Supervisors consistancy questions. (1 Viewer)

BloomyLove

HSC Hater
HSC
1, In paper two we were told NOT to specify whether we were in advanced or standard.
2, We had to write the name of our text we were refering to in the "exam name" section.
3, I read in another thread that people actually had to write their names on the paper?
4, is there some sort of training or manuel for supervisors to refer to in order to maintain consistancy.

Was your procedure the same?

D94

HSC
N/A
1, In paper two we were told NOT to specify whether we were in advanced or standard.
2, We had to write the name of our text we were refering to in the "exam name" section.
3, I read in another thread that people actually had to write their names on the paper?
4, is there some sort of training or manuel for supervisors to refer to in order to maintain consistancy.
1. I don't recall the directive for today, but for Paper 1, we were told not to specify. But, isn't the Advanced and Standard Modules different anyway, so they would know either way?
2. Yes.
3. Really? Sort of defeats the purpose of anonymity, although chances of your name being recognized is slim.
4. Yes. They standardize the marks, double marking, use of the senior marker, marking criteria etc.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
1. In Paper 2 we had to write: English (Advanced) 2 or English (Standard) 2.
2. We then had to write the name of the text we used on the front, they said anywhere would do.
3. They never mentioned anything to us other than only write your student number.
4. Good question! I have no idea.

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
1. Well, that's odd, it kinda says on the paper whether it's advanced or standard.
2. We did that too.
3. Yeah, they had retarded supervisors. We had our number and centre number, and they checked it (I know, because one of the other students forgot for their sheet and the supervisor picked it up).
4. Our ones read from sheets sometimes? Otherwise, I'm not sure if they've had any correct formal training (or have to take extra courses as the exam formats change).

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
One of the old lady supervisors tried to get me to write that I was in Standard, but I ignored her haha.
We got told to write down which text we were analysing - which I guess tells the marker which English we're in.
And as for writing your actual name on the paper, we've been told if you put anything other than your student number they don't mark it.

I'm fairly sure the supervisors have a list of things they're meant to do and say, or at least that's what our head supervisor has appeared to have had for each exams.

1. Well, that's odd, it kinda says on the paper whether it's advanced or standard.
I think she means on the writing booklets, not the question booklet

Last edited:

Exotic

HSC
1. We got told to specify whether were advanced or standard.
2. We also had to write the name of the section and text we were doing.
3. They never asked us to put our names down.
4. I reckon that they never got any formal training cos they are inconsistent. I ask one marker if i should put all my booklets together or separate, and on two different occasions i get different answers. They are slow and uncoordinated, it takes them around 30 mins to sign off the blue sheets and let us go, thats 30 mins in which half of us need to go toilet but cant so we just keep it in :)

jamesfirst

HSC
1. I wasn't told not to. But then again, I wasn't told to either.
2. Yes
3. No
4. Yes

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
You should never put your name on the paper but the supervisors might want it to check that they have your papers in the bundle before sending them away and they would then remove them (or it will be removed before it reaches the markers). Now that you mentioned it I have seen a centre with a large black blob on the front of the scripts so maybe it was a centre where the kids wrote their names and then the black texta was used to clearly remove that name.

The supervisors aren't markers by the way.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I wrote Adv on all my papers. The supervisors said nothing about it.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
1) We weren't told anything in regards to writing / not writing our level of english. I wrote it anyway.
2) We were also told to write the name of our prescribed text for that section on the front.
3) Nope, never told to write our names.
4) I would assume they've had some sort of training / instructions to what they need and can't do during the exams.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
1&2. We had to write our text and whether we were in advanced or standard for paper 2 but not for paper 1 but they could tell by the texts studied in paper 2 anyway.
3. No.
4. No idea.

michaeljennings

HSC
You should never put your name on the paper but the supervisors might want it to check that they have your papers in the bundle before sending them away and they would then remove them (or it will be removed before it reaches the markers).
For my business studies exam, they had my name, student number, school, centre number all printed on the front page of the booklet which was pretty odd, and it seems like someone went to a lot of effort, whereas in english we just handwrote it all.

Did anyone else have this?

TheWolfsLunch

HSC
For my business studies exam, they had my name, student number, school, centre number all printed on the front page of the booklet which was pretty odd, and it seems like someone went to a lot of effort, whereas in english we just handwrote it all.

Did anyone else have this?
I think this might be because English is much more subjective, whereas subjects like Business studies, if you're right you're right. In English however, some teachers might discriminate (consciously or subconsciously) based on name, school (private or public), etc etc.

michaeljennings

HSC
I think this might be because English is much more subjective, whereas subjects like Business studies, if you're right you're right. In English however, some teachers might discriminate (consciously or subconsciously) based on name, school (private or public), etc etc.
I suppose but in a way any humanity subject is subjective to an extent. I would understand if it was maths because thats truly objective

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)