Take a look at my Major Work.... (1 Viewer)

HSC
I sorta like my artwork, tell me what you guys think, be brutally honest....

Its basically a visual interpretation of the Radiohead album "Kid A".

Keep in mind:
I started my artwork on the thursday before the day it was due. There was an exhibition on the Thursday, so I had to make a cnavas, prime it and do a whole artwork in a few hours. Well I managed to do more than half of it (bear in mind the canvas is 170 X 90 cm). I then finished the rest of it on Friday, touched it up on the weekend, and there you go a full artwork in 4 days.

It was actually my teachers idea to do a whole artwork on the day of the exhibition, I wouldn't do something like that radical. I was just gonna finish my 10 small (40 X 40cm) drawings. She motivated me by saying that a few years ago some guy managed to finish an entire artwork the night before and he got into artexpress LOL!

Oh and EVERYONE POST THERE ARTWORKS UP DAMNIT!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
lookin good... :)

i'll put up some fotos / images (but de best ones are stuck away in my diary... :() tonite... methinks...

Reactions: x1
HSC
Originally posted by roo
woow looks good, cant really see the words properly tho.. i like ur title :) i wouldnt be able to do anything like that a week b4 its due!

copy and paste this link: http://twinhabitat.bravepages.com/suicide.jpg
this is just one of my 14 pics, u can see the whole thing in the other thread below this one.
Yeah the words are a bit faded, its sorta intentional. They're lyrics from the album...

"I will see you in the next life"
"I'm not here, This isn't happening"
"Everything in its Right Place"

Yeah everyone likes my title :)

I've never done something that abstract before, I'm pretty surprised that it came out alrite...

And you got some good stuff yourself, is it about being caught between two cultures?

I wish I practiced my photoshop skills a bit more, I'd love to do computer art myself.

roo

HSC
oops i forgot my title! its called intersection: escape or beyond and is about the 2 extreme paths a teen can take.. suicide or the future etc. so u were close! glad you could make out the fact that its between 2 different aspects.. not exactly cultures tho :)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ok then, here it is... after a night's relearning (basic) html...

the fotos are kinda crappy...

http://www.geocities.com/narkoleptic/hsc_art/index.html

the whole thing is about those ridiculous cards you get on aeroplanes, and how that if you follow all these pretty little instructions, everything will be just fine and dandy...

if you want more explainin ask me, and i might expand...

the collages are made from genuine safey cards off planes and a survival handbook...

i want your honest genuine opinion... don't worry about offending me, cos i don't know anyone here in real life... so it doesn't matter.... oh dear i've gone cross-eyed... what was all that about?? :)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
hmmm... ironically, i swore i would drop out of art ASAP after my first lesson in year seven...

just proves i can never stick to my guns... :p

HSC
Originally posted by saladsugery
ok then, here it is... after a night's relearning (basic) html...

the fotos are kinda crappy...

http://www.geocities.com/narkoleptic/hsc_art/index.html

the whole thing is about those ridiculous cards you get on aeroplanes, and how that if you follow all these pretty little instructions, everything will be just fine and dandy...

if you want more explainin ask me, and i might expand...

the collages are made from genuine safey cards off planes and a survival handbook...

i want your honest genuine opinion... don't worry about offending me, cos i don't know anyone here in real life... so it doesn't matter.... oh dear i've gone cross-eyed... what was all that about?? :)
I honestly, really like it.
Is this influenced by the movie "Fight Club" by any chance?

I especially like the collages, too bad I can't really look at it up close. The concept is quite strong.

Some of the diagrams on the posters, don't look that good. They look slightly rushed, but the main card (back and front) is top.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
Originally posted by mercurydrinker
I honestly, really like it.
Is this influenced by the movie "Fight Club" by any chance?

I especially like the collages, too bad I can't really look at it up close. The concept is quite strong.

Some of the diagrams on the posters, don't look that good. They look slightly rushed, but the main card (back and front) is top.
fight club-- i suppose so. but not from the start. idea-wise it went

collages --> card (fight club occurs to me) --> posters --> installation

i've had mixed responses about the collages... some ppl like em some ppl don't...

i take yr point about the diagrams on posters... not rushed for time, but since everything on the posters is derived from my original card, perhaps i should have redrawn/further refined the images when i scaled them from very small to A2 posters...

ah well its up to those wacky warehouse markers now...

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
argh. if i knew how to put my pics on the net i would.

but im absolutely clueless with computers and stuff. even though half my major work was done on photoshop...

your artworks look so mad guys! and mercury drinker, omg, 4 days before it was due, that's damn impressive.

my title's called: "Backstage: behind the sins" (cos im doing the seven deadly sins and there's a sort of theatrical influence in it).

HSC
Originally posted by johnson
argh. if i knew how to put my pics on the net i would.

but im absolutely clueless with computers and stuff. even though half my major work was done on photoshop...

your artworks look so mad guys! and mercury drinker, omg, 4 days before it was due, that's damn impressive.

my title's called: "Backstage: behind the sins" (cos im doing the seven deadly sins and there's a sort of theatrical influence in it).
thanx :D

If you want to post up and art work, just reply and at the bottom of the reply box theres a section where it says "Attach File", click browse and then find where the file you want to attach is, then send your reply, it should attach your file for all to see. Also make sure its in JPEG format, that way it won't take ages to attach. Hope that helps :)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
okidoki thanks mercury drinker!

but i just realised that i've got seven different photographs, cos i've got seven diffeent big boards...so i'll get my friend to put it on a webpage or something??

Reactions: x1
HSC
okidoki thanks mercury drinker!

but i just realised that i've got seven different photographs, cos i've got seven diffeent big boards...so i'll get my friend to put it on a webpage or something??
You can always post it 7 times....
But do which ever suits you, I just want to see it...

Will

HSC
N/A
woah johnson ur art r0x0rs!!!

who's that gay looking bastid on page 3?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
yeh, but that'd prolly piss everyone off haha!! (7 posts)...

anyway, i've done the website

http://www.jian.tvheaven.com/photo2.html

it's rather embarassing so please don't spread it too far ; )
niiice...........

but the pop-up windaz are annoying... don't they know we'll never get an online gambling addiction?

---edit---
i'm guessing that small blonde child in some of those photos wasn't you as a little kid.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
errrrmmmm...saladsugery...haha no. but...which blonde kid are u talking about?!?! there's a blonde kid in me major....??

anyway, thanks, i guess..?

Psychrist

There all really good artworks.
can i ask y u people didnt just upload them to a site then display the pictures on the page (like what i done for my sig)
apart from that thank god hsc is almost over haha
cya around
Psychrist aka DamageD Earth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)