jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahahaha
absolutely <3 my sushi now.
not a big fan of sashimi though

HSC
N/A
Ah sushi and sushimi are two different things, well similiar. Sushi is when its wrapped with seaweed and sushimi is when there's a small fillet of fish laid over a small portion of Japanese rice.

Lol. My friends grandmother thought wasabi was like tomato sauce and she stacked on the sushi. We told her not to eat it.

HSC
this dude at school went around with a tube of wasabi, and told everyone it was that .. you know that bubblegum that comes in a toothpaste tube looking thing? yeah. ha.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i love sushi and sushimi (i didnt know it was called that ,i thought it all just came under the same general term). i really really dislike sashimi though which is probably illogical considering i'll eat raw fish when it's in sushi but whatever.

wasabi is awesome. the first time i ever had it i thought it would be kinda flavourless (noone had ever told me otherwise) so i ate a whole little tube/packet in one mouthful and then tried not to gag and spit all over the food court. fun times.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
sushi isnt complete without some wasabi

CieL

HSC
Billy Corgan said:
Ah sushi and sushimi are two different things, well similiar. Sushi is when its wrapped with seaweed and sushimi is when there's a small fillet of fish laid over a small portion of Japanese rice.
I'm pretty sure there's no such word as sushimi...... just sashimi

But anyhow.. I can't enjoy raw fish.. I put it in my mouth.. and the meat is just.. *shudders* cold, non-chewy, weird texture..

I always end up wanting to throw up when I'm chewing it.. then I just grab any drink and swallow it down like a tablet..

I remember when I went to a jap restaurant in the city.. my mum n I bought a plate of sashimi.. raw salmon arranged in the shape of a rose on a bed of icecubes.. I was learning to eat the stuff.. and when I was on my last piece.. THE CHEF GAVE ME ANOTHER FREE ONE! I nearly died on the spot.. I was grateful he was so nice, but I didnt like the stuff at all!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I can't even tell the difference between raw and cooked fish?

Most of the salmon etc... on sushi isn't raw. But I've eaten sushi too many times, including in HK, so I must have had raw fish many times.

I assume people who hate on raw fish, aren't very fond of seafood in general?

Eel is the greatest.

CieL

HSC
Graney said:
I can't even tell the difference between raw and cooked fish?

Most of the salmon etc... on sushi isn't raw. But I've eaten sushi too many times, including in HK, so I must have had raw fish many times.

I assume people who hate on raw fish, aren't very fond of seafood in general?

Eel is the greatest.
How can your second paragraph be true if you can't even tell the difference between raw and cooked fish?

As if the salmon on sushi isnt raw. Who the hell serves cooked salmon on sushi?? The only time I've seen "cooked" fish on sushi was at a westernised sushi train in which they put canned tuna + mayo on top..

Caviar is the bomb.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Then I guess the salmon is raw?

I assumed it was like the smoked salmon, which you get from supermarkets, which is all red and soft. Salmon on sushi looks and feels exactly the same.

My dad told me it was cooked, but he may just have been trolling me irl...

I eat a lot of fish, I know fish, but salmon is just a whole other grey area.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Billy Corgan said:

Lol. My friends grandmother thought wasabi was like tomato sauce and she stacked on the sushi. We told her not to eat it.
Oh for ffs, kids these days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)