mean she needs to take over her mum's role....thats what her aunt's for
& ryan sounds so bad...as other people've said...its like he's putting on an aussie accent...& he looks really scruffy...not a good look at all...what happened to the cute ryan from h&a!! he looked really good back then

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
the girl isn't being a snob, she knows her aunt is incapable and feels she has to do it herself. she wants to keep some normality.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
iambored said:
the girl isn't being a snob, she knows her aunt is incapable and feels she has to do it herself. she wants to keep some normality.
fine then......she seems snobby....like how her aunt tried to be nice to her & she just chucks it all back in her face....& how she tries to 'control' her bros (like her mum probably did)..eg. the pizza.."not just before dinner"

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah i know what you mean but she's hurting a lot, she can't deal with it and she can't deal with what her aunt said to her or with the new situation. i think she wants her mum back and so is trying to keep it like she's there. also it's not like she'd just want to let everything she has been taught slip. my opinion.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
iambored said:
I think she is acting as she is because she is in denial and maybe thinks that if she continues her mum will come back or something. I don't know what is going though her head:p.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
iambored said:
yeah i know what you mean but she's hurting a lot, she can't deal with it and she can't deal with what her aunt said to her or with the new situation. i think she wants her mum back and so is trying to keep it like she's there. also it's not like she'd just want to let everything she has been taught slip. my opinion.
you think too much!!!!

heheheh
joke

nah i get what you mean....good point

babez_hamp

HSC
N/A
i wanna know how the little boy could sit in the tree for so many hours without anyone realising he was actually missing..........

Fry

mmm_sofay said:
heath ledgers accent sounded similar in 10things. well thats what i thought. maybe becuase its the only aussie accent surrounded by american accents that make it sound fake or put on.
yeah, that's definitely it. like before there was this American woman on Home & Away and her accent sounded so odd against all the Aussie accents and when Guy Sebastian was on American Idol, his accent seemed so fake even though that's the way he normally talks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)