Take a look at my Major Work.... (1 Viewer)

NATMAN

Thanks again :) Yup... if your mark is in the 40s then the work will be CONSIDERED to be in the art express... not all of them are in there tho.

The week when the work was due in was also cramped with assessments.... 4u maths, phys assignments, and other crap :s ... I was too excited at first and slowed down due to many assessments and I was getting sick of the portrait of Mona Lisa!!!

The original idea was different quite considerably. I was about to do Mona Lisa with background images of famous scenes around the world... (e.g. mona lisa is feeling hot in Egypt, feeling cold in winter in Canada, and so on...) but I was struggling with the concept behind it... until my teacher (she's in the photo as well ;) suggested me to incorporate myself to the work... I was like... 'wha???' So i went from there...

I'm so concerned now about the work... the panels are soooooo fragile, the perspex are easy to come off.... so i do really hope that they're ok

What was your initial idea?

phunky

Our works are being marked at the school cos the examiners are coming to us so i am not as worried!
Well when i first started, i was paiting my dog and I wanted to include other things of my life which was important to me. soI had this practice canvas with my dog out on the grass looking at a piano shaped music box to signify my piano playing and sheets of music floting in the air. I think my teacher hated it!
So then i took the suggestion of paiting my dog in ways that diff art periods woul've done. so i looked at renaissance dogs, greek dogs, surrealism dogs, pop art dogs and so on!
then one day i wanted to do esher stuff and that really just didn't work out so then when i saw a pic of william robinson i wa inspired. i start paiting a b.g, without even a draft, i got my major going... the research was kind done along the way.
i think ur original idea sounded awesome as well. wher were u in the pic wher ur painting was hung? it looks really professional and really cool. wich our school won't as pov!
how do u fell u will go in the final mark??

roo

HSC
woow everyone's concepts are so good!!

i reckon any mark above 30 is good, art's so hard and people are picky when marking. :)

i got 45/50 for mine, only one person in our grade got 50.. didnt really like it either heh..

a link of my work is here: http://twinhabitat.imess.net/art/roo_art.jpg ya can't really see it cleary tho.. im attaching one of the pictures here. :) it's called Intersection: Escape or Beyond

Attachments

phunky

ur work looks kinda funy... concept??? my work was called "pieces of suburbia".
Shit i wish i had finished my work at the timeof the trials to get a beta mark!

roo

HSC
funny? here's a bit of my statement:

It is a smooth and vibrant road, nothing obstructing your view until one day you reach an intersection Which path shall I choose?

We are confronted by choice everyday, but there are two extreme choices a teen can make. These choices and the life of a teen are portrayed in my work and how they mirror the life of a city congestion and traffic versus stress and suicide; and flashing lights versus expectations and aspirations.

we were forced to finish ours before the trial for our assessment mark. we could add stuff later to it, but i really couldnt be stuffed. :)

phunky

oops! sorry that was a typo- it was meant to be "funky". sorry if i seemed ignorant or whatvere. i was actually quite intrigued by ur art work! i don't have my conttacts in and can't c what i am typing on the screen proply. i should read it b4 i submit it! SORRY!!!

roo

HSC
lol thats ok, i get like that sometimes too, can't see a god damn thing without my contacts!!

phunky

How did we survie art as blind ppl! lol! thank god for my contacts- or i may fail as an artist!
I was worried u took my msg as offence!
can't wait to c art express this yr... so mch talent out there!

stressed02

It's really cool Roo! i'm rather impressed hehe
How many images did you do?
And what 'media' did you enter it into??

Nice work ;)

NATMAN

Yeah, some works are marked internally too. Any work that has 'digital image' in it, (e.g. photos, computer generated images) has to be sent to homebush for marking. Since the background images of my work are photos/computer generated images, i had to send it away too.

The photo was during the exhibition in the school hall, along with about other 30 odds artworks. What mark i'll get? Hm... providing that all is in perfect condition (i.e the perspex don't come off), i'm aiming at 40s... How about u?

roo

HSC
Originally posted by stressed02
It's really cool Roo! i'm rather impressed hehe
How many images did you do?
And what 'media' did you enter it into??

Nice work ;)
thank you :) i did 16 images: 4 A2 sized, 3 A3 sized, 5 A4 images and 4 little pictures, 2 in each seperate mount.

how bout urs stressed02? show us ur stuff!

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
i got 45/50 which was top in my class... i don't think it was worth that much though -- i like the card the best i think:

http://www.geocities.com/narkoleptic/hsc_art/

it's all a bit weird, i can't explain it too well... something about how ridiculous those cards you get in planes are and the idea that if you do what it says you'll be ok... i have a fascination with instructionalist graphics (instructions on soup packets or cardboard boxes or whatever)... the clear perspex box is for an interactive bit, there are little surveys people who look at it can take as either someone looking @ the work or a potential aeroplane customer. the bags on the floor (i don't think theyre in many photos) are full of travel things: the case has a newspaper, a clean shirt, a survival handbook and a toileteris bag in it, and the kids bag has a spirograph and a colouring in book with pictures i drew when i was like 5 or 4 (or something...)

the collages are made out of disaster handbooks, those aeroplane safety cards, and self-help books.

trial i got 46.5 or 47.5 i think... lucky cos they used marc quinn (one of my favourite artists ) in a section 1 question.

NATMAN

You are genius!!! Very very good and original concept... looking forward to see yours in the art express?

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
my art teacher reckons if you get a good mark (40 plus, hi-40's or whatever), then you have about a 1-in-8 chance of getting into artexpress (all up i think it's 120 works chosen for the final deal). i'm not really aspiring to get into artexpress (it would be nice though :)), and even so the head of art @ our school says they're more likely to pick alot of happy/positive works (which show how cheery our year 12's are etc etc) over ones that could be a bit depressing. they also like technically accomplished painting alot.

sirloki

HSC
hey your work is very perceptive i enjoyed it thoroughly, at first i thought it was describing stages of a trip or some drug induced state- 'feeling of well being"
but if its not it doesnt really matter becasue it invoked that response from me and i thought it was clever, but yeh it is very topical with the deep seeded cultural anxieties lying within western nations as a reslt of sept 11 at this point in time and the absurdity of the safety precautions when in reality they are likely to do nothing,

for eg. esp when they say there is an inflatable bridge that you slide down into a raft if the aeroplane has landed in water!!! freakin hell if the aircraft has come from 10000 ft or however high they go down to the surface of the ocean the liklihood of survival is slim and to then be able to get out of the plane and slide down a n inflatable bridge into a raft is absurd....

your work is right on the money well done:)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
yeah in all the cards i collected, about 1/2 was devoted to what to do if the plane lands on/in water... and all the water crashes, hardly anyone gets out... scary stuff.

Goldabar

Hey guys, this is the first of my 3 part series of digital paintings ("hand painted" in Photoshop with a Wacom pad). Any crits are welcome :)

It's entitled "Evolution of Fantasy".

Oh and this is the small version...full size printout is around A1 size (30 inches by 24 inches? Or something like that. Um....real big).

http://www.planetunreal.com/stu/major12small.jpg

roo

HSC
Originally posted by Goldabar
Hey guys, this is the first of my 3 part series of digital paintings ("hand painted" in Photoshop with a Wacom pad). Any crits are welcome :)

It's entitled "Evolution of Fantasy".

Oh and this is the small version...full size printout is around A1 size (30 inches by 24 inches? Or something like that. Um....real big).

http://www.planetunreal.com/stu/major12small.jpg
wooow looks soo good! i've got a wacom tablet too hehe.. best things eh.. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)