taking det laptop overseas?? (1 Viewer)

Recondit

ヽ(" `Д´)ノ
HSC
what if i dont have that note??
Hmm... Has any of your peers received the form? If not ask front office or TSO. However on topic, nothing on the charter suggests that it is not permitted except if you are moving permanently overseas during HSC period (your laptop will be surrendered in this case)... Just make sure it doesn't get stolen in that country or better yet get holiday insurance or whatever it is called to insure your laptop

(note that you still don't have admin rights on laptop)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm... Has any of your peers received the form? If not ask front office or TSO. However on topic, nothing on the charter suggests that it is not permitted except if you are moving permanently overseas during HSC period (your laptop will be surrendered in this case)... Just make sure it doesn't get stolen in that country or better yet get holiday insurance or whatever it is called to insure your laptop

*cough cough... you don't need admin rights..heheheh

lovepink

HSC
N/A
T

Nah im just going for two weeks

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
I actually took it overseas. Wasted my valuable kg. space.

BigBadBader

HSC
You are not allowed to take it overseas. But i did, all you have to do is make sure you dont connect it to the internet, at all. my sister took her det laptop overseas and connected it to the net, withing 1 day they bricked it.

disable the wireless adapter.

Makematics

HSC
You are not allowed to take it overseas. But i did, all you have to do is make sure you dont connect it to the internet, at all. my sister took her det laptop overseas and connected it to the net, withing 1 day they bricked it.

disable the wireless adapter.
Shit i wouldnt expect them to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)