Take a look at my Major Work.... (1 Viewer)

Goldabar

Mine is basically about the ability of an artist to take his audience out of this world, and into a new one. I thought about doing something that held a lot of meaning and philosophical depth...then thought, nah, I want to paint a guy with a huge fricken' airplane hat :p

Seriously though yeah...I just wanted to create a new world for the audience to enter. Here are the other 2 paintings in the series, sorry for the small size but I've learnt not to post the full size versions of these anymore. Also I don't think these 2 are as detailed as the first because they were made in a much shorter timespace.

www.planetunreal.com/goldabar/dean1small.jpg

www.planetunreal.com/goldabar/dean2small.jpg

roo

HSC
hehe mouse-drawing is impossible! even with an optical mouse.. thats why when i saw my lil wacom tablet it was love at first sight. *sigh* i never used it much for my major work tho, just colouring in anime. :D

looks incredible Goldabar, keep up the good work!

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
mercurydrinker said:
I sorta like my artwork, tell me what you guys think, be brutally honest....

Its basically a visual interpretation of the Radiohead album "Kid A".

Keep in mind:
I started my artwork on the thursday before the day it was due. There was an exhibition on the Thursday, so I had to make a cnavas, prime it and do a whole artwork in a few hours. Well I managed to do more than half of it (bear in mind the canvas is 170 X 90 cm). I then finished the rest of it on Friday, touched it up on the weekend, and there you go a full artwork in 4 days.

It was actually my teachers idea to do a whole artwork on the day of the exhibition, I wouldn't do something like that radical. I was just gonna finish my 10 small (40 X 40cm) drawings. She motivated me by saying that a few years ago some guy managed to finish an entire artwork the night before and he got into artexpress LOL!

Oh and EVERYONE POST THERE ARTWORKS UP DAMNIT!
The whole thing would look 10000 times better without the lame writing.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
Hmmm my artworks iaren't exactly completely done.....Doing a collection------> if anyone wants to see a pic of one of my works pm me :)

lum

HSC
that's a 3 year old topic u've dug bak up

hipPo3

HSC
roo said:
hehe mouse-drawing is impossible! even with an optical mouse.. thats why when i saw my lil wacom tablet it was love at first sight. *sigh* i never used it much for my major work tho, just colouring in anime. :D

looks incredible Goldabar, keep up the good work!
true that

ever since i got my tablet i stopped using it .. hehehe, i find it a waste of my moneh
But onm the other hand, im planning to make a webcomic in the future after the HSC
can't wait .. w0o0o0o

hipPo3

HSC
holy crap this thread is freaking old ....
hehe double post :p

Dil myster

HSC
fi_babezy said:
Hmmm my artworks iaren't exactly completely done.....Doing a collection------> if anyone wants to see a pic of one of my works pm me :)
hey l want to see one.. so sent it on, l'd really appreciate it!.. l went through about 700 ideas before l settled for one.. l'll post some pictures when it's finished. It's got lots of stitching and oil crayons and shilak.. pretty excited about them.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
erm.....dont really want to post pic onto this site
....i have phobias about it...will pm a pic though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)