• No

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
And if girls do come, they get to dress up. That lures them in. 'Omg I need to buy a new dress/shoes/handbag!'. So they end up spending more than you. Lol.
OMIGOSH I just realised that aspect of it.

Meh I'm a bit of an outfit-repeater. I'd probably wear the same dress for 3 years running with a different hat each time haha

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I seriously have no idea how much members costs, I just work there lol. I saw the AJC were hiring, maybe I should start the merger process myself and work at both (if they'll let me).

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Well thats another kettle of fish. The AJC would have to swallow its pride and admit that the STC has a better business model and racetrack facilities for that to even begin to happen.

Can't see why they wouldn't let you do both jobs, if they would even find out tbh. It's not like the STC and AJC run concurrent meetings.

Rosehill > Randwick. Better betting ring, better mix of people in general. Better food. Shorter lines. Cheaper alcohol.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Rosehill is great but Canterbury is fairly run down. Mind you isn't the AJCs second track in some shit-hole place anyway? And the reason they'd find out is because on my resume it says: "Sydney Turf Club, 12 months"
:p

The merger will happen eventually and it will be better for everyone. The AJCs board is all in a shambles at the moment though.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
TAB should be open.

I don't believe the Church should be controlling what people can and can't do. If christians don't want to gamble on that they then they won't. But they shouldn't be forcing their beliefs on others.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Rosehill is great but Canterbury is fairly run down. Mind you isn't the AJCs second track in some shit-hole place anyway? And the reason they'd find out is because on my resume it says: "Sydney Turf Club, 12 months"
:p

The merger will happen eventually and it will be better for everyone. The AJCs board is all in a shambles at the moment though.
In Warwick Farm, out at Liverpool. The G1 meeting was meant to be there a couple of weeks ago but they transferred it to Randwick.

I forgot about the need for a resume, lol.

The thing about Canterbury is that it is rated an even better track (for the horses) than Rosehill but it is never used. The facilities are pretty run down, I agree. Lots of talk about selling it for $200m and using those funds to fix Randwick if a merger ever eventuated.

AJC board is a shambles and because they have an Eastern suburbs mentality that the STC is operating in some sort of backwater, the merger will be difficult to implement. AJC is happy to whore out Randwick - eg. World Youth Day, that music festival that was there a couple of weeks ago - because of their debt. The ironic thing is that the STC holds all the aces in the merger.

HSC
But Some people such as Buddhists, Muslims Hindus, Atheists etc think of Good Friday as a normal day. Therefore, on their day off they might wanna go to the TAB.

In a bias opinion, as a Catholic I think its disrepectful to open the TAB. However, Clubs and Pubs are still open anyway. So in a way, people will still be drinking and gambling.

SAVAK

Banned
HSC
N/A
the country doenst give a fuck its TAB opens or not. so shut up Christians.

Sonnie10

HSC
I can't wait for Ladies Day at Rosehill this Saturday! I have to buy shoes tomorrow night...after a bit of study.

As for the TAB opening on Good Friday, it's ridiculous that religious leaders have spoken out against it in a secular, diverse and capatilist nation. The opening of TAB is in no way offensive, discriminative or disrespectful since not all of Australia is of Christian faith. Perhaps the leaders should have focussed their energies on encouraging their own groups not to engage in gambling at any time of the year, but especially for Good
Friday.

Yay for the Autumn racing carnival :)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
In Warwick Farm, out at Liverpool. The G1 meeting was meant to be there a couple of weeks ago but they transferred it to Randwick.

I forgot about the need for a resume, lol.

The thing about Canterbury is that it is rated an even better track (for the horses) than Rosehill but it is never used. The facilities are pretty run down, I agree. Lots of talk about selling it for $200m and using those funds to fix Randwick if a merger ever eventuated.

AJC board is a shambles and because they have an Eastern suburbs mentality that the STC is operating in some sort of backwater, the merger will be difficult to implement. AJC is happy to whore out Randwick - eg. World Youth Day, that music festival that was there a couple of weeks ago - because of their debt. The ironic thing is that the STC holds all the aces in the merger.
Yeah I live right near Canterbury, I'd rather they didn't sell it because it would ruin the whole fucking area. Ahh I do know where Warwick farm is always though that was a dog or pacer track though. I wish Canterbury had more racedays it really shits me off having to go to Rosehill to work when I can see the course from my street lol. We don't even have the Guinneas day anymore, that was heaps fun as a kid.

I have to say, the STC is run fucking well for a venue of its size. I work at the SCG/SFS and sometimes ANZ as well and the management at Rosehill put them to shame. My only experience with Randwick is going there for exams (from UNSW) and tbh the grandstands and that don't seem especially nice. The grand-pavillion that opened last year at Rosehill fucking puts it to shame IMO.

Anyway, I'll be on the Stage Bar right at the front of the track if anyone wants to creep me out and say hi. Don't bother asking for free drinks though, even my friends dont get that :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)