Supp Texts - Inner (1 Viewer)

0ochello0

HSC
still waiting said:
I cant find the let it go leunig cartoon can anyone tell me where to find it please? it would be much appreciated thanks and also for those who did the footprints poem did you mean the one about the footprints in the sand and god carrying the guy?
i found alink with lots of leunig cartoons, and the "let it go" one...if any one had any good notes on it id love u foreva :) :)

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~kai/leunig.html

Schniz

HSC
Re: INNER JOURNEY movies, songs, poems, books

maybe "american beauty" (movie) or "cats in the cradle" by harry chapin (song)

tennille

HSC

Running Away by Delta Goodrem is great for Inner Journeys.

ediisjoz

HSC

i did:
Lyrics: Christina Aguillera - Fighter
&
Movie: Looking For Alibrandi

Looking For Alibrandi has the BEST quotes, i'd go with that!

Shivorken

HSC
thx for your help!

appreciate it =]

LottoX, do you think you can name one of Wordsworth's poems that is appropriate? I just lookd at the list of him poems and ... whoa ... o_O

Last edited:

eyetalian

HSC
N/A
Hey

with the supp texts for an essay including life is beautiful as the core text

are you looking for texts that triumph over adversity or simply have a relization.

Thanks

desmond.thai

HSC
TheCanuck said:
Sounds pretty good.

What exactly is a journey? How would you define physical, imaginative or inner journey?
A Journey is the process of embarking from a place and undertaking a process of movement, change or self-discovery that result in arriving at a different place.

A journey can be physical, taking you from one location to another; it can be emotional, taking you from one state of being to another; or it can be imaginative, taking you through ideas and abstractions so that you arrive at a state of understanding.

Miranda S

HSC
hey. i'm using vondie curtis-hall's Redemption: The Stanley Tookie Williams Story. great inner journey. lots of easy to pick up techniques- imagery, symbolism, close-ups, also, gr8 quotes, eg: "The core of it is an embedded sense of self-hate.... You need to obliterate those negative self images to rid yourself of that self-hate monster." plus, jamie foxx is gr8 as tookie.
also doing dunce et decorem est (looking for a new one. teacher's suggestion, not that awesome), i have a dream (king takes the whole of america on an inner journey)
looking at the man in the mirror, michael jackson. not sure yet? anyone think cast away's any good? haven't seen it yet. or once we were warriors...
thanks, m.

vyin

HSC
Hey how does End of Evangelion apply to inner journeys? Is it to do with Shinji's rejection of the human instrumentality project?, Asuka's "awakening"- proceeded with her downfall? Rei's rejection of Gendou? Ritsuko Akagi's downfall? And while i have ur attention, would Gundam Seed be a good text? Kira starts off weak and carrying no opinion, but as his "journey" takes him to different places(im not going to be specific, sorry) he gains more and more confidence, relisesing the amount of power he hold and what he needs to use that power for?

Last edited:

makemyangelfly

HSC

I'm doing Moulin Rouge - Baz Luhrmann film. Techniques are costume and setting. Satine's costume reflects her journey of self discovery, the setting does this as well but juxtaposes her private and public personas at the end forcing her to make them intertwine.

I'm also doing The First Wives Club (film) - techniques are costume and voice over. The costume at the beginning is black on all three women symbolising their bitterness, the jackets have closed buttons showing how closed they are. This, like in Moulin Rouge, is juxtaposed at the end of the film when their jackets are open and their outfits, while exactly the same in style, are white. This symbolises that they are now content despite their situations being roughly the same.

Hope this helps you! GOOD LUCK!!!

eat_that_staple

HSC
nwatts said:
I use The Motorycle Diaries (film, 2004 - Walter Salles), The Crucible (play, 1953 - Arthur Miller) and Amelie (film, 2001 - Jean-Pierre Jeunet). Often i'll use them with set-readings 'Blood on the Tracks' and 'The Town Where Time Stands Still'. The prescribed text I use is 'My Place' by Sally Morgan, which I hate, but is an excellent inner-journeys text.

I have great notes on The Motorcycle Diaries, so if you're familiar with the film you may be interested.

I've also used Donnie Darko (film, 2001 - Richard Kelly), however i'd advise against it. It features an incredibly complex narrative, that really needs to be explained in order for comments on the journey to surface. This means that you'll be wasting time writing content that won't get you any marks.
i'd love to have a look at yr noted on motorcycles diaries - it was a fantastic film and i have my trial hsc on monday (today is friday) and i don't really have any texts

Tasian gangsta

HSC

Remember the titans is great for collective inner journeys.
Or more specifically u could talk about the 2 main boyz and their brotherhood love that only fully develops after the car accident.

It helped me so hope this helps!
`jt

WikiLover89

HSC
I've just started and am wondering if i could use the books from the Scarecrow series by Matthew Reilly?

dressed2kill

HSC

Angela Anaconda, Bohemian Rhapsody, A Beautiful Mind, Drop Dead Fred (I did this and my english teacher loved it), Superman.

They were my sup texts. Hope it helped.

mishyma

HSC
Superman - Five for Fighting ?

Could some one be helpfull enough and explain its significance to inner journeys for me?

FiOnA241

HSC
Hey just starting to pick my texts for journeys someone mentioned you could do scrubs, just wondering if there was a particular episode that would be good to study for inner journeys?

CBaker

HSC
Hey, ive just started year 12 and we have a oral assessment on inner journeys. we have 2 pick 2 texts and talk about them. i have picked the book my sisters keeper by jodi picoult. But im not sure if it is inner journey..? has anyone read it n can help me?.. and also how do u find techniques to talk about that show inner journey in a whole book?..:rofl: thanks to anyone that can possibly help me!..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)