superficial things turining you off a relationship (1 Viewer)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Agnes2810 said:
yeh lol... but i cant either... it just doesnt work
What a load of shite. It's not that big a deal. Unless you feel insecure with being seen with them in public, in which case it's quite clear you are in a relationship for all the wrong reasons.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
but like we know its superficial.. but we cant help it... like srsli i wont go out with a guy who is like shorter than me.... i just feel if i do, i am dating an underaged boy and not a man.. haha

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
what if the guy was shorted but he had heaps of wrinkles (for not using anti aging creme when he was younger) ? like heaps visible ones? :p

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
truly-in-bliss said:
but like we know its superficial.. but we cant help it... like srsli i wont go out with a guy who is like shorter than me.... i just feel if i do, i am dating an underaged boy and not a man.. haha
yep we can't help it, its just our personal preference and I think theres nothing wrong with that :)

edit:but saying that, if his shorter then me and we are in love , i dont think it would really matter.But theres just something about tall guys :)

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ok what about this.... when you dated the lad, he was taller...
but now hes started to shrink (cuz you like older guys) you aint shrinking yet...
hows that?
hell i dont even know what im asking...
im a confuzzled little boy

Lundy

Banned
HSC
So lemme get this straight. If a guy is sweet, likeable, intelligent, but -gasp!-, he's an inch shorter than me, then sorry, it can't happen.

Being in such a situation, I honestly don't notice the difference in height. If you really care about the guy, you look past it without even giving it a second thought.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i gotta agree with the looks thing... as much as i dont want to seem shallow.... people rarely speak to other people whom they dont find attractive... i mean... its just a common fact

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Hey, we're onto height here buddy. Get with the program. :p

I'll also point out that if I wasn't in a relationship, then yes, I would say that I would prefer a taller guy, but that's completely different to just saying "no, I won't date a shorter guy." I don't believe in setting limits like that. I think it defeats the entire point of what a relationship should be about.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Orange Juice said:
i gotta agree with the looks thing... as much as i dont want to seem shallow.... people rarely speak to other people whom they dont find attractive... i mean... its just a common fact
and what if you did talk to them through coincidence or you were forced to in a tute and you really liked them?...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Lundy said:
So lemme get this straight. If a guy is sweet, likeable, intelligent, but -gasp!-, he's an inch shorter than me, then sorry, it can't happen.

Being in such a situation, I honestly don't notice the difference in height. If you really care about the guy, you look past it without even giving it a second thought.
the cold truth is that... a relationship consists of both emotional and physical attraction. The whole shrek thing is like 1 in a billion.

For most pplz, when they speak of physical attraction, it incldues the face, body blah blah, but for me, it's just height and nothing else.... and i personally think i am not asking for much.

like when i was young.. i was like u... looks dont matter.. personaltiy is the most important blah blah. though to some extent its correct, but everyone has their limits, for me, its height. I know its v superficial of me, but u must remember a relaitonship is also physical as well as emotional, so sometimes when the physical level doesnt work out, it doesnt matter how nice the guy is..... it's not gonna turn into a gf bf relationship. this is the truth.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
truley: when you were young? cmon im not like 15 here... im at uni too :p
and if the whole shrek thing is a one in a billion thing... that means ive got a chance with you *winks*

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
of course its abt prefering one above the other..... ie: taller guys over shorter guys...

but u do realise as cruel as this sounds....but there are plenty of fishes in the sea....
Orange Juice said:
truley: when you were young? cmon im not like 15 here... im at uni too :p
and if the whole shrek thing is a one in a billion thing... that means ive got a chance with you *winks*
sorry.. i didnt relaise ur in uni too.. what course and where? :p

trust me i am not all that... i am just an average first yr uni gal (who is 169cm tall ROFL... hahahah) :p

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Well as long as schoolgirls keep under my height i have a chance then

SCORE!

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
iambored said:
yeah i know what you're getting at. sometimes it's like, well if they're not exactly what i want, why shouldn't i keep 'fishing' for another.

but then if they're almost it and it's something superficial turning you off, then why not just settle there.
yup totally agree :p .... though the last bit is sorta pushing it.. but only in extreme circumstances.. dat i will not let height get in the way.. hahaha

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Its all about preferences, it'll change by the time we are all reaching 30's and looking for anything to grab onto. By that stage you dont worry about being picky, as mr or mrs 980 lines up and you grab on with all your might. Then you spend the rest of your years happy, thinking about how you didnt grab that number 1 pick.

sad but usually true.

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
of course its abt prefering one above the other..... ie: taller guys over shorter guys...

but u do realise as cruel as this sounds....but there are plenty of fishes in the sea....

sorry.. i didnt relaise ur in uni too.. what course and where? :p

trust me i am not all that... i am just an average first yr uni gal (who is 169cm tall ROFL... hahahah) :p
im actually at unsw doing the exact course your doing...
but i dont exactly stand a chance cuz im 142cm...(not exagerated) so im hoping for that one in a billion chance... *patiently waits*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)