Sydney Girls vs North Sydney Girls (1 Viewer)

duplicitycheese

HSC
N/A
Which one is better: Sydney Girls or North Sydney Girls?
I've received offers from both schools. But the thing is I'm not sure if I should change schools at all (my current school is also selective). I might not make any friends because everyone's already in their groups. Also, if I were to change schools, which one is better?

I've also heard that North Sydney's principal recently left to work for a private school and took along most of the good teachers. Takes around an hour to get there from where I live.

As for Sydney girls, they share a lunch area with Sydney Boys and it takes 40min to get there.

I can't just hold onto both positions. There's other people in the waiting list.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Alkanes

HSC
Both schools are good but i like Sydney Girls.

interesting

HSC
N/A
what? sydney boys and sydney girls have the same lunch area?! omg
if nsghs really took all the good teachers then go for sydney girls..its closer too!

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
What's the rank of your current school? Do both schools allow you to do your choice of subs? (SGHS will force you to do ext english in year 11).

You're basically picking from the best of the best, so it doesn't matter too much (aren't you lucky :p). Though as 'interesting' said if nsgh lost heaps of good teachers then go sghs.

Alkanes

HSC
Both are top and high achieving schools so no matter where you'll go i'm sure you'll do good in either school. It comes down to the fact that whether they offer your subject of choice or not and look at what extracurricular activities each school offer that interests you. But i like the brown colour because it's more attracting :p

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
Lol count yourself lucky you don't have to wear the 'potato sack' :p

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Do not worry my fellow peer, I am in the same position (Sydney Technical vs Hurlstone Agricultural) as you except your options are much more superior than mine xD
However, your options are even more harder due to the fact that the ranks between them is like 1 or 2 ranks...
Firstly, congratulations for making it into both schools!
You are allowed to, though it is not recommended, accept both offers temporarily and just justify your reason for when you decide to decline your offer at one of the schools at a later date. By doing this, you have more time to make a thoughtful and careful decision as it may determine what it will be like for you in the next two years.

Also, may I ask which school do you attend at the moment?
As a fellow year 10 student, I'd recommend you go to North Sydney Girls if both schools are equidistant from your house. But in your case, please go to the school that is closer for you, Sydney Girls, as travelling is an important factor in this decision. Both schools are really good so it might have to come down to distance.
Overall, I'd say Sydney Girls is the better option because it is closer for you but do consider both schools with other factors (environment, teachers, resources, extra-cirriculars, etc.).
I would go to North Sydney Girls IF both schools were equidistant from home.

It's a possible plus that you can meet Syd boys during lunch if you go Syd Girls.

Contact me if you need extra advice or assistance in your decision ;D

silentdreamer

HSC
hey there!
i go to sydney girls so i guess any advice might be kinda biased haha.

i'd say that the quality of our teachers are pretty good, but like all schools we have some really good teachers and some not so good, so it's not like we're extremely above the rest of the state. ext I english is compulsory in year 11 which a lot of people aren't happy with, but you do get to drop it in year 12 if you dislike it. our maths courses are not exactly known for being excellent and our tests are easy, but all in all it's not too bad. and yeah, i don't know what it's like at NSG, but some of our subs might be limited if you wanted to do say, society and culture or religion or something, since we don't offer those.

we do have a common area we share with the boys school, you probably would've seen it if you went to open night, but it's just a large grass area and they're not really allowed much further into our school.

we have so many co-curriculars so i'm sure you'll find something if you're really keen and we hold a few joint events (dances, trivia night, talent quests etc.) with the boys school but other than that we're separate schools :)

i know a few people in the grade below and they're all really friendly, so don't worry about not fitting in if you do come!

good luck with your decision OP and feel free to pm me if you have any questions :D

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
hey there!
i go to sydney girls so i guess any advice might be kinda biased haha.

i'd say that the quality of our teachers are pretty good, but like all schools we have some really good teachers and some not so good, so it's not like we're extremely above the rest of the state. ext I english is compulsory in year 11 which a lot of people aren't happy with, but you do get to drop it in year 12 if you dislike it. our maths courses are not exactly known for being excellent and our tests are easy, but all in all it's not too bad. and yeah, i don't know what it's like at NSG, but some of our subs might be limited if you wanted to do say, society and culture or religion or something, since we don't offer those.

we do have a common area we share with the boys school, you probably would've seen it if you went to open night, but it's just a large grass area and they're not really allowed much further into our school.

we have so many co-curriculars so i'm sure you'll find something if you're really keen and we hold a few joint events (dances, trivia night, talent quests etc.) with the boys school but other than that we're separate schools :)

i know a few people in the grade below and they're all really friendly, so don't worry about not fitting in if you do come!

good luck with your decision OP and feel free to pm me if you have any questions :D
Isn't it the same with NSGHS?

silentdreamer

HSC
lol i'm not too sure. but compared with SBHS our tests are so easy :/

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, I've heard that from quite a few people. Yet, the girl counterpart schools tend to usually outrank the boy schools... (St.George Girls>Syd Tech, Syd Girls>Syd Boys, North Syd Girls>North Syd Boys)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Disclaimer: I went to SBHS, so my advice is pretty biased as well.

As for Sydney girls, they share a lunch area with Sydney Boys and it takes 40min to get there.
That's a bad thing? :cry::confused::confused2: I always thought that that was a plus. =(

What....I swear we were in much further than that. Sometimes into the MPH, or even the Canteen? That's pretty entrenched into your school. :p

Yeah, I've heard that from quite a few people. Yet, the girl counterpart schools tend to usually outrank the boy schools... (St.George Girls>Syd Tech, Syd Girls>Syd Boys, North Syd Girls>North Syd Boys)
There's no doubt that SBHS exams are more difficult than SGHS, particularly in Maths. Although SBHS -may- be better than SGHS at Maths (year in and year out have shown this), SGHS pretty much whomps SBHS in every other subject, year in and year out. [Except English in 2010]

silentdreamer

HSC
What....I swear we were in much further than that. Sometimes into the MPH, or even the Canteen? That's pretty entrenched into your school. :p
yeah i think technically you guys are, but no one ever does so everyone just considers the lowers the common area. and the back of the MPH, i suppose.

There's no doubt that SBHS exams are more difficult than SGHS, particularly in Maths. Although SBHS -may- be better than SGHS at Maths (year in and year out have shown this), SGHS pretty much whomps SBHS in every other subject, year in and year out. [Except English in 2010]
haha really? you guys topped English last year? because I know SGHS came second :p

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Is your current school single sex? if not I agree with what Aerath said.

That's a bad thing? :cry::confused::confused2: I always thought that that was a plus. =(
Aerath pics up all da chicks

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, Aerath is pretty pimp. He owns all the ladies. :tongue2:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
How do you deal with a sausage fest?
Pretty shitly. Less prospects for sex.
I've only had sex with like two of my classmates, but it would be A LOT more if I went to a co-ed school. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)