Taking Drinks into the exam room?????? (1 Viewer)

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC
geez man just deal. not like you can change the rules.

reminds me of the guy who bought cold milo to school in a thermos in primary school who chucked a tantie when the teacher wouldn't let him drink it in the classroom.

HSC
lol this thread reminds me of my year 8 snap test. the teachers let us bring in hot food since they didn't give us enough time to eat, so i took in noodles. long story short, the table collapsed, and noodles went all over my test lol.

anyway, the rules are the same here. only water is allowed in.

az8

HSC
my bad experience was when my bottle leaked in my bag... my bad was next to my exam paper anywayssssssss.... a girl next to me screamed coz her paper was all pink thanks to me coz my cloth covering mirror was red and with my leaking bottle and through my country road bag.... her test turned pink... ><"....

m&ss2008

HSC
its a pretty standard rule, i doubt you'd ever cheat but they have to keep it fair, not everyone is as honest.

sometimes at our school the supervisors look at all of our calculators to make sure theyres nothing on them. we even have to clear the memory.

im not a big fan of water during exams, i drink it too fast and then theres the uncomfortable 2 hours that follows......:uhoh:

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
We're only allowed water.

I didn't think we were allowed the labels on them. So mine is pretty much ripped off.

Then everyone else comes in with the labels on theirs and nothing even said.

Ah well.

scuba05 said:
Eww... red bull.

Jess007

HSC
some teachers let us bring water, some dont i dont really bring water, its 3 hours why do people need water. forthe 3 hours you dont need water, unless u have some health issue

Nat3skiz

HSC
its to make sure theres nothing alcoholic involved.

ticky2002

HSC
N/A
Nat3skiz said:
its to make sure theres nothing alcoholic involved.
Does vodka not look like water?

Plus, why would you drink alcohol in an exam?

songs4thesadman

HSC
ticky2002 said:

lol my best mate did her school certificate english exam while drunk
and she got a band six

which is 2 bands higher than she would have probably got sober

so i dnt think its that bad of an idea lol

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
* Water, in a clear bottle, no label, unopened.
* Pencil case on the floor at all times.

I'm not sure if it's an official rule or not but I know for my senior years at school (years 11-12) it was a rule for all our exams. You might and probably would. No, I never took anything into an exam except exam equipment - once I sat down I didn't get up until I finished.

By yearlies I assume you mean trials or if you talking about your exams at the moment then you would mean half yearlies. Your trials are most probably worth a considerable amount to your assessment (i.e. sometimes up to 30%) while your half yearlies are probably worth 10% or so. Either way it's not really worth risking it just because you think your teachers "don't have the balls". Given that it isn't up to your teachers since usually exams are supervised by external supervisors to the school - they don't know you, they don't really care and they will adhere to their rules and guidelines and that could mean failing you. Although at most I think they would just take your drink from you if anything.

As for alcoholic drinks, I've heard/read stories on here about people turning up hungover to HSC exams.

lildoro

HSC
We are only allowed water in a clear bottle. We're not even allowed to bring in pencil cases.. they make us put all our crap in a clear plastic sleeve...

I think the allowance of toilet breaks makes it so easy to cheat... you could just get up to go to the bathroom and look at notes you had in your pocket or something and nobody would know. Me, I wouldn't do that cause I never even have time to go to the bathroom in an exam, but I see so many people getting up to go and wonder if they're cheating. I guess they can't ban toilet breaks though.

Nat3skiz

HSC
ticky2002 said:
Does vodka not look like water?

no idea this is what my maths teacher told me lol.
And i'm pretty sure they'd smell the vodka

songs4thesadman said:
lol my best mate did her school certificate english exam while drunk
and she got a band six

which is 2 bands higher than she would have probably got sober

so i dnt think its that bad of an idea lol
and i'm pretty sure alcohol doesn't increase memory retention or knowledge, so i just think your friend performed well in the exam.

law

HSC
N/A
At my school it's a clear water bottle without labels. We can't bring in pencil cases, only a clear plastic sleeve and even that's checked before the exam starts. We even get threatened that if we don't look straight ahead or down at our exams we could get zero. It's funny because a mobile phone went off during our english exam but I think it just got confiscated and that was it.

Last year this guy had the author of one of our prescribed texts on his hand and got zero.

I guess the rules have to be strict to make it harder for those who cheat but with that said one guy last year put his mobile phone in a box up the front of the hall and it got stolen.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:eek: A name, I mean as a rule nothing should be written on your hands but the name of the prescribed text should of just been told to rub it off. Anyway by memory isn't the name and full title of prescribed texts listed in the exam?

As for mobile phones in a box, I guess it's the risk you take - otherwise don't take it. Sometimes schools ask for you to somehow put your name on it or put it in a case bag/whatever with your name on it and then you use ID to identify that's your name which would mean your phone. But that being said really isn't their job/problem to worry about.

Raven3333

Jerk
HSC
law said:
At my school it's a clear water bottle without labels. We can't bring in pencil cases, only a clear plastic sleeve and even that's checked before the exam starts. We even get threatened that if we don't look straight ahead or down at our exams we could get zero. It's funny because a mobile phone went off during our english exam but I think it just got confiscated and that was it.

Last year this guy had the author of one of our prescribed texts on his hand and got zero.

I guess the rules have to be strict to make it harder for those who cheat but with that said one guy last year put his mobile phone in a box up the front of the hall and it got stolen.
If the retard couldn't remember the name of a author he would have gotten 0 anyway. I mean you spend 10 weeks studying a text, you should know who wrote it without needing a prompt.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Unless it was for the spelling? But my English teacher made everyone write out the name of the author (i.e. Peter Skrzynecki) until we got it right, first time everytime. I still can spell it to this day and that was 2 years ago. So it worked.

law

HSC
N/A
Author's Name: Peter Goldsworthy

Not that hard to spell but getting zero for an author's name written on your hand is pretty tough.

I'd agree that after 10 weeks of learning about a prescribed text every student should know how to spell it.

dpospination

HSC
its good to have water in an exam, especially if its warm, to prevent dehydration. thuis in turn causes lack of concentration and memory in the exam...

xJennax

HSC
We've never been told the drink rule. Everyone just brings in water, I don't think anyone's attempted to bring anything else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)