Sydney Tsunami (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
The following (from the widely toted Mitcheel Coombes) is circulating on many popular websites:

"Ok everyone, you've been warned of what's to come, we are getting extremely close to the 104 hour tsunami warning. I strongly advise that if you live on the east coast of NSW and west coast of USA, have your evacuation gear ready to go as soon as possible. I said on March 11 that California would be next after Japan's countdown... Sydney's earthquake will be magnitude 9.5, California's earthquake will be magnitude 9.6, followed by two 9.4's, all of these tsunamis will be created in the same exact hour"

You read this at first and think, what a nutcase. Although this same guy predicted the 2011 Japanese earthquake by about 3 days (this was widely confirmed/verified; he is not simply making it up). Anyone can make predictions that are very broad; although to get even a hint of accuracy if possible would make them credible. It is only one event though, stranger coincidences have happened.

Discuss in this thread how you would prepare for the tsunami/get out of Sydney if it were to occur tomorrow morning.

Mods; feel free to move this to the Non school section if you feel it is not yet newsworthy.

Last edited:

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Meh, I'll be asleep or possibly studying and preparing for those exams and assignments due next week. A lot of people predict things and hardly ANYONE is right. If there was an earthquake and tsunami coming tomorrow then Im pretty sure that we would have heard something on the news. There are so many scientists out there that predict any weather changes. We would have known by now so Im not worrying.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Even though I live quite close to the beach (~800m), I don't see any tsunami getting past the wall of waterfront high-rise buildings with enough force to even reach my apartment. There may be water in the streets, but I'll be dry.

Atar Hater

hardout gangsta
HSC
Even though I live quite close to the beach (~800m), I don't see any tsunami getting past the wall of waterfront high-rise buildings with enough force to even reach my apartment. There may be water in the streets, but I'll be dry.
lol bro

Natures pretty powerful mannnnnn

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
lol bro

Natures pretty powerful mannnnnn
Any normal tsunami! There's at least fifteen rows of 4+ story buildings between the ocean and myself, as well as a cliff that's several meters high. That should be enough stopping power.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Any normal tsunami! There's at least fifteen rows of 4+ story buildings between the ocean and myself, as well as a cliff that's several meters high. That should be enough stopping power.
I don't know how far inland the 2004 Boxing day Tsunami went although that was certainly powerful and killed over a quarter of a million people.

Atar Hater

hardout gangsta
HSC
Yeah but this is 9.5 richter (not saying it's happening lol).

Boxing day was 9.1–9.3 and look at what happened:

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah but this is 9.5 richter (not saying it's happening lol).

Boxing day was 9.1–9.3 and look at what happened:

Mother of god, I take that back. BRB taking the first train out of sydney.

A tsunami is actually a series of waves, best described as a "wave train". Hurtling forward at the speed of a jetliner, with some waves reaching a fearful, towering height of 30 meters (100 feet), the tsunami of 2004 traveled quickly, radiating out from the epicenter of the earthquake.

http://www.travelphuket.com/2004-boxing-day-tsunami.html

This is a ninety-foot wave by comparison. It's absolutely NOTHING compared to the shape/power of a 100ft+ tsunami.

I was visualizing something half that size >.>

Last edited:

morts

HSC
"stopping power"

think of all the rubble and debris produced once they've been hit by the massive wall of water

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Ten users browsing this thread, somebody say something...

How long would we have from the (hypothetical) announcement to the impact?

Last edited:

p0wlmao

Banned
HSC
N/A
Nothing is going to happen. Maybe alot of sand will wash away. nothing more

HalcyonSky

HSC
If there was any real threat, you'd know about it by now.
not really, earthquake prediction is very poor.. and this guy is making predictions based on his claim that hes hacked into HAARP, and that the array is capable of causing these earthquakes, so not even some wide sweeping geological prediction could come up with what he is predicting

Last edited:

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
i am neptune, lord of the sea. i sink ships and summon storms.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
The asteroid which created the Chicxulub crater in Yucatán approximately 65 million years ago would have generated megatsunamis as high as 3 kilometres (1.9 mi); enough to completely inundate even large islands such as Madagascar.

Deliriously

HSC
Wasn't this guy the psychic guy who would give advice for people on the morning show, channel 7?
EDIT: nevermind, i think i got mixed up with some other dude

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)