Taking Drinks into the exam room?????? (1 Viewer)

scuba05

HSC
Ok, im doing my legal studies exam today, and as per every exam i sit at school, i take a can of red bull in to get me concentrating(Vitalises the body and mind:p).
Before we start, one of the head teachers i givin the lecture, "you took too long to comin in n shut-up etc", the usual bullshit. After that, shes said you can only bring transparent pencil cases etc, then she has also said you cant bring in drinks unless its water in a clear bottle.

WHAT THE FUCK??????????

Why cant you take in a can of red bull in?? its not an unfair advantage???? Its not as if its been doped with some super-mind-remembering powder.

I just had a look on the board of studies website about exam rules(2007 admittedly). It just says no eating in the exam room, nothing about drinking.

So my question, is it true that you cant drink in the exam rule except for water? Would you get away with takign red bull or other such drinks in a transparent bottle do you think? Anyone else had experiences like this.
Its only the yearlies, and no teachers at our skool have the balls 2 fail you because of it, so i plan on continuing.

Cheers.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
We're only allowed to bring water in for exams.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
I go to the OP's school.

Everyone turned around and laughed when the teacher gave the speech.

It looked pretty funny, a red bull on the desk , the thongs and the holden jacket didn't help your image

But i think that water is all that should be allowed, as it seems fair.

HSC
N/A
I'm fairly sure it works that way in every school...
Think it has something to do with the fact that energy drinks/caffeinated drinks aren't allowed in long exams that would typically be more tiring. That would make sense as to why that policy isn't enforced in junior school.
Just deal with it.

Muz4PM

HSC
We are only allowed water, that's it.

I guess he just didn't want you to get wings.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Say "hypoglycemia" or "diabetes" and they'll let you have whatever you want.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
I heard Hemingway drank absinthe during his externals.
Times have changed haven't they.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
Without Wings said:
Students have actually tried to cheat by placing notes on the back of labels of bottles and various other methods...
This is why the rule is there now.
OP, you need to follow the exam rules, as even though you're not trying to cheat, some other person is guaranteed to be. Fot the actual HSC exams, they will check your stuff as you bring it into the hall. For my maths exam I accidentally left a pedometer in my pocket, and when I got to my desk I realized and chucked it on the floor behind me for the duration of the exam. You don't mess with shit like this. If it looks suspicious, you can get trouble.

jirwin

HSC
the supervisors werent as strict at my school compared to the sound of some of ur's but anyway we had to have water. was meant to be unopened with no label. anyway everyone brought opened water bottles with labels in but they were checked. as long as it was clear water.

some people got picked up for having cola during our school certificate. everyone had water during hsc (this was a different school/different supervisors... was a senior school). also they didnt worry about the clear pencil cases - we had to put all cases on the floor. the supervisors were pretty nice and very professional kinda thing - like they were always patrolling.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
When I go into an exam, I don't even think about water. I concentrate on the exam, I don't have time for that.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Aplus said:
When I go into an exam, I don't even think about water. I concentrate on the exam, I don't have time for that.
Water's good during an exam.
lol, but yeah, sometimes I completely forget about having water.
It's good to have when everything gets too intense though.

turmionkat

HSC
I love water in exams because its just a simple way to relax your mind and to calm yourself down.

.x.Cookie.x. said:
Why wouldn't you just drink the Red Bull before your exam?
We used to eat Mars Bars before our exams.
Red bull is just too expensive and makes you crash really hard if you dont have any water. I learned that the hard way :)

jirwin

HSC
scaredytiger said:
what other kind of drinkable water is there?
water with some cordial in it or something like that. just thought i would be precise :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)